Consolidated ratings for ITV1's Coronation Street fest last week are out:

Monday (19:30) - 13.03m
    Monday (20:30) - 14.75m
    Tuesday (20:30) - 13.09m
    Wednesday (19:00) - 12.60m
    Thursday (20:00 - Live Episode) - 14.72m
    Friday (19:30) - 13.17m
    Friday (20:30) - 13.45m

So the tram crash episode had more viewers than the live episode. A great week overall for them.
    Corrie managed some huge time shifts. Nearly 2 million for the tram crash episode, but only 700,000 for the live episode. Nearly 2 million behind EastEnders final rating for their live episode.
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Will be watching those 3 and might give Come fly with me ago

I don't think EastEnders will be the most watched show of the day though and think either Dr who or Come fly with me will be

EastEnders is a Christmas tradition for many though even some 'stars' over the past few weeks have been saying this aswell as alot of casual viewers
    I don't think Come Fly With Me will be the highest rated due to its timeslot. Programmes that late are very rarely the highest rated of the day.
  • Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I notice we've had no National Grid or Twitter updates tonight - as we usually get when ITV is expected to deliver a big audience. :rolleyes:

Calls to the defrost a pensioner helpline were up 6,000% yesterday so this is a good sign. ;)

I seriously think SCD is going to beat X factor due to the weather and ITV1 giving them a free run last night. Anything less than a 20m peak for the BBC is going to be a serious disappointment in light of the extreme circumstances.
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    Calls to the defrost a pensioner helpline were up 6,000% yesterday so this is a good sign. ;)

I seriously think SCD is going to beat X factor due to the weather and ITV1 giving them a free run last night. Anything less than a 20m peak for the BBC is going to be a serious disappointment in light of the extreme circumstances.
    Robbie? Is that you?

:D

K
  • Options
    RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »

Slight problem is that so many millions of people were desperately trying to get home last night in time for Strictly that they got stuck on the frozen motorways.

I'd be surprised if it clears 10m for either instalment. :D

I don't expect anything too seismic. Yes, a snow day is proven to boost ratings, but only a million here or there.

We will see nothing earth shattering, and Cowell and his disciples can rest easy.
  • Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slight problem is that so many millions of people were desperately trying to get home last night in time for Strictly that they got stuck on the frozen motorways.

yes there are reports of thousands of drivers on the M25 who are down to their last set of sequins. the RAF may have to drop relief supplies from the air.

anything under 20m is going to be a disaster. I hope the BBC have a fall guy ready ;)
  • Options
    iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deleted
  • Options
    rztrzt Posts: 21,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saturday 18th December Overnights
    BBC One (inc. HD)
    17:10- BBC News: 5.50m (25.5%)
    17:30- Celebrity Total Wipeout: 5.51m (24.1%)
    18:30- The Impressions Show: 5.65m (22.9%)
    19:00- Strictly Come Dancing: 12.97m (45.8%)
    * peak: 14.47m (50.7%) at 19:55
    20:00- The National Lottery Saturday Draws: 8.24m (31.1%)
    20:15- Casualty: 6.76m (25.2%)
    21:05- Strictly Come Dancing: 13.08m (47.6%)
    * peak: 14.10m (51.7%) at 21:55
    * most watched SCD episode ever
    * up 2.7m (+26%) vs. last year's final
    22:05- BBC News: 9.43m (38.4%)
    22:25- Match of the Day: 3.56m (19.2%)

ITV1 (inc HD)
    18:00- Family Film of the Decade: 3.04m (12.7%)
    19:00- The Cube: Celebrity Special: 3.77m (13.3%)
    20:00- Take Me Out: 4.66m (17.3%)
    21:15- Bridget Jones' Diary: 2.07m (8.8%)

Channel 4 (inc. HD)
    22:05- The Million Pound Drop Live: 1.76m (9.1%)
    * peak: 2.13m (13.6%)

Thanks to MattJ for the ratings
    Fantastic evening overall for BBC1 - eight programmes over 5m! A record high audience for SCD which rounds off a series which averaged 10.5m (41%) in the overnights - absolutely fantastic and up 2m compared to last year. Some big boosts for programmes around SCD such as the Lottery, BBC News, Impressions Show, Wipeout. Although it's its highest rating in ages, I think Casualty underperformed slightly.

Pretty bad night for ITV1 - they didn't hold up anywhere near as well as BBC1 did last weekend. Only Take Me Out did okay (its 4th best rating so far). Bridget Jones' Diary, in particular, flopped badly. Million Pound Drop recovered after its poor ratings the previous 2 days, though not back to series 1/2 levels. It might've beaten ITV in its slot.
  • Options
    garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    Great SCD figures.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bang on in terms of my expectations, the 7pm show doing a touch better than I thought.

Record ratings for SCD - its best ever season. Well deserved.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant ratings there for Strictly. 7pm doing better than expected in my view, with not much of a rise between the two shows. :eek: at some of the other BBC1 ratings, especially Impressions Show and Casualty. And BBC News?! :eek: That'll be in the top 10/15 in the officials for the year! Most watched News bulletin of the year.

Slightly surprised Strictly's 2nd episode peak is 0.5m less than the first episode, but nevertheless great ratings.

Ouch at ITV. Thought The Cube would have held up a bit better with over 4m, while Bridget Jones flopped. Take Me Out did alright, but its good lead-in from last week quickly went.
  • Options
    garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    :eek: Figures for the Lottery and Casualty too surely the best for a while?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC1 should have aired a brand new Total Wipeout special 6-7pm IMO. The audience was there.

I'm not in the slightest bit surprised about Lotto and Casualty. In fact, I had hoped Casualty might clear 7m.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What did BGT end up with the in the official chart - 13.5m?

Will be close, but SCD might just shade it.

BTW, are these tape-checked overnights? SCD was off air at 10.02pm last night by my reckoning.
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    garyessex wrote: »

Definitely - looking at BARB, I can see that it's Casualty's first 6 million + figure since May.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BTW, are these tape-checked overnights? SCD was off air at 10.02pm last night by my reckoning.
    Full slot ratings. The tape-checked rating for SCD would've been 21:05-22:05 anyway, as it finished slightly after 22:02:30.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rzt wrote: »
    BBC One (inc. HD)
    21:05- Strictly Come Dancing: 13.08m (47.6%)
    * peak: 14.10m (51.7%) at 21:55
    * up 2.7m (+26%) vs. last year's final

How does that 26% year on year increase compare with The X Factor Final?

I don't keep tabs much on year-on-year performances... ;)
  • Options
    soupnazisoupnazi Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SCD will never better that; 1m of those viewers won't survive the winter
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How does that 26% year on year increase compare with The X Factor Final?

I don't keep tabs much on year-on-year performances... ;)
    TXF final was up 11% year on year. But TXF's comparison was to last year's final which was the highest ever at the time. SCD's final last year was the lowest rated final in years which helps make the y-o-y growth look better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV1 (inc HD)
    18:00- Family Film of the Decade: 3.04m (12.7%)
    21:15- Bridget Jones' Diary: 2.07m (8.8%)

That really does put BBC1's achievements last weekend into context. Against audiences of 15-18m on ITV1, BBC1's repeats and also-rans held up at 4-5m comfortably.

Last night, ITV1 collapsed!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,980
    Forum Member
    Friday-more stunning performances from Corrie-those sort of figures on the Friday before christmas are great, although it was the reveal to the biggest storyline of 2009/10. With more packed episodes on a regular basis now I can see Corrie maintaining this momentum.

I can't see why The Mentalist suddenly jumps almost 1m viewers-very, very strange for a show on Ch5. Good news though, back up to where it should be.

Saturday-Incredible night for BBC1. Huge audience for SCD, which in turn boosted everything else. Casualty up around 2.5m on how it's been performing lately and over 9m for BBC News!:eek:

ITV1 was hit hard as expected when SCD was on, but The Cube still did better than the JLS special last week, which was pre XF material. TMO did OK and when it's around better rating shows in Janaury it should be rating at a consistent 5m.
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    soupnazi wrote: »
    SCD will never better that; 1m of those viewers won't survive the winter

A bit like Coronation Street then;) http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/2643065/1000-old-Coronation-Street-fans-die-each-week.html
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member

Poor for The Cube when you consider the Celeb Total wipeout special repeat got 4m against the X factor last week.

Thanks for posting rzt once again. I'm heading away today for Christmas, so Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone on the thread:).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    garyessex wrote: »

It's the best lottery figures for this year. The previous best was an episode of In It to Win It, airing on 20 February 2010. They had 6.8 million but that was a 50 minute show.

As for Total Wipeout, 5.5 million for a repeat :eek: I know people slag it off on here but it can still pull the numbers.

Not surprised with The Cube but how many actually recorded it at 7pm and watched it at 8pm when Lottery/Casualty was on?
  • Options
    NorfolkBirdNorfolkBird Posts: 2,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Granted Casualty was sandwiched between SCD, but it just goes to show when not up against X Factor it can still pull in figures that a lot of other drama series can only dream of. No way is it really for the scrap yard yet.
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic for Strictly - I predicted 12.9m and 13.2m on the RPG so it performed completely in line with my expectations (although annoyingly I was 0.1m out on both!), so a brilliant pair of ratings top off an incredible year for it. BBC1 also dd really well around it, especially with Wipeout, Impressions and the News, although I have to agree that Casualty underperformed a bit, and it's a shadow of it's former self.

As for ITV, the less said about Bridget Jones the better. Family Film of The Decade did OK for the filler it was, whilst I don't think The Cube did that badly. 3.8m is low but it was against SCD for the whole show and there was no X Factor around to boost it. I suspect it'll be back at ~5m for the New Year special. Comparing it to Wipeout last week isn't really fair as that had a Strictly lead-in. TMO did pretty well considering what it was surrounded by and the night BBC1 had. I suspect it took a bit of the shine off Casualty's rating and it bodes well for it to get 5m+ in the New Year with less competition and with a stronger lead-in. MPD did pretty well considering it ran until 11:25pm.

Last night was BBC1's night and tonight will be too, and as it's Christmas fortnight, I think some predictions are in order:

Sports Personality: 6.7m (pk 9.1m)
    The Apprentice (2hrs): 8.3m (pk 9.8m)

Harry Potter: 4.3m (pk 4.8m)
    Suchet: 3.8m (pk 4.1m)
This discussion has been closed.