Options

Stuart's firing was a DISGRACE!

Comments

• Options
    JTWJTW Posts: 41,922
    Forum Member
    duncann wrote: »
    He fell flat on his face in the interviews anyway, his answers were junk - but he was exposed as deceitful and that's an automatic fail in any company. There's overhyping yourself, they all did that, but he had written factual inaccuracies and then didn't back down. Worse, the likes of Liz had been fired because they let him do this act in the boardroom. LAS was angry with himself more than anything. The firing was the most cringemaking and unpleasant of any I've seen on The Apprentice, it was personal and nasty but Stuart brought it on himself, and I say that as a previous fan.

Asking the guy his name well into the interview was a pathetic attempt at oneupmanship, as if to say I'm the brand, you're a nobody. Only a ******** would do that, the comeback was obvious, if you don't know my name you're not paying attention.

Good to see how this has all played out to the public.

Let's hate the guy for daring to lie on his CV and act like a buffoon for our entertainment.

All in the name of SA's brand of products, brought directly by the BBC. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuart must have been let through the selection process for his entertainment value alone.

And while he may be an habitual fibber, he made us all laugh.

But for AS to fire him as he did?. Wrong, wrong, wrong!!.

If AS really was "taken in" by Stuarts BS, then that really beggars belief, as after all, does he not always stress that no one can "pull the wool over his eyes" and "I've heard it all before" in every series?.....

While Stuart should have gone much earlier in the series, he deserved a little more respect in his firing.

Rant over....
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To survive in the sort of environment he wanted to work in by applying for this process Baggs would have a lot more than "you're full of shit" hurled at him. Yes it was OTT in its context but Stuart is the one who will get the PR off the back of all this. I have found his dealings with the other contestants hugely unprofessional throughout (Stuart's attempts to poach customers on the tour task made me cringe a lot more than last night), so you could say that karmically he has been retributed!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that Stuart should have gone weeks ago, but the original poster was spot on with the Lee McQueen comparison.

Lying on your CV is not good, but McQueen did it and it never affected his chances of getting the job did it?

Smacks of double standards.

There was a major difference with what Lee lied about and what Stuart lied about!

Lee tried, failed and admitted that on his CV he had tried to add to what he thought were poor academic credentials. He completed a term, whilst indicating on his CV that he had finished a two year course. Although dishonest and ill judged Lee's lie didnt help him to remain in the competition over anyone else did it? He never bragged about it at all. It only came up in the interview, and he held his hands up and apologised to Lord Sugar. Who actually said it was more impressive that he hadnt achieved the certificate he indicated he had.

Stuart on the other hand, wouldnt admit to severly misleading the type license he had until hard pressed by the interviewer. And worse still he still tried to blag his way out of the lie with Lord Sugar in the board room. He was already caught out FFS. Stuart used his "background" on a number of occassions to blag his way into the next week, and with a smile knowing exactly what he was doing. Besides i find it extremely hard to believe that somebody described as "bright" in this field by many of the interviewers, would then struggle to know the difference between what type of license he indicated he had and the actual license he had. At one stage in the BR last night when being pressed on the accessability of the license he actually said "the cost of it is irrelevant" Still not prepared to hold his hands up then. Well yes it is relevant, and obviously it was to Lord Sugar and the interviewers!

I dont blame LS for losing it and firing him first, he shouldnt have been there. Liz should have. Although seeing "brand" being verbally beaten to a pulp last night was amazing!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Stuart must have been let through the selection process for his entertainment value alone.

Ultimately, the show is out to capture viewers, if it wasn't for the presence of the likes of Baggs, a lot less people would watch. The producers will have been well aware of 'anomalies' in his CV. That's exactly why he made it through to the interview stage instead of Liz. My take on last night, http://j.mp/gZpyoQ
  • Options
    Achtung!Achtung! Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bang out of order and I know I'm gonna get loads of you saying 'wah wah the fat wa**ker deserved it'...but he did NOT deserve it! I feel sorry for the kid.

Bloody hell, if you think being told "You're full of shit" on a TV show is bang out of order and a disgrace, then god help you when you start work yourself.
  • Options
    NeilPostNeilPost Posts: 6,067
    Forum Member
    Baggs came out best out of the 3 fired candidates. He does know is technical stuff and was only tripped up on regulatory technicalities. He does run a proper business and is successful.

If anybody out of this bunch is remembered in a couple of years it will be Stuart Baggs "The Brand".

He's the only one with what The Lord Sugar said he was looking for. Exceptional, Innovative etc...

Technical - not really. He put a few buzz words over, but never gave any really impression of technical competancy.

He got fired because he was a ********.

Successful - I don;t think we ever got to the bottom of that

- Director of a £3m turnover company, we did not get any info on that at all, so we are none the wiser
    - The Telecoms company was mentions seperately to the above. Looking at the web site, they are nothing apparently more than another telecoms reseller. Good on him for setting it up, or his partners he did it with, although I of M is a odd place as Manx Telecom is the incumbant supplier, although backed by BT it is not BT as on the fence of being in/out of the UK.

Bluewave Comms website is still lying/very vague about its licencing ststus
    http://www.bluewave.im/about/

"The company is licensed in respect of fixed and wireless IP communications Island wide"
    and
    "BlueWave Communications Ltd is licensed and regulated under the Telecommunications Act 1984 and the Wireless Telegraphy Act 1949. We are registered with the office of the Data Protection Supervisor and information collected from our customers is used in conjunction with the Data Protection Act 2002."

--

I've not enjoyed a firing of "Baggs, the Brand" so much, since the odious bitch Melissa got the chop.

--

Stella will win.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JTW wrote: »
    Good to see how this has all played out to the public.

Let's hate the guy for daring to lie on his CV and act like a buffoon for our entertainment.

All in the name of SA's brand of products, brought directly by the BBC. :rolleyes:

Although 'Light Entertainment', it is a business show...

... I look forward to seeing "Baggs, the Brand", on Live at The Apollo, if he is that funny.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In case anyone wants another view of it. I think I might put it in repeat all day :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLVJ0mUa3xI
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    NeilPost wrote: »
    Technical - not really. He put a few buzz words over, but never gave any really impression of technical competancy.

He got fired because he was a ********.

Actually - more than one of the interviewers commented on his technical knowledge in positive terms - so I don't think those are/ were in doubt at all
    Successful - I don;t think we ever got to the bottom of that

- Director of a £3m turnover company, we did not get any info on that at all, so we are none the wiser

Considering the emphasis they put on the relatively minor licensing issue - don't you think that this would have been a bigger and better "lie" to pick up on? I can't help thinking that if he wasn't pulled up on it - it might just be true - after all a 21 year old claiming to run a £3M turnover company isn't exactly the usual sort of thing one would expect is it?
    Stella will win .

I do hope so - I find Chris shallow and boring in comparison
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CaroUK wrote: »

Considering the emphasis they put on the relatively minor licensing issue - don't you think that this would have been a bigger and better "lie" to pick up on? I can't help thinking that if he wasn't pulled up on it - it might just be true - after all a 21 year old claiming to run a £3M turnover company isn't exactly the usual sort of thing one would expect is it?

Not really sure.

The blurb about him is that he 'is a director in a £3m turnover company', without much other detail. This was described seperately to the Telecoms company, which 'he set up'. Would be nice to know what he does, his involvement, whether the company makes any moey etc...

There is little more to go on, from a viewers operspective, other than his runaway mouth.

Perhaps he is Director of Marketing Puff? Personally I am a manager in a tier 1 UK blue chip Telecoms company, with a multi-£bn turnover, and multi £bn profitability, however little of that has anything to do with me, and is more the rest of the people who work in the very large orgnisation'. I'm sure I could big it up in a 'Baggs, the Brand' sense, but it would be nothing other than incredible waffle.

"Baggs, the Brand" (ROFLMAO )will be certainly be declared 'FALSE' on snopes.com :D
  • Options
    planetnokiaplanetnokia Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're right - it should have happened WEEKS ago! :rolleyes:

Congratulations...you've kicked the chair away from under this thread :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JB220706 wrote: »
    It wasn't the fact that it was a technical detail on the licensing that got him fired. it was the fact that he failed to hold his hands up and say "yeah, I over-egged that a bit". It was like blood from a stone getting to the truth. He was sat with someone who knew exactly what the license was, had spoken to the authorities and yet Stuart still persisted that he was right. He does not know when to stop and that is what makes him unsuitable for the job.

Correct. Also the lie/defamation regarding the competitors business. I can't clearly remember Lee's lie being uncovered but I imagine he wasn't defending it to the extent Stuart was. Also, don't think Lee spent ages convincing LS and anyone who would listen how honest he was in the way Stuart did. I posted last week that this might happen if anything was proven to be untrue on Stuart's CV because LS would see it as being taken in if so.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mona Loca wrote: »
    He should have been sacked last week. He was only kept on because his interviews would make good TV.

And this is what I suspect the truth of the matter is.

I think that Stuart was kept in long enough to make good tv for us viewers.

Do I think his sacking was disgraceful? Yes and no.

Yes, he needed taking down a peg or two. But I would rather have seen him being sacked for the way he spoke to potential clients and other competitors.

For example his interaction with the Tourist Information woman - "call the Police" and his relentless back stabbing towards other competitors. The way he butted in on Chris's sales pitch in Trafalgar Square last week was terrible.

OP I think they did choose to sack him in the most sensational way possible for viewing reasons. However, I don't think Stuart will do too badly out of appearing on this show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sugar was assuaging his guilt for firing a far more capable candidate, Liz, the previous week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Oh well, good to see that we agree on something then! It would be a sad world if we were all the same and had the same point of view on everything wouldn't it?:)

It definitely makes for good debates!

IT does, :)

the only thing I would say with how the op thinks is that it was not just the LIcencing isue "All of my advisors" who interviewed him, not just over the one point... no when he claims that he lied to media about a competitor going bust then .... quite frankly he even addmits then he is a liar... what did LS say .. if your not a liar... hes a liar. Fact = goonight "full of Sh8t". If it was just down to the licence its still proberly enough but he managed to even piss off Margret in 3 seconds....

I dont disagrea for one second he has something going for him but HE IS a liar, even by his own CV claims, at that point he was dead in the water with or withough the Licence thing to cement it.
  • Options
    GlinnyGlinny Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's only a tv programme and Stuart was kept in till the last for entertainment purposes. The production team obviously could see in him the potential for the comedy element and I must admit they got it absolutely right because he made great viewing each week. You just had to watch and wonder what on earth he was going to do and say in each programme.
  • Options
    burnoutbabeburnoutbabe Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    Jepsonarge wrote: »
    I dont disagrea for one second he has something going for him but HE IS a liar, even by his own CV claims, at that point he was dead in the water with or withough the Licence thing to cement it.

but hang on, the application form asked for "what is your biggest lie", were they supposed to lie and say "i never lie"

firing someone for telling a lie, when you have asked them to describe a lie is very strange.

sugar just looked like an idiot out of all of this, and totally irrational in his decisions and thought process. his "angry" firing was just stupid, any number of reasons to send him home, rather than over the wording of the word licence.
  • Options
    Zippy289Zippy289 Posts: 1,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Despite thinking Stuart was full of BS, and finding his arrogant manner irritating, I was shocked by the way LA fired him – “You're full of sh*t!”. Even my wife, who can't stand Stuart, thought it was harsh.

I also expected to hear that Stuart's company might not be doing as well as he'd claimed, yet all they could pick up on was an error in his CV about the licensing status.

Also, if that Viglen guy is so clued up on technology, why did he keep saying that ISP stood for internet service protocol when it actually stands for internet service provider?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    but hang on, the application form asked for "what is your biggest lie", were they supposed to lie and say "i never lie"

firing someone for telling a lie, when you have asked them to describe a lie is very strange.

It's fairly obviously not really about the lie, it is the context and your own business ethics, and your justification

- Why did you don't
    - Was it misleading, breached regulation, was unlawful ?
    - Realisation that it was not a good thing
    - Realisation there is a dividing line between reasonable exaggeration and wilful lying - Emily Maitlis's Donald Trump Docu-view the other week was a good example of this
    - How far you would go to fcuk over a competior today ?
    - If I hired you, how much would you lie to me ?

On the London tour task, "Bagg's, the Brand", was seemingly prepared to do anything........to gain an advantage.
  • Options
    joules22joules22 Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really good point made by OP regarding Lee McQueen. To me that lie on the CV was just as bad if not worse than Stuart's.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree, expected him to be sacked but the manner in which he went was wrong, Sugar ignored any good comments made by his advisors and just let rip, it was nasty.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member

sugar just looked like an idiot out of all of this, and totally irrational in his decisions and thought process. his "angry" firing was just stupid, any number of reasons to send him home, rather than over the wording of the word licence.

I wasn't the wording that bugged him, I recon, its the way he tried to squirm out of it, the way that it is explained to him by his advisor. Its the fact that he could have just been upfront , but instead tried to work a story that the guy saw coming.... he was trying to blag it.

And again? I dont get your point, LS asks him if he is a liar, he claims not, he might well say Im not a liar just after he has shown a few examples of lying by being honest about it but he still proves he is a liar/ full of sh*t, a bull sh*tter,

ITs like saying to LS "I never stole anything to get here", then later say " well I did steel this car, and a small pony" but I was even younger and well Im being honest about it now.
  • Options
    muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jepsonarge wrote: »
    I wasn't the wording that bugged him, I recon, its the way he tried to squirm out of it, the way that it is explained to him by his advisor. Its the fact that he could have just been upfront , but instead tried to work a story that the guy saw coming.... he was trying to blag it.

And again? I dont get your point, LS asks him if he is a liar, he claims not, he might well say Im not a liar just after he has shown a few examples of lying by being honest about it but he still proves he is a liar/ full of sh*t, a bull sh*tter,

ITs like saying to LS "I never stole anything to get here", then later say " well I did steel this car, and a small pony" but I was even younger and well Im being honest about it now.

Only its not a lie. The Brand had everry right to defend himself.

If I said I had owned fully licenced public house then what does that mean?

A - Licenced to sell beers, wines and spirits?
    and
    B - Licenced to sell for consumption in all rooms and in the beer garden?
    and
    C - Licenced for on and off sales?
    and
    D - Licenced for live entertainment?
    and
    E - Licenced for the playing of recorded music?

Only a pedant would argue that fully licenced means all of them where as most people would regard it to mean A or A&B
  • Options
    trollfacetrollface Posts: 13,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AlexCap wrote: »
    My take on last night, http://j.mp/gZpyoQ

You do realise that touting your blog in every post you make is spam and against the rules, don't you?