Options

Strictly Come Dancing 2010 Final Discussion Thread 18th December 2010 7pm and 9:05pm

Comments

• Options
    fern3fern3 Posts: 1,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shinny04 wrote: »
    Oh, sure Artem is a friend, just wait to see where they'll both be tonight :D

Sitting in A&E for about 4 hours, I guess!
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't see it myself.

The judges engineered that win with their comments. Kara's performances were riddled with errors tonight and she was trailing Matt hugely going into the last two dances but they didn't want Matt to win as he's not going to be on the tour, despite still being billed in the adverts.

And your proof? :confused:
  • Options
    Shinny04Shinny04 Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The judges engineered that win with their comments. Kara's performances were riddled with errors tonight and she was trailing Matt hugely going into the last two dances but they didn't want Matt to win as he's not going to be on the tour, despite still being billed in the adverts.

Oh, so that explains it. A bit of a piss poor excuse to help Kara to win the competition, which she shouldn't have at all. Reality shows are becoming so predictable now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Very happy with the result. Pamela was my favourite but Kara is clearly a very lovely girl bless her heart.
  • Options
    friendlyguy2friendlyguy2 Posts: 4,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How could Kara have been traling Matt from earlier tonight given how good her Rhumba was? Over the series she has been the best dancer there can be no argument about that and if it had been judges votes influencing tonight's result Pamela would have won not Kara.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With any other female Pro Matt would have walked it as he has a raw talent however Aliona wanted to be too much of a daredevil. If only there was a female Artem as he has been wonderful in bringing out the talent in Kara.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    I don't think it's fair to say that the judges engineered the win...Kara is a beautiful dancer and has looked like a pro in many of her dances.I think she is a very deserving winner.
  • Options
    StuntyStunty Posts: 45,863
    Forum Member
    Nice of Matt to say he'd have voted for her.

Loved Matt being so gracious. :)

Kara and Artem have been the most consistent all series.

Artem was too cute when he always stood back and applauded Kara ..... he really does admire her, and has rather a soft spot for her too. Bless him.
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fern3 wrote: »
    Sitting in A&E for about 4 hours, I guess!

Not in London in the snow they won't . They'll be lucky to see a doctor in NHS hospital by 8am.

But I presume, being serious, that they'll call someone out to her, but I guess with painkillers and booze after winning she won't be feeling much pain. ;)
  • Options
    Shinny04Shinny04 Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stunty wrote: »
    Loved Matt being so gracious. :)

Kara and Artem have been the most consistent all series.

Artem was too cute when he always stood back and applauded Kara ..... he really does admire her, and has rather a soft spot for her. Bless him.

Shame she doesn't give a crap about him though!
  • Options
    RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats to Kara and Artem. Very well deserved. Matt was great as well.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did Matt have an unfair advantage going first and therefore had more time for people to vote for him during his dances after voting had started, both times?

Hasn't this happened before with a BBC employee in the final?
  • Options
    water_carrierwater_carrier Posts: 1,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations to Kara and Artem. Worthy winners. :D

Although my favourites, Pamela and James, were knocked out I was very happy to see Kara to hold the glitterball, for Artem's sake. He has created fantastic routines every week throughout this series. He is very gracious, extremely humble and showcased his partner's strengths.

Sadly I think Aliona's choreography lost Matt the competition. He was a very competent and able dancer and probably one of the best male dancers Strictly has had.

A very enjoyable final with all the competitors of equal talent.
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish you all the happiest of Christmases and a happy healthy and snow free New Year.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    Well done to both Kara and Matt. Both very worthy finalists.

Shame this thread had to end with with a few people being so bitter!

I'm a Kara fan but would still have congratulated Matt if he had won!

both were worthy finalists

happy with the result, even though i wanted matt to win

bitterness doesnt belong in SCD
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katie_p wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr4yIWiV7Oo

Darren wasn't a particularly capable latin dancer, but Lilia got him doing something the crowds enjoyed (at the time). Aliona has had a lot more to work with but for me has achieved a lot less.

Completely agree :) I think the real test of a pro is their ability to choreograph to their partners strengths, Lilia is particularly clever at this !
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was pleased that Mat and Kara were the two finalists. Well done to both of them for their dancing and to Matt for being a gracious gentleman. Congratulations, Kara.
    :)
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad some fans are actually showing some fairness and being kind to both couples. To those who are still slagging things off - it's just a shame.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stu2308 wrote: »
    Well, whilst I agree that I enjoyed Matt more tonight and I thought tonight was a poor one for Kara, and I wanted Matt to win; I cannot agree that Kara is grating or Artem odd and difficullt to like .... but even if this was the case, surely that shouldnt be part of the decision making process - SCD should surely be about dancing and performance

She is a deserving winner and the runner up was equally good

Um, well we'll see what happend backstage about the pulled muscle in her arm from showdance injury. The physio must have been quite brutal to free the arm up.
  • Options
    LoobyLouThe1stLoobyLouThe1st Posts: 184
    Forum Member

And you know this how? You a personal friend of her's?

Maybe she does, and maybe she doesn't but I hardly think you are in the know
  • Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really dispappointed at the nastiness on here tonight:(

Matt was very gracious at the end.
    Pamela really did herself justice.
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best series of Strictly ever. Really enjoyed this series.
  • Options
    diyqueendiyqueen Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Who the hell are you to say that

How do you know what she feels or doesn't feel
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done to Kara and Artem: my favourite couple on this show ever!

Matt was gracious in defeat.
  • Options
    friendlyguy2friendlyguy2 Posts: 4,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smileycat wrote: »
    With any other female Pro Matt would have walked it as he has a raw talent however Aliona wanted to be too much of a daredevil. If only there was a female Artem as he has been wonderful in bringing out the talent in Kara.

He might have had a better chance had their showdance been better.