Options

Strictly Come Dancing 2010 Final Discussion Thread 18th December 2010 7pm and 9:05pm

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    miaviv wrote: »
    showdances a bit underwhelming which is a shame - Kara should get points for being so difficult even though it was a bit disjointed

In fairness, I think she got marked quite generously, and I want her to win.
  • Options
    Chelsea97Chelsea97 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaaah now I get it, the showdance was performed early so that all 3 couples would have the chance to perform it before one of them was eliminated.
  • Options
    hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    showdances a bit underwhelming which is a shame - Kara should get points for being so difficult even though it was a bit disjointed

I agree, I expected so much more from all of them tonight. Pamela's was the nearest to dancing but nothing spectactular. I fear Matt will be out first.
  • Options
    Lizzie8008Lizzie8008 Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be in a minority - but I really hated that dance

Fair enough, I think it's the only showdance i've ever liked!
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    I loved Widdie :D::o

So did I, she saved me from all the overblown egos who could actually dance but were emoting all over the place.:D
  • Options
    fabulistfabulist Posts: 504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lets be honest - Matts routine was terrible and Kara made a few mistakes. Both disappointing. But at least they tried! Pamela's was so safe and boring and what makes it worst, she was still poor! James dragged her around like a sack of spuds and their feet clashed together almost on every turn.
  • Options
    anirose26anirose26 Posts: 1,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It always bugging me,someone enlighten me please. Why Pamela never say thank you to Craig when he appreciates her????:confused::confused::confused:

She seems to thank everyone else,but just starring at Craig whenever he appreciates her,one of the thing made me to dislike her actually.

I used to like her in the beginning and there was something i couldn't warm to her. Eventhough she is not my favourite,i have to say that she always do what she can do and give her best which is more important imo. But in some of her dances,i found her stumbling,today atleast she didn't mess up her showdance.
  • Options
    james_von05james_von05 Posts: 1,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 audience wower from Matt that's enough to win this all!!!!
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »
    james going for songs from patrick swayze films...ghost and dirty dancing....i guess good choices of songs

He's a clever pro. ;)
    Cassie wrote: »
    Safe and cringy again. A 61 year old playing Baby??? Boy do they want her in the final. I'm wretching here.

Okay we get it.
    Dirty Dancing music is already a point ahead before they even start - not fair to give them that music

They all choose their own music for the showdance. James just chose well when it comes to choreography and music.

Pamela was great there and so far should lift that glitter ball.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that they are all good but some better than others, and I think that the judges show definite bias.
  • Options
    ElanElan Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    The showdance is always my favourite bit of the series, what a let down all 3 were. Time of My Life - unbelievable, a nice dance to watch but nothing special at all, and how many times has that idea been used! Matt should either have done something really street and different to enhance the tricks or a lot more dancing, the choreography was a real letdown as loads of the moves felt unfinished.

I want Kartem to win but even found theirs a real disappointment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well the judges had to put her above Kara didn't they :rolleyes:

Of course they did - Pam danced :D

There's a bit of a knack to judging this dancing show you know ;)
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The odds to win are changing and Pam is way off in 3rd.
  • Options
    CamisCamis Posts: 13,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least Pam and James actually danced...I enjoyed it.
  • Options
    nagel84nagel84 Posts: 13,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    katie_p wrote: »
    In fairness it was marginally better than the two dances that came before, and they both got nines.

Well it was the easiest and least ambitious of them (not surprisingly so) but taking everything into account I still thought Kara's, though disappointing by her standards, was the best. It's all a matter of opinion though. :)
  • Options
    Julie JJulie J Posts: 1,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just stuck a few votes in for Mattiona and Kartem :D
  • Options
    fern3fern3 Posts: 1,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doihaveto wrote: »
    So nobody read Pam's diary of the week in today's Daily Mail then? She's having to wear shorter shoes (which are pretty awful, I admit) because she had half a cup of fluid drained from her knee earlier this week, it was damaged in the jive weeks ago.

Good for Pam for not mentioning this, for sympathy votes.
  • Options
    rowdyprincessrowdyprincess Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah no way! She is fav to win.
    I hope your right she deserves it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    What I want (from the series ...)

Matt, Kara, Pamela

What I think will happen on tonights performances so far

Pamela, Matt, Kara
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ridiculous marking.

I thought Kara was the worst - and I'm so disappointed it's unreal.

Matts was rubbish an' all, and Pams was boring and staid and faulty, but better than the others.

I am SO DISAPPOINTED - I thought this final was going to be brilliant.:(

Now we've got the boring VW.:(

I thought Matt was the worst, but not by much, I can't get over what an idiot Artem has been. He hasn't put a foot wrong all series until the most important time the last flippin' dance! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well now I haven't got a clue who will win.
  • Options
    LittleMinx25LittleMinx25 Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prime! wrote: »
    It was better than the Kara's

they had nowhere to go but 10 due to the overmarking of that.

karas 9's for her show dance makes up for all the overmarking that pamela has recieved !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a clever pro. ;)

Okay we get it.

They all choose their own music for the showdance. James just chose well when it comes to choreography and music.

Pamela was great there and so far should lift that glitter ball.

Based on what we've seen so far, I agree.

Really hope that Kara makes it into the next part. I still want her to win.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    RATS! Did anybody take down the phone numbers?
  • Options
    FiercelyHipFiercelyHip Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fabulist wrote: »
    Lets be honest - Matts routine was terrible and Kara made a few mistakes. Both disappointing. But at least they tried! Pamela's was so safe and boring and what makes it worst, she was still poor! James dragged her around like a sack of spuds and their feet clashed together almost on every turn.

I agree with the sentiment really. If only the risks had paid off though.