Options

Heart GRRRRRR (again !)

Comments

• Options
    boywonderboywonder Posts: 1,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love reading all the comments, that you all put on here, so here's a question for you ALL ?
    How many of you work in radio ? and how many wish they did ?

Commercial radio is a business ! Yes ILR's should be 24/7 local, but come in the 21st Century, the world has changed, and this cost of running radio stations is very expensive.

People listen to the radio for about 45 mins a day, not like anoraks who listen 24/7.

Global is there to MAKE MONEY, just like McDonalds, they just happen to play music, rather than serve food.

Global have increased reach on most stations, and incrased revenue on most stations, so JOB DONE ..

If you dont like Heart/Capital then set your own internet station up or buy a radio station, and see if you can do a better job than Global.....

and secondly Get a Life, its only Radio, you dont have to listen
    Spot on 100% fella but really you are wasting your breath. I often why I keep coming back on here MYSELF!! They will never get it and they will never understand.
  • Options
    PowerplayPowerplay Posts: 4,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and secondly Get a Life, its only Radio, you dont have to listen

Although imagine your only job is working 6am - 2pm in a factory, where the boss plays out Heart for all to hear while you work, all day every day. Even though the boss is probably say in his office and can't hear the radio on the factory floor anyway. Now if you were sick of Heart being piped through, wouldn't you suggest a change of station to the boss, or just change the bloody thing yourself??

I do sympathise with that scenario, and I'm glad I don't have to do that for a living, but what benefit has this thread had to Mr Birkenhead? :confused:
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boywonder wrote: »
    Spot on 100% fella but really you are wasting your breath. I often why I keep coming back on here MYSELF!! They will never get it and they will never understand.

No, and you industry types have spent so long inside, you lose touch with the real world. It's a pretty unhealthy business to immerse yourself in these days

It was always to my regret that I didn't follow my passion and pursue a career in radio. Not any more. I can't imagine a duller environment to work in than a Global radio station.
  • Options
    Martin KongMartin Kong Posts: 2,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevgo wrote: »
    I can't imagine a duller environment to work in than a Global radio station.

Dull?

To the ones who still have a job there, they're probably grateful due to the job cuts that happened after Global took over Gcap.

Dull is when no job cuts are announced, but people want to quit the place and try to apply for a different organisation that's more exciting to work for.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    catman558 wrote: »
    You seem to have swallowed the entire gamut of buzzwords relating to commercial radio hook line and sinker.

Really? What "buzzwords" were there in my post?
    Shame you chose to forget<if you ever knew>the real meaning of the word "Cretin"it is a medical term to describe those with a certain congenital condition suffered through no fault of the person suffering it.

It's a term which has fallen into disuse, describing a non-inherited iodine deficiency which causes learning difficulties. I'm assuming you never use the word "idiot" given your irrational and frankly bizarre hatred of archaic medical terms?
    Your analogy relating to those that dare to have more than a limited amount from their library is however amusing,it's easy for a child to build a jigsaw puzzle that consists of 100 pieces,not so easy if there's thousands.

That isn't the case at all. You clearly have no experience whatsoever of music scheduling.
    If only you'd escaped the induction or is it indoctrination that causes you to become angry when someone dares to pass comment on the beloved cardiac unit.

I'm not angry at all, but I notice I've wound you up enough to move you to make your first ever post. Excellent!
  • Options
    Rachel2006Rachel2006 Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is so not a cool station. i'd rather stick needles in my eyeballs than listen to the reptitious shite they play. judging by their playlist on their website hasn't changed in the last um... at least 2 hours?.:yawn: .
  • Options
    Rachel2006Rachel2006 Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

no boywonder...we'll never understand why the hell you're still in a job? :eek:
  • Options
    jon craigjon craig Posts: 1,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel2006 wrote: »

And a very Happy Christmas to you too.......:rolleyes:
  • Options
    wckartistwckartist Posts: 1,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

it obviously isn't a demanding gig, given the amount of time the "usual suspects" spend on here!;)
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Poor Andy, he's even beginning to imagine and dream that he's hearing double.

He has most likely had a 'Heart' attack, probably due to so much repetition of Heart's smallest record library (Buttercup/Buble/Dancing Queen) in the universe.
  • Options
    bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor Andy, he's even beginning to imagine and dream that he's hearing double.

He has most likely had a 'Heart' attack, probably due to so much repetition of Heart's smallest record library (Buttercup/Buble/Dancing Queen) in the universe.

Oh come on, they have expanded the list this last week or so. They are even playing John Lennon and Paul McCartney. Lennon and McCartney possibly one of the greatest song writing partnerships, but to get on Heart we have to wait until Christmas so we can hear Merry Christmas War is Over and Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time.

Gee, all that time wasted with Ringo Starr and George Harrison, to get on the UK's most popular commercial network in C21st, all they needed to do was write two flipping Christmas songs :D
  • Options
    fluffsta007fluffsta007 Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    I would love to be able to listen to a FM 24/7 dance station but I guess the government would step in like they did in Coventry when somebody wanted to do this.

What could have been a epic station turned into another Heart clone (Touch FM). I remember reading about this in the local paper, something about the government or somebody else who regulates the airwaves stating that there is no real need for a dance station but more community need for another Heart clone (Touch FM).

I think that the problem is that too many people who regulate and work in radio are past their prime and stuck in their old ways. Nobody wants to be fresh and bold and even if they did they simply cannot do much. Almost every radio station I can pick up in the Coventry area plays the same old tripe. Whenever I am abroad somewhere I am always in awe and jealous at the better radio stations they have. More diversity, more choice!
  • Options
    ChelmsfordDudeChelmsfordDude Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    Oh come on, they have expanded the list this last week or so. They are even playing John Lennon and Paul McCartney. Lennon and McCartney possibly one of the greatest song writing partnerships.

That's because this week it's the 30 year anniversary of Lennon's death.
  • Options
    tini canstini cans Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    That's because this week it's the 30 year anniversary of Lennon's death.

No, nothing to do with that. Heart isn't Gold.

It's because John and Yoko's Merry Christmas War Is Over is playlisted on Heart.
  • Options
    tini canstini cans Posts: 384
    Forum Member

What a low, nasty remark to make. Disgraceful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tini cans wrote: »
    I wouldn't expect anything less from DS posters....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tini cans wrote: »
    I wouldn't expect anything less from DS posters....

Rachel2006 has made some good arguements in the past, but even I will say hat there was no need for a remark like that.

Unless she knows them personally (which I don't think she does) she has no right to attack boywonder in this way with no way for him to defend himself.

Regardless of our feelings about Heart, there's no need to get personal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's fuuny is that 'Rachel2006' said he/she had a few questions to ask on November 11th -

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=45573561&postcount=285

I sent him/her a private message offering to help answer whatever questions he/she had and didn't even get a reply back!

You try and help to explain things and what do you get back in return??!!
  • Options
    mikwmikw Posts: 48,715
    Forum Member
    Anybody hear "Club Classics" on Tuesday night between 8-845pm?

"Let's go round again" was played TWICE in 40 minutes!
    :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 300
    Forum Member
    mikw wrote: »
    Anybody hear "Club Classics" on Tuesday night between 8-845pm?

"Let's go round again" was played TWICE in 40 minutes!
    :D

The irony; both in terms of song title and that this thread is about to "go round again"!
  • Options
    radioman2radioman2 Posts: 1,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Careful the Borg employees will start crying "Foul"and even suggest that you made it all up.Looking at the rest of the stuff listed I'm glad I wasn't listening,yukkk.

MrUK wrote: »
    The irony; both in terms of song title and that this thread is about to "go round again"!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member

Wow, that's very interesting, more especially because of the following things that were also said on this thread:-
    Steve Buck wrote: »
    Far more effort goes into music programming on a station with tight rotations than slack ones......

......it requires a lot more time and effort to ensure you're getting it right.

Programming a station with fast turnovers - is a real skill, combining art and science.

Also....
    Miss Sixty wrote: »
    And knowing Heart's programme director as I do, there's no way he'd be sloppy enough ........

It's remarkable that their very own log proves that the SAME SONG was played TWICE in the main programming segments within 30 MINUTES - yet there was complete denial that the same song was played twice in sequence, once as part of main playlist and again as an advert break filler for DAB listeners in non-Heart areas.
  • Options
    Allerton ParkAllerton Park Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    Andy B. Ask them to change it over, mate. Other radio stations are available! Maybe other people where you work don't want to listen to it either. If they do like it, then you're going to have to get some ear defenders or develop a taste for Michael Buble!
  • Options
    bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy B. Ask them to change it over, mate. Other radio stations are available! Maybe other people where you work don't want to listen to it either. If they do like it, then you're going to have to get some ear defenders or develop a taste for Michael Buble!

Tried that where I work. The boss, claims that the customer, we work for a contract that runs their warehouse, won't let us touch the tannoy.

I smell a load of bull.

He also claimed that the licence fee would go up to switch to a BBC station!!!

No wonder Heart have such high listeners, how many firms believe that it cost more to have BBC radio on I wonder?