Options

Strictly Come Dancing 2010 Final Discussion Thread 18th December 2010 7pm and 9:05pm

Comments

• Options
    StuntyStunty Posts: 45,768
    Forum Member
    Clever Len.

All the Kara fans will vote now.

Good thinking Rhumba. ;):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    Can someone explain this rule that Len Is so strict about yet Craig doesn't care coz I'm confused

me too - craig takes a point off for a lift but len doesn't and then they can be 3 marks apart on this?
  • Options
    SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fancynancy wrote: »
    Seven? :confused::confused::confused:

What a prat. :mad:

That might be Kara's saving grace. The perceived injustice might spur voters to vote for Kara!
  • Options
    miavivmiaviv Posts: 3,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Artem is in love, the way he looks at Kara - so sweet. I reckon she's in pain though
  • Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    fancynancy wrote: »
    Seven? :confused::confused::confused:

What a prat. :mad:

They knew that not enough of it was in hold. Len isn't to blame, they are.
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still love Matt though.

All that beauty and talent, and even though it was sort of wasted, still - that VW was gorgeous.
  • Options
    Glitter ClareGlitter Clare Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Can someone explain this rule that Len Is so strict about yet Craig doesn't care coz I'm confused

American smooth has to be 40% in hold and this wasn't so technically Len is right as they did not do the dance properly. He never said it was rubbish, just not done right

I agree with him, loved the dance but wasn't an American Smooth
  • Options
    pilgrim4jpilgrim4j Posts: 6,975
    Forum Member
    Don't worry they don't count tonight :D
    True :D And it might inspire people to vote for her. Doesn't inspire me to vote, but I'm stingy :D
  • Options
    kirstylouise666kirstylouise666 Posts: 6,959
    Forum Member
    Kara's a big girl , I'm sure she can handle a little critisism, unlike some fans
  • Options
    Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    Very disappointing Finals!

I was expecting a lot, I guess!

blame Moira Ross, if you like.:mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Matt and Kara have been my favourites all series and I did expect better from them tonight but still glad they were the final two, regardless who wins.

They have both done much better dances previous weeks though and never got their top marks...
  • Options
    chrisdebagchrisdebag Posts: 102,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What were the final scores overall? I missed it.

140-134 kara
  • Options
    StuntyStunty Posts: 45,768
    Forum Member
    Loved Kara's purple VW dress ...... beautiful and suits her, as does any other outfit she has worn.
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    Judges are being very churlish - how daft will they look if matt wins this.

I don't think it will be the judges who look daft. With Chris there was the excuse he was funny and had a journey and his opposition didn't emote enough. Matt is clearly the weaker in the final and he doesn't act any emotion convincingly. He's not improved much either and watching Widdecombe sleeping or hearing Bruce's worst jokes again is funnier.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member

Its because Len and Craig come from slightly different approaches to dance ...

The rule is that the AS should be 40% in hold so Len is right, and he approaches the competition for a purist ballroom stance

However, Craig and Bruno are much more theatrical in their views and thus are willing to vary their opinions on rules dependant on performance
  • Options
    EllieGEllieG Posts: 108,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Len's only selectively strict - Pamela's Quickstep was over half out of hold yet he gave her a 10.
  • Options
    Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    EllieG wrote: »
    Matt's one?

Where the Wild Roses Grow
    Nick Cave and Kylie

Did a lyric search and found this seems like the words?
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kara hot fav with the bookies to win.
  • Options
    wildbenji64wildbenji64 Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've given in, I'm voting for Kara! :D Every other call is engaged though.
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    me too - craig takes a point off for a lift but len doesn't and then they can be 3 marks apart on this?

The as has to be 40% in hold and Len hates the fact that they don't do 40% in hold, even though he gave them 10s for VW and waltz that should be completely in hold but weren't. ;)
  • Options
    chipsauntchipsaunt Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The best ever dancer never got a 40 such ashame cause kara deserves it !

Shame they still did a lift in the Rumba then, so that Craig felt obliged to mark them down again...

Also, in my view she wasn't the best ever. Alesha was pretty amazing herself.
  • Options
    ForerroRocherForerroRocher Posts: 10,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i know the standard hasn't been as high as we would have hoped, but is anyone else feeling a little emotional that it's the final one?
  • Options
    CassieCassie Posts: 1,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feel sorry for Matt cos he is very good and with a better partner (choreography isn't Aliona's strong point) he would have been unbeatable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kara's a big girl , I'm sure she can handle a little critisism, unlike some fans

Hahahahahahahaha - there's definitely been some melodrama on these boards tonight! :D
  • Options
    BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clever Len.

All the Kara fans will vote now.

Judges think they are sooo clever! Lets finally give Kara her Craig ten so the public know she's better than Matt but get the fans to rally by ruining it with a seven! So transparent!

Oh I don't care who wins they both deserve it but the judges have truly ruined this final! It's actually upset me rather than made me mad, just wish they would get behind the finalists. It's not like they lost the only good dancer!