Options

Mary spoke out to the papers!!

lizmlizm Posts: 989
Forum Member
✭✭
After her elimination Mary spoke out to the papers - 'FIXED', 'IT'S NOT THE SHOW YOU THINK IT IS...' do you think after this outburst Mary really will get a record contract?? She made some allegations there....!:eek:

Comments

• Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to Louis,the woman Mary spoke to didn't identify herself as a journalist.Mary thought she was having a chat with a fan.

Wagner seems to have had the same problem with his Cheryl "council estate" comments.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    According to Louis,the woman Mary spoke to didn't identify herself as a journalist.Mary thought she was having a chat with a fan.

She still said it.........It is very damaging to the X factor!
  • Options
    silkdragonsilkdragon Posts: 1,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mary will do .o.k. without a contract from Simon.
    I read it on here a few weeks ago, that Tesco had signed Mary for a large sum, to star in their tesco adverts. Probably to be shown in Ireland rather than the u.k.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wagner seems to have had the same problem with his Cheryl "council estate" comments.

It's probably the same reporter Wagner spoke to not knowing it was a journalist when he said all the stuff about Cheryl
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get why none of these contestants seem to have had any coaching whatsoever in how to handle themselves with the press or whoever else may ask them probing questions.

They are all bound to fall foul of their contract at some stage if they haven't been switched on to the machinations of our highly esteemed journalists.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lizm wrote: »

The XFactor managed to damage itself, thanks to Cowell and co.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ardwark wrote: »
    I don't get why none of these contestants seem to have had any coaching whatsoever in how to handle themselves with the press or whoever else may ask them probing questions.

They are all bound to fall foul of their contract at some stage if they haven't been switched on to the machinations of our highly esteemed journalists.

This is something I and many others have been banging on about for a long time now.

The so-called "mentors" should be preparing their acts for the media as much as preparing them to perform, they seem ot be unable to do this as time and time again something like this happens.

The biggest problem with this lack of preparation and real mentoring in the x-factor is once it's over, it's over and the acts rejected seem to be dropped from a great height and left to the mercy of the media. Simon etc have had their pound of flesh and, now used-up, they are simply discarded unless there are a few more £££'s to be squeezed out of them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wouldn't exactly be a difficult thing to do with them would it?

I might offer my services next year. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Old.Tallen wrote: »
    This is something I and many others have been banging on about for a long time now.

The so-called "mentors" should be preparing their acts for the media as much as preparing them to perform, they seem ot be unable to do this as time and time again something like this happens.

The biggest problem with this lack of preparation and real mentoring in the x-factor is once it's over, it's over and the acts rejected seem to be dropped from a great height and left to the mercy of the media. Simon etc have had their pound of flesh and, now used-up, they are simply discarded unless there are a few more £££'s to be squeezed out of them.

I think the media plays a huge role in 'advertising' the show, 'katie this..' 'Wagner that...'blah,,blah...It's not lack of preparation by the mentors ... I think it's meant to be......the contestants comments & (lives are used as unpaid advertising for the show! I agree with what you say about once it is all over though! :(
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Anyone asking questions that relate to what she thought of being booted out of the show (questions leading up to whether she thought it was a fix or not), she might have known that this would be a reporter. They can be right sly pigs.
  • Options
    all_nightall_night Posts: 7,636
    Forum Member
    The way to stop fix claims is not to have judges vote. When the official stats were released Sunday night, it came quite clear i feel the judges knew the result. Hence the decision to take it to deadlock on some nights, and others not to. Classic case - Cher vs Mary - Mary would have been saved if it was public vote.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member

And?? Does Walsh think he's helping the situation by telling us this? :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    lizm wrote: »

It seems that what Mary is alleged to have said may have some substance looking at the official figures for judges save me's and the official voting figures by the general public.

And Wagner was right on the mark too.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    Does no one take responsibility for themselves any more - always blaming someone or something else for why they failed. Maybe just maybe, you shouted your songs at the audience and people didn't like this or they didn't like some other aspect of your singing and this is why you failed to win the competition.

And so she complains about it and then blames the journalist for not identifying themselves as such during her complaining and moaning. Take responsibility.
  • Options
    philster1972philster1972 Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    Does no one take responsibility for themselves any more - always blaming someone or something else for why they failed. Maybe just maybe, you shouted your songs at the audience and people didn't like this or they didn't like some other aspect of your singing and this is why you failed to win the competition.

And so she complains about it and then blames the journalist for not identifying themselves as such during her complaining and moaning. Take responsibility.

WTF!!! Are you blind as well as deaf? Mary was stitched over, plain and simple. So what if she talked to the newspapers willingly or not. It's about time someone spoke out about the fiX Factor. Anyone ignores who her talented voice check themselves in. She might not be everyone's cup of tea but she should have been in the final, stats proved it! Also, I'd rather hear her sing than some of the other contestants that scream or voices warble!
  • Options
    bunnyintheboxbunnyinthebox Posts: 1,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Old.Tallen wrote: »

I seem to recall that Wagner said he had additional media coaching from the producers after he was eliminated.

I suspect that during the series they get media coaching but some pay more attention than others.
  • Options
    Manly BarrilowManly Barrilow Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What does it matter who she said it to? It seems they are saying "As they didn't tell them they were a journalist, it doesn't count and anyway, she was lying".
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Mary spoke the truth – look at how the sing offs were used and abused this year.

The real reason they had the emergency sing off in her semi was not to save Cher but prevent Mary making the final – where she would have had a good chance of beating One Direction.

Cher nearly did come third – Mary might well have overtaken 1D based on how close they were in the voting (given that a greater proportion of 'adults' vote in the final).

Imagine Simon's embarassment at having 1D being beaten by Louis and a 50 year old checkout operator. He couldn't take the risk:D
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reporters do make stuff up once they have some kind of comment to base it all on.

One cheap trick is to ask a leading question and then report the leading question as if the victim said it.

Reporter "Is it the show what the general public think it is?"
    Victim "No, not really"

Becomes: "X-Factor is a fix claims Mary!!"
  • Options
    quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mary should have been more discreet, a close mouth catches no flies.She did nothing wrong to be eliminated though, she had more votes than Cher after all. She also outsang her in the singoff.
    The judges saved Cher because she is younger, controversial and more marketable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »
    Reporters do make stuff up once they have some kind of comment to base it all on.

One cheap trick is to ask a leading question and then report the leading question as if the victim said it.

Reporter "Is it the show what the general public think it is?"
    Victim "No, not really"

Becomes: "X-Factor is a fix claims Mary!!"

LOl this is probably exactly what happened.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    WTF!!! Are you blind as well as deaf? Mary was stitched over, plain and simple. So what if she talked to the newspapers willingly or not. It's about time someone spoke out about the fiX Factor. Anyone ignores who her talented voice check themselves in. She might not be everyone's cup of tea but she should have been in the final, stats proved it! Also, I'd rather hear her sing than some of the other contestants that scream or voices warble!

So she was in the bottom two because she was so brilliant :rolleyes::rolleyes:

She didn't sing and that is why when she tried to actually sing a song that couldn't just be bellowed out at the top of her voice, she blamed it on, not being her type of song - good singers can make any song their type of song - and then later blamed it on the fact that her daughter wasn't there awwww :rolleyes:

Sorry but it is my opinion that she wasn't good enough to win, it is your opinion that she was - but do not insult me for my opinions as I have not insulted you for yours.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree completely, she just belted out vocals, there were enough ballad acts!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To be fair Mary has said she did not say the show was a fix and said also the semis were her final.The tabloids do twist stuff and embellish stories.
    The audience actually voted her into the final, the judges voted her out, not the public. and she was consistently in the top four every week, so they did like her.
    Louis blamed the journalist not Mary. She knew she would not win, she has said this.She also said the show was for younger people and did not expect to win.

She was gracious on This Morning and on Irish radio and is being treated unfairly here.She has not moaned at all and is happy with her lot.See post about tabloid journalism above.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's over, she got her exposure, she's signed and on the tour. Mary can say whatever she wants :cool: