Options

The Official UKTV Thread

Comments

• Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Just seen another one for Market Kitchen with a van driving across screen.

Do UKTV / Good Food REALLY need to do this?
    I am guessing Waitrose (other supermarket are avabile, they just didnt fun the show) want there moneys worth.

http://www.brandrepublic.com/news/856580/UKTV-turns-AFP-start-up-Kremplewood/

then again that article is from 2008, so it is possible that they have already gotten there moneys worth.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I don't mind the promo before the shows. Off the top of my head Man V Food is sponsored by Appletize and another frequent sponsor is Onken (I think).

It's the animated IPP for the programs on the channel which is annoying.
    They previously had (and still do) a bar that pops up in the top left at about 10 minutes left advertising the next program and even though that is slightly annoying at least it's not an animation.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    In response to the earlier posts regarding the broadcast hours for Yesterday, we are pleased to announce that from 1st November Yesterday will be broadcasting an extra 2 hours every day from 6am until 3am.
  • Options
    Ray CathodeRay Cathode Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UKTV wrote: »
    In response to the earlier posts regarding the broadcast hours for Yesterday, we are pleased to announce that from 1st November Yesterday will be broadcasting an extra 2 hours every day from 6am until 3am.

That is excellent news; 1am-3am is my favourite viewing time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do you have any responses to the posts not regarding Yesterday?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Virgin Media customers who only subscribe to the M pack will be able to sample a selection of UKTV channels for most of November at no extra cost!

From today until 28th November inclusive, you will be able to view: Watch/Watch +1, Alibi/Alibi +1, Good Food/Good Food +1, Home/Home+1, Really and Blighty.

Then if that’s not enough, as a special Christmas treat, from 1st December until early January, GOLD will also be available to M pack subscribers.

For more information on all of our channels, please visit www.uktv.co.uk/findourchannels. We hope you enjoy them!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    GOLD is giving you another chance to see the classic comedy 'Allo 'Allo. The show has been absent from the GOLD schedule for a number of years but it is back weeknights at 7pm from Monday 15th November.

Enjoy!
  • Options
    crunchiecrunchie Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love to see the Perry & Croft BBC Sitcom COME BACK MRS NOAH please.

And the classic 1960's BBC sitcom MEET THE WIFE would be fantastic to see again :-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Any info why Peep Show and others have been stopped mid run?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    GOLD is giving you another chance to see the classic comedy 'Allo 'Allo. The show has been absent from the GOLD schedule for a number of years but it is back weeknights at 7pm from Monday 15th November.

Enjoy!

And every episode shown so far has had a bloody big white mug advertising the Royle family programme appear as an IPP somewhere in it and linger for ages ruining the flow, hopefully this will disappear on future repeats. I wish that broadcasters would realise that on screen garbage is counterproductive, The navigation aid argument is getting tired every digital receiver has an inbuilt guide.
  • Options
    johnashjohnash Posts: 190
    Forum Member

Enjoy!

Good Moaning!

The episodes I have endured have been from the last series made and are far from "classic". Can't dream why Gold have started with these as they are very weak and some of the original actors (Jack Haig, Gavin Richards) have gone. Maybe it's because of the picture quality but these episodes are not the way to introduce the reruns of this, at times, funny programme.

The programme had got very tired by the last series and it was rightfully put to bed afterwards. I really can't bear to watch any more of them.
  • Options
    Martyn1Martyn1 Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johnash wrote: »
    Good Moaning!

The episodes I have endured have been from the last series made and are far from "classic". Can't dream why Gold have started with these as they are very weak and some of the original actors (Jack Haig, Gavin Richards) have gone. Maybe it's because of the picture quality but these episodes are not the way to introduce the reruns of this, at times, funny programme.

The programme had got very tired by the last series and it was rightfully put to bed afterwards. I really can't bear to watch any more of them.

G.O.L.D have only bought series 7 to 9 so far, thats why they are showing 'later' episodes and not the early ones.

'G.O.L.D without the old' should be the new catchphrase instead of the poor and annoying 'stick something funny on' or the slightly better but still poor 'Go on laugh daily'.
  • Options
    daniel2015daniel2015 Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UKTV, Is there any plans to replace the useless dave ja vu channel on freeview with something more useful considering +1 channels are a waste of space on the limited capacity freeview has.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any chance you can get the rights to classic episodes of the soaps.

Eastenders would be a start but would also like neighbors, home and away, emmerdale and coronation street.

As you can see from a number of threads on here there is a demand for classic episodes.

Also any chance of putting there on one of your freeview channels ????
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess 50 years old Corrie could work on "Yesterday" actually Heartbeat would be a better fit, assumin its not repated on ITV 3 of course.

then again if iTV 3 si repeating it, maybe there isnt a market for it.
  • Options
    johnashjohnash Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    Currently, on many GOLD programmes, there is virtually a paragraph of text under the usual D.O.G.

I haven't hung around long enough to read it completely but it's something to do with Christmas episodes.

Is it really necessary to ruin our "viewing experience" even more by, not only obliterating people's heads, but now much of their bodies with these ridiculous graphics?

I simply cannot watch anything with this going on, so I go elsewhere. How many more viewers are they losing in this way, I wonder?

In a 'Last of the Summer Wine' which I endured for almost a minute, Seymour's head and upper body were almost permanently covered with text.

Really!
  • Options
    NetizenNetizen Posts: 5,041
    Forum Member
    Will Watch be showing next year's Masterchef Australia season 3, or the second Junior season?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Netizen wrote: »
    Will Watch be showing next year's Masterchef Australia season 3, or the second Junior season?

Hi,

Series 3 of MasterChef Australia and Series 1 of Junior MasterChef Australia will arrive on Watch next year. We will also be showing MasterChef New Zealand.

We will announce details of Series 2 of Junior MasterChef Australia next year once they are confirmed.

Thanks.

UKTV.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello UKTV,

Do you care to answer some of the other questions in this thread namely my questions:D:D

Also will dave be showing the most recent season of Dragons Den the one that was recently just shown on bbc 2?
  • Options
    NetizenNetizen Posts: 5,041
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the quick reply, the people on the other end of the contact form your website never got back to me!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    daniel2015 wrote: »
    Hello UKTV,

Do you care to answer some of the other questions in this thread namely my questions:D:D

Also will dave be showing the most recent season of Dragons Den the one that was recently just shown on bbc 2?
    The UKTV member seems to be very selective about the posts they reply to ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The UKTV member seems to be very selective about the posts they reply to ;)

Looks that way unfortunately.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    crunchie wrote: »
    I'd love to see the Perry & Croft BBC Sitcom COME BACK MRS NOAH please.

And the classic 1960's BBC sitcom MEET THE WIFE would be fantastic to see again :-)

I'd love to see Meet the Wife, whatever episodes still exist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    daniel2015 wrote: »
    Hello UKTV,

We have no plans to remove Dave ja vu from Freeview nor show any of the soaps you listed I'm afraid. The most recent series of Dragons' Den should arrive on Dave during 2011.

UKTV.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Any info why Peep Show and others have been stopped mid run?

Unfortunately due to performance reasons, we had to remove some shows from the schedule however Peep Show will be repeated in full in early 2011.