Options

Wasn't Rebecca version of 'Sweet Dreams' something stunning ?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
Forum Member
It was my only performance this series that I was really WOW'ed by (just my opinion ofc).

In the past I've had a few like some of Ruth Lorenzo's, Alexandras, Leonas, Robert's (no one remembers him, but I liked one of his lool :o) and some others.

This year I felt I was missing that for me, but this just seemed totally epic and just amazing to me. I loved it.

Anyone else feel the same ?

Link to it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT_OOUIPEVA

Comments

• Options
    rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    It was amazing; I was shocked! Performance of the night by a couple of Earth radii.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    was so fab- I absolutely adored it- Rebecca was a winner in my eyes :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Absolutely LOVED it. By far and away her best performance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    no sorry, I don't agree it was zzzzzzzzzzzzz just sounded the same as she did singing all those other songs week in week out
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she would've won after that performance hahahaha, it was amazing :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    I didn't think it was amazing, but I liked it. It was the only song she sang I liked. Not a big fan of her voice, she sounds like she should look like Missy Elliot or Queen Latifah.
  • Options
    icefallicefall Posts: 7,709
    Forum Member
    It was great, I loved it :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    She does this music better than her drony, mono-tone ballads. If she done more of this I think I'll have had more respect for her, but she was given slow, dull and samey-samey songs that she got boring.
  • Options
    bunnyintheboxbunnyinthebox Posts: 1,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was great. Pity they did not get Annie Lenox to duet with her instead of Christina.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was great, that along with Wicked Game were her two stand outs for me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    not a massive fan of rebecca but it was really really good indeed, performance of the night, shame she doesnt seem capable of busting a move...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    I didn't think it was amazing, but I liked it. It was the only song she sang I liked. Not a big fan of her voice, she sounds like she should look like Missy Elliot or Queen Latifah.

I hope you know that Missy Elliot and Queen Latifah are rappers not singer :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    I still love this.
  • Options
    RandyRandy Posts: 1,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    x-xLizx-x wrote: »

Anyone else feel the same ?

Nope :confused:
  • Options
    quiniequinie Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I too thought it was fantastic!

... in fact I thought all night that she outsung Matt and wondered why she hadn't shone as much through the rest of the series and was shocked she didn't win...

...however, the voting figures now released show that Matt was always a clear leader so it makes more sense to me!

I'm a big fan of the X Factor but have never bought a track by any of the contestants...I would buy Rebecca's though - I just love her voice - beautiful... and I think she will sound fantastic on CD!

Well done to Matt for winning though! LOL
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    blue-sky wrote: »
    I hope you know that Missy Elliot and Queen Latifah are rappers not singer :confused:

Yes, that's why I said that she sounds like she should look like
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Performance of the whole series for me. And Matt is my favourite.

Simply stunning - I was in awe.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    PAL65 wrote: »
    It was great, that along with Wicked Game were her two stand outs for me.

Agreed. These two songs were fantastic. I wish she had sang Sweet dreams a few weeks ago. By the time she sang it, Matt had already built up a significant lead. Too much to overcome in one hour.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,291
    Forum Member
    I luved! it was one of my fav performances of Rebecca's and out of all the XF series!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenbon wrote: »
    no sorry, I don't agree it was zzzzzzzzzzzzz just sounded the same as she did singing all those other songs week in week out

Agreed and she just stood there. Why do uptempo if you are going to just stand?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,588
    Forum Member
    a great time for her to show versatility - following another successful female vocalist's early hit - soembody who has an excellent track record of sales and critical acclaim. neatly done.
  • Options
    ribtickleribtickle Posts: 6,361
    Forum Member
    I thought it was stunning too, one of her best.

It should have put her in the lead, and possibly did, but the Winner's song IMO lost any edge she may have had. Hers was a poorer choice than Matt's, she sounded dated and disinterested, whereas he sounded indie cool and contemporary, at least by comparison, and he was able to inject a lot of passion into the lyrics.

The result seems to have been a lot closer than some people and polls predicted. If something like Sweet Dreams had been her Winner's song, it might have been different.
  • Options
    BabsefcBabsefc Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was great. Pity they did not get Annie Lenox to duet with her instead of Christina.

^^^ This. She would've been fantastic with Annie.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    It was the performance of the competition, hands down. The only performance that got the hairs on my back standing up.

If she gets the right team behind her she'll have a great career. As long as she steers clear of the easy listening stuff. She has much bigger chance of conquering the US than Matt.

People will be begging to work with her after that performance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt fan here - but her performance of Sweet Dreams was fantastic. She converted me last night. Future will be good for her.

But Matt will always be my #1! :D