Options

BBC News "Black Culture"

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 566
Forum Member
✭✭
Some will say the BBC are just getting "with the times" or trying to be more "politically correct" with their standardisation of Black/Ethnic Presenters, but lets face it. Race aside, they simply cannot do the job they are paid to do. Eno Eruotor of Northwest Tonight especially, who is supposedly a trained Meteorologist. Yet presents herself in a way that has nothing to do with the weather at all.

Would people prefer the BBC to be getting these presenters from the "ghettos" simply to fill the racial equality checklist, who have absolutely no idea about the job in-hand. Or a person from a more Educated upbringing (dare i say it a White person) who has actual education, and fluential English. Setting the BBC Flagship standards once more.

Comments

• Options
    currykevcurrykev Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fancy a fight? ***

***custard pies only.
  • Options
    doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    Since the Greg Dyke "hideously white" comment the majority of new newsreaders and weather presenters have been minorities due to the BBC having a positive discrimination programme.
  • Options
    Caligula75Caligula75 Posts: 1,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he's a trained Meteorologist isn't he educated?

I find your use of the word 'ghettos' - implying that anyone who is not white must live in a ghetto - quite offensive.

But hey - Tis the season to be jolly so you have yourself a Merry Christmas and try to put aside your racial prejudices until at least the New Year.
  • Options
    calatheacalathea Posts: 780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Couldn't give toss what colour the person that tells me what's been going on in the world or how much snow is coming down tommorrow, and cannot understand why anyone does..
  • Options
    doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    calathea wrote: »
    Couldn't give toss what colour the person that tells me what's been going on in the world or how much snow is coming down tommorrow, and cannot understand why anyone does..

Agreed but the BBC does hence the "positive" discrimination policy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Positive discrimination' is such a hypocritical agenda. Discrimination can never be 'positive'. Candidates should always be assessed purely on their ability and not on the colour of their skin.
  • Options
    calatheacalathea Posts: 780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got a single bit of credible evidence for that though?
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    red_outlaw wrote: »
    There is no such thing as positive discrimination. Candidates should always be assessed purely on their ability and not on the colour of their skin.

It doesn't help to be even slightly "cosmetically challenged" though, does it?

Or is that there are very few that are on "The Weather Show!" just another coincidence?
  • Options
    Dai ClustDai Clust Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    11:11 wrote: »
    , fluential English. .

Yes I agree everyone should be FLUENTIAL in English
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It doesn't help to be even slightly "cosmetically challenged" though, does it?

Or is that there are very few that are on "The Weather Show!" just another coincidence?

I don't follow. Who's ''cosmetically challenged''? Sorry if I'm missing an obvious point.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some will say the BBC are just getting "with the times" or trying to be more "politically correct" with their standardisation of Black/Ethnic Presenters, but lets face it. Race aside, they simply cannot do the job they are paid to do. Eno Eruotor of Northwest Tonight especially, who is supposedly a trained Meteorologist. Yet presents herself in a way that has nothing to do with the weather at all.

Would people prefer the BBC to be getting these presenters from the "ghettos" simply to fill the racial equality checklist, who have absolutely no idea about the job in-hand. Or a person from a more Educated upbringing (dare i say it a White person) who has actual education, and fluential English. Setting the BBC Flagship standards once more.

This post is full of fail. :sleep:
  • Options
    spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ......is ANYTHING the bbc does EVER right ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    red_outlaw wrote: »
    I don't follow. Who's ''cosmetically challenged''? Sorry if I'm missing an obvious point.

That's my point, there ain't any that I've seen, but there might be someone who'd want to argue that there are.
  • Options
    late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member

Eno Eruotor is not a trained Meteorologist. She did fashion.

It has been thrown around DS a lot that this particular presenter is classic ethnic quota. Her presentation and dialect is appalling at best, makes you wonder how she was chosen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spiney2 wrote: »
    ......is ANYTHING the bbc does EVER right ?

Yes they do plenty of things right and I always say when they do. But there's a few on here who won't have it that they ever do anything wrong.
  • Options
    MSBMSB Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lets see:
    • fashion designer (for Trinny and Susannah, no less)
    • website administrator
    • autocue operator
    • weather presenter

You're right, she's uneducated :rolleyes:

Racist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    late8 wrote: »

It has been thrown around DS a lot that this particular presenter is classic ethnic quota. Her presentation and dialect is appalling at best, makes you wonder how she was chosen.

She'd be unflatteringly described as a "twofer" in the US television industry, as she'd satisfy the requirements for two different quotas.
  • Options
    chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    actual education, and fluential English. Setting the BBC Flagship standards once more.

Fluential English?
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    late8 wrote: »

So you'd rather go back to the days when newsreader and weather presenter spoke with an RP accent??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    Fluential = more fluent

It is an acual word so you can all stop mocking the OP right now.

Mind you it applies to fluids in streams......

Naah

Mock away.

Why does a weather presenter have to be a meteorologist? I encounter Eno more on her little spots with Radio Merseyside's presenters and she has good rapport with them.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes they do plenty of things right and I always say when they do. But there's a few on here who won't have it that they ever do anything wrong.

There's even more who won't have it that they do anything right
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

THis post is from the 1980's.

Now where do I collect my £5 prize??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matty_D wrote: »
    Fluential = more fluent

It is an acual word so you can all stop mocking the OP right now.

Mind you it applies to fluids in streams......

Naah

Mock away.

Why does a weather presenter have to be a meteorologist? I encounter Eno more on her little spots with Radio Merseyside's presenters and she has good rapport with them.

I got the impression most of the ITV weather presenters arent meteorologists... I think the phwoooaaarrr factor has a bigger part in casting over there!;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caligula75 wrote: »
    If he's a trained Meteorologist isn't he educated?

I find your use of the word 'ghettos' - implying that anyone who is not white must live in a ghetto - quite offensive.

But hey - Tis the season to be jolly so you have yourself a Merry Christmas and try to put aside your racial prejudices until at least the New Year.

Christmas is the season when we celebrate the life of a dark skinned foreigner (Middle eastern no less!) of a different religion..... must be a bitch to some!;)
  • Options
    Ghost WorldGhost World Posts: 7,036
    Forum Member
    boddism wrote: »
    Christmas is the season when we celebrate the life of a dark skinned foreigner (Middle eastern no less!) of a different religion..... must be a bitch to some!;)
    Do you have a single shred of evidence to support to claim that Father Christmas is from the Middle East?