Options

Matt 'the cardie' Cardle copping Flack for massive lie

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So lying about someone who is dead is OK then?

You are priceless.

Were did Matt lie?

I am still waiting for someone to answer this question!

Anyone?
  • Options
    SelenaSelena Posts: 29,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Their dad left before Sharon died so my friend Ben and his three brothers - twins Tom and Rob and Julian - were taken in by mum"

To any reasonable person that reads like Matt's mum had to take in the children because their dad had left.

Who knows if that is what Matt said or if the NOTW twisted it or if X Factor PR agreed to it being twisted. Or if the quote is correct as the NOTW is not publicly available.

Maybe that's just the way Matt talks? My parents divorced when I was young and if the subject comes up I usually just say my father left when i was __. I'm still in contact with him though.
  • Options
    mamamiamamamia Posts: 2,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hera wrote: »
    Were did Matt lie?

Anyone?

I am waiting too,it's getting cold in here:D
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Selena wrote: »
    But Matt didn't lie. The lies came from the press itself. For example Matt said on live tv on the Xtra Factor that he sang The First Time... at the eldest son's wedding. The Daily Mail reports that Matt said that it was at the funeral which it wasn't. The rest of the media copy this. Thats not Matt's fault. The lie came from the Press not Matt.

Name me any lie that we know first hand that came from Matt? because there is none.

Not that it really matters - the dirt has been thrown and the cries of "there's no smoke without fire" will ring out regardless of what is said in the future. Matt and the Brothers could swear on a stack of bibles and they would still be called liars by some on this forum. The thread about cracking the USA showed exactly how some work on here. :(
  • Options
    Yorkshire.KingYorkshire.King Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, that's my point. If (and that's if) Matt's dad owns a company with a turnover of 32m, he would hardly be living in a house worth a relatively measly 500 grand. Either he doesn't own that company

HE DOESNT OWN THAT COMPANY

That company is Fraser Nash Consultancy with the multi-million pound turnover and over 300 empoyees.

which in 2009 is now a subsidy of Babcock International Group PLC
    1.9 billion a year turnover in 2009 and a Tier 1 contractor to the UK government to the military nuclear industry.

http://www.fnc.co.uk/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babcock_International_Group_plc

Matt Cardle's father runs Frazer Nash ASSOCIATES Ltd

http://www.logisticsleaders.org/congress/panelists.shtml

scroll to the bottom of that webpage and see Matts father.

It seems that Matt, his friends, family and the producers have spun the public a huge yarn about how working class and charitable his family are and duly conned the sympathy vote.

I'm sure that for this reason alone, many people would have voted for matt, and because of that, less votes went to rebecca and the other contestants.

Its about time that the whole voting system was examined and the financial gains were repaid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hera wrote: »
    Were did Matt lie?

Anyone?
    mamamia wrote: »
    I am waiting too,it's getting cold in here:D

Hope you are not holding your breath! You will be an interesting shade of blue by now. :eek:
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BillieA wrote: »
    How about defending Mr Floyd then?
    He has been defended,
    . That is despicable

LOL because I don't give a shite about how I come across or because I think murder is worse than lying?
    I hope no one takes advantage of the death of a member of your family.
    Well I wish they had rather than murdering one of them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diamond1 wrote: »
    This is exactly what Matt said on the subject

at 4.04 ... make of it what you will but it does seem that the papers and the X Factor have put their own embelishments on it unless Matt has done other interviews with them where he's actually said what they printed

http://www.youtube.com/user/2010SEMIFINALS#p/u/110/e3h_He2i7u4

Good find. Exact quote is "my mum kind of took on those kids". Plus you get the teary "that was for Sharon" at the end.

That would not suggest fostering or adoption, but I would say a reasonable person would assume that Matt's mother took a leading role in looking after and bringing up those children in place of their natural mother.

The Sun interviewed Matt at http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/3275170/X-Factor-winner-Matt-Cardle-My-life-of-X-drugs-rock-n-roll.html and said "In fact his main concern is paying back parents Jenny and David, his brother and four foster brothers for the faith they have showed in him."

All very curious...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It seems that Matt, his friends and the producers have spun the public a huge yarn about how working class and charitable his family are and duly conned the votes.

I'm sure many people would have voted for matt, and because of that, less votes went to rebecca and the other contestants.

Its about time that the whole voting system was examined and the financial gains were repaid.

Oh ffs - how ridiculous is this thread getting. We have known for ages that he went to public school. How do you "con" people when the truth is already out there. How have the X Factor tried to show his family that way?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems that Matt, his friends and the producers have spun the public a huge yarn about how working class and charitable his family are and duly conned the votes.

I'm sure many people would have voted for matt, and because of that, less votes went to rebecca and the other contestants.

Matt never claimed to be working class. And he was leading the votes long before this subject was mentioned.

Matt won. He had the votes. Deal with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlueMood wrote: »
    This post has brought tears to my eyes. It's despicable beyond words.

Pretty despicable to consider lying to be worse than murder but that is not my problem. Why should I give a shite about how me buying music of someone not a murderer or child abuser comes accross to anyone?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So lying about someone who is dead is OK then?

You are priceless.

Don't be idiotic. How does saying that murder is worse mean that it is ok:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Yorkshire.KingYorkshire.King Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He stepped out on stage, with the pretence that he was a hard working musician jobbing on sites painting and decorating.

Thats what the public see..

someone who is talented (no doubt he can sing) and deserves a chance.

How many people voted for him because of this?
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt never claimed to be working class. And he was leading the votes long before this subject was mentioned.

Matt won. He had the votes. Deal with it.

Though I must admit I assumed he was a working class tradesman when the show called him a painter and decorator.But that assumption was entirely down to the producers' actions,not Matt's.

And I do agree that it ultimately had no effect on his votes : the story about him going to private boarding school broke weeks ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're embarrassing yourself.

I am not the least embarrassed about pointing out that murder and child molestation is worse than murder. I would be very embarrassed to discover that I had been saying that it was worse
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not as bad as murder or child abuse but it's still bad, if i was a fan and this came out as trye i'd feel cheated and lied to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good find. Exact quote is "my mum kind of took on those kids". Plus you get the teary "that was for Sharon" at the end.

That would not suggest fostering or adoption, but I would say a reasonable person would assume that Matt's mother took a leading role in looking after and bringing up those children in place of their natural mother.

The Sun interviewed Matt at http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/3275170/X-Factor-winner-Matt-Cardle-My-life-of-X-drugs-rock-n-roll.html and said "In fact his main concern is paying back parents Jenny and David, his brother and four foster brothers for the faith they have showed in him."

All very curious...

The Sun isn't using direct quotes from Matt though to be fair. He could have said my Brother and four non brothers or something and it was easier for The Sun to type foster.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chi wrote: »
    Nope :D

I think you might be
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He stepped out on stage, with the pretence that he was a hard working musician jobbing on sites painting and decorating.

Thats what the public see..

someone who is talented (no doubt he can sing) and deserves a chance.

How many people voted for him because of this?

Are you saying that was a lie? That he was not a jobbing musician and that he did a job to pay for recording? Did he really sit at home living off daddies money while the servants prepared his meals and ran his baths? Did he not get paid for performing at all those pubs and clubs?

Please supply some evidence that this was all a pretence.
  • Options
    Candy StoreCandy Store Posts: 5,125
    Forum Member
    neelia wrote: »
    Pretty despicable to consider lying to be worse than murder but that is not my problem. Why should I give a shite about how me buying music of someone not a murderer or child abuser comes accross to anyone?

I don't see where the FM has suggested that lying is worse than murder but if you can't see how low lying about someone who is dead is you have problems.

Also your disdainful and disrespectful way of replying so often asking why you should "give a shite" speaks volumes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member
    eduble wrote: »
    I think you might be
    LOL, in what way? please explain :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eduble wrote: »
    It's not as bad as murder or child abuse but it's still bad, if i was a fan and this came out as trye i'd feel cheated and lied to.

Perhaps but it is hypothetical. I was responding to the daft notion that there was nothing worse.
  • Options
    Candy StoreCandy Store Posts: 5,125
    Forum Member
    The Sun isn't using direct quotes from Matt though to be fair. He could have said my Brother and four non brothers or something and it was easier for The Sun to type foster.

What are the chances? I mean really? Who says "non brothers" or anything of the sort?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

True. But it seems so many of these quotes come from articles based on direct interviews with Matt (or his father). it seems entirely reasonable to think that everything points to there being a very strong bond between the Cardles and the brothers.

If there isn't and things are how the father has said then Matt is a bit of an arse, I'm afraid.

If the father is telling lies and the Cardles played a major role in looking after his children then he is a bit of an arse.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see where the FM has suggested that lying is worse than murder but if you can't see how low lying about someone who is dead is you have problems.

Also your disdainful and disrespectful way of replying so often asking why you should "give a shite" speaks volumes.

Who has lied?

If Matt has, where has he lied? :confused:

I am still waiting for some sort of answer. :D