Options

Hollyoaks is easily the best soap on TV right now!

laurenlawsonlaurenlawson Posts: 2,403
Forum Member
✭✭✭
God, have you watched it lately?
If not, you really should.
Great characters from Paul Marquess, which I didn't like what direction he was taking the show, until recently.
I think his era is better than Kirkwood's was at Hollyoaks!
From the trans storyline to Brendan & Ste, to Warren & Mandy.
Its actually BRILLIANT right now, and it does not deserve the bad press it gets and low ratings.
I just hope they don't axe it!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. :D It definitely deserves some recognition of how good Marquess has made it tbh. The Jasmine/Jason stuff is probably my favourite storyline in a long time. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gmc93 wrote: »
    I agree. :D It definitely deserves some recognition of how good Marquess has made it tbh. The Jasmine/Jason stuff is probably my favourite storyline in a long time. :)

Yes, being trans is not easy, as a trans person myself, I know that. :(
    But the story is great.
  • Options
    RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. Only soap I am watching every episode because I don't want to miss it.

Ste and Brendan stuff is amazing.

Loving Jasmine/Jason's struggle and relationship with Bart.

Eva and Cheryl are amazing.

The Mcqueen's are being great. Loving Jaqui and Rhys together.

Steph's loved ones coping with her loss.

Not too keen on the guy candy stuff though!

But overall it's brilliant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RiDsTeR wrote: »
    I agree. Only soap I am watching every episode because I don't want to miss it.

Ste and Brendan stuff is amazing.

Loving Jasmine/Jason's struggle and relationship with Bart.

Eva and Cheryl are amazing.

The Mcqueen's are being great. Loving Jaqui and Rhys together.

Steph's loved ones coping with her loss.

Not too keen on the guy candy stuff though!

But overall it's brilliant.

Yeah, I am not keen on the guy candy bore fest either. :yawn:
    But then again, do you remember the awful 'MasKara' play!? :D
    Anything involving Lee Hunter bores me, although I like Leanne and Lee together!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I am not keen on the guy candy bore fest either. :yawn:
    But then again, do you remember the awful 'MasKara' play!? :D
    Anything involving Lee Hunter bores me, although I like Leanne and Lee together!

I do not know they thought people would be interested in that MasKara rubbish.

The Guy Candy stuff reminds me of the awful Baby Diego stuff a few years back. I hope we're heading towards the same thing!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Double post
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    RiDsTeR wrote: »
    I do not know they thought people would be interested in that MasKara rubbish.

The Guy Candy stuff reminds me of the awful Baby Diego stuff a few years back. I hope we're heading towards the same thing!

I loved the Baby Diegos and I love Guy Candy - but I did not enjoy MasKara. The characters and the comedy are really working for me at the moment.

Could not agree more with the consensus of the thread - Hollyoaks is fantastic at the moment. There's so much to love: Jas/Bart, Brendan/Ste, Jacqui/Rhys - the whole Chez Chez crew in general really. As I've said I love the comedy stuff, I like Eva and Sinead and Cheryl and Mitzeee (all the fiesty females are great).

I can count the things I don't like on one hand, which is great. For the record the things I don't like (Amber/Gabby Sharpe, Riley/Mercy/Carl triangle and Warren's return) the rest I am loving.
  • Options
    charliestubbscharliestubbs Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A definite improvement in quality, but I found Fire Week and Warren's return big anti-climaxes, and sadly ratings have not improved either....

India's storyline looks amazing however. Will definatley be tuning in for that! :)
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad they been using Jacqui easily the strongest female actor on the show
    The triangle between Mercy, Riley and his dad looks interesting, I know is quite repetitive for Mercy's character but the actress is quite limited in her acting.
    Alex Fletcher so underused she needs to be given more prominence.
    Darren needs a storyline not crappy Guy candy stuff he is one of the best characters on the show.
    Brenden emm his interesting but my attention has not really been catched by the whole gay storyline with Ste.
    Mitzeee we need to see her more she one of the best new additions to the show
    the aftermath of Steph death was done very well.
    Jason's transformation another one that looks like it going too be good.

the new years spoilers with India and new come Cameron look very promising.
    Tony needs some more screen time

Turn off so far
    Too many characters, not enough focus on core storylines, plus some awlful acting recently
    Warren return's dreadful done, really don't see the point
    The band stuff, really I thought they wanted to bring some integrity too this show.
    The detective, Liberty and Teresa triangle, boring and the guy looks like his 16.
    Gabby, Amber and her pregnancy really badly developed
    The ongoing Calvin, Angel baby drama, needs to end soon gone on for too long either lock Tersea up or move on.
  • Options
    LennieLennie Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you look at HO's storylines at the moment, and compared to other soaps, then HO looks to be the best out of them
  • Options
    MrBingMrBing Posts: 2,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think overall Emmerdale has been the best this year, despite becoming a bit Daley recently. Hollyoaks is probably the best right now, though those who don't watch it will not accept this because it's Hollyoaks. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    The latter half of the year since about Loretta's final two weeks have been amazing IMO...

You know the characters have personality... the new famalies are settled, they did a blinder with The Costello family inparticular, you would think they had been in it for years!

Stand outs for me are Sinead, Eva, Jas, Bart and Mitzeee. Also love how Eva changed Anita from one annyoning character.. Ricky to is a character that is better these days, it's like her learned how to act better!

Only thing I didn't aprove of is the chopping of scenes because it was so obvious... also still wondering is Warren is needed anymore... Brendan and Danny have stolen the role me thinks.

On the departure front I think they were perhaps needed...

but a big Mistake in letting Charlotte Lau go!!!!!!! (Also Amy if she really is off...) Veronica I'd of also liked to see more off.
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rain wrote: »
    The latter half of the year since about Loretta's final two weeks have been amazing IMO...

You know the characters have personality... the new famalies are settled, they did a blinder with The Costello family inparticular, you would think they had been in it for years!

Stand outs for me are Sinead, Eva, Jas, Bart and Mitzeee. Also love how Eva changed Anita from one annyoning character.. Ricky to is a character that is better these days, it's like her learned how to act better!

Only thing I didn't aprove of is the chopping of scenes because it was so obvious... also still wondering is Warren is needed anymore... Brendan and Danny have stolen the role me thinks.

On the departure front I think they were perhaps needed...

but a big Mistake in letting Charlotte Lau go!!!!!!! (Also Amy if she really is off...) Veronica I'd of also liked to see more off.

;) Just watch the Brighthouse adverts!