Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BillieA wrote: »

Mr Foster?

sorry ... Mr Floyd .. I'd forgotten his name already :o:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member
    Ah ah, it's so confusing. I don't even know what evil crime he is accused of any more, or who accuses him of what.

I doubt that anyone knows, he is just being evil because he breathes. That's fair, isn't it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody who has any dealings with the press will know how they can take the actual words that you say and make them into something completely different. I am sure that can be applied to both sides in this story.

Mr Floyd was probably reacting to something he read that wasn't said in the way it had been interpreted in the media and what he said was in turn misrepresented leading to unnecessary hurt and anger which could have probably been avoided if he had spoken about his concerns directly with Matt and his family rather than going to the Mail to sort out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member
    vidalia wrote: »
    Anybody who has any dealings with the press will know how they can take the actual words that you say and make them into something completely different. I am sure that can be applied to both sides in this story.

Mr Floyd was probably reacting to something he read that wasn't said in the way it had been interpreted in the media and what he said was in turn misrepresented leading to unnecessary hurt and anger which could have probably been avoided if he had spoken about his concerns directly with Matt and his family rather than going to the Mail to sort out.
    Makes sense :)
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MsPublic wrote: »
    Pmsl@ people spinning in ever decreasing circles for 39 pages.

Think someone should be scouring the tabloids for the next bit of gossip tbh.

Matt told his side. Mr Floyd told his side. Nobody is any nearer knowing who told the truth, and since none of us were there or know any of these people its doubtful we ever will be. We will all believe Matt if we like him. Those who don't will believe the other guy. Its that simple.Everyone is in danger on this thread of constantly repeating themselves now.
    Sorry but it isn't that simple :) The story seems full of holes to me and I tend not to beleive negative stuff because it is in the tabliods whether I like the person or not. If you did a bit of find and replace Matt's name etc for any of the others I wouldn't beleive it, even of Wagner (whom I don't like). I might wonder a bit longer re Katie as she comes accross so desparate for approval but even then I can't see her being that daft.
    that may well be Mr Floyd's concern but that wasn't the DM's position. They painted Matt's whole family as lyers who had only a very small involvement in the brothers lives which is clearly a gross misrepresentation of the facts. Mr Floyd said he hadn't seen Matt since he was 11 and yet Matt sang at this son's wedding - either Mr Floyd is lying or he wasn't at his own son's wedding.

I actually feel sorry for him. I think he has a genuine grievance in that a 2 minute story has been blown up by the press and in the process Mr Floyd appeared to have been airbrushed from his son's lives. If he had just come out and said - actually 3 of them lived with me - but obviously they are close to the Cardles - it would have been fine. I strongly suspect the DM of encouraging him to go further (as the truth is not a very interesting story) and he fell for it in order to get his story across. The paper may have even made up the more sensational claims - who knows but it seems pretty clear to me that the DM are, once again the villans here
    This is in line with what I think as well, He was worried that it looked like he had neglected his sons and wanted to put the record straight. The DM will have presented it all in the most sensational light.
    exactly and let's not forget the hilarious story that had Cher in the canteen drinking coke when Matt won - despite the fact that she was on the stage the whole time
    :D and yet there are people who will beleive it
    NoahsAark wrote: »
    I don't remember hearing Matt say at any time that they had been fostered/adopted. The words he used were 'they became part of the family' ....

If the press then choose to use the words fostered/adopted - it doesn't make it fact that Matt or his family said such a thing

indeed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe Matt. For the simple reason, besides being a fan, I don't think anyone would be silly enough to lie on national tv in front of millions of people knowing he would obviously be found out.

The fact the brothers are backing Matt's story. The fact this chap was nowhere to be seen till after Matt had won. And the fact that the press have cleverly played on words to try and create a scandal.

All I remember is Matt telling us the song meant a lot to him as he had sung it at one of the boys weddings, and after their mum died he felt like they were his brothers.

He never tried to diss their father, just told why a song meant a lot to him.

That, I'm afraid, is a simple fact.

Twist it how you will, point the finger as much as you like, but no one here is a bad guy. Maybe the way the Daily Mail has reported it and spun it has made the boys father percieve it as something it wasn't.

But we can debate it till the cows come home.

End of the day, anyone who dislikes Matt will claim Mr Floyd is the one telling the whole truth, simply because its human nature to believe someone who is opposing a person you happen to dislike.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe Matt. For the simple reason, besides being a fan, I don't think anyone would be silly enough to lie on national tv in front of millions of people knowing he would obviously be found out.

The fact the brothers are backing Matt's story. The fact this chap was nowhere to be seen till after Matt had won. And the fact that the press have cleverly played on words to try and create a scandal.

All I remember is Matt telling us the song meant a lot to him as he had sung it at one of the boys weddings, and after their mum died he felt like they were his brothers.

He never tried to diss their father, just told why a song meant a lot to him.

That, I'm afraid, is a simple fact.

Twist it how you will, point the finger as much as you like, but no one here is a bad guy. Maybe the way the Daily Mail has reported it and spun it has made the boys father percieve it as something it wasn't.

But we can debate it till the cows come home.

End of the day, anyone who dislikes Matt will claim Mr Floyd is the one telling the whole truth, simply because its human nature to believe someone who is opposing a person you happen to dislike.

Again I disagree. You have to have to be an unfair minded person to beleive someone just because they are opposing someone you happen to dislike. It is human nature to want to beleive them or hope that what they are saying is true depending on what is being claimed.
    You have even said yourself that
    I believe Matt.For the simple reason, besides being a fan, I don't think anyone would be silly enough to lie on national tv in front of millions of people knowing he would obviously be found out
    That reason would surely still apply even if you didn't like him
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neelia wrote: »
    Again I disagree. You have to have to be an unfair minded person to beleive someone just because they are opposing someone you happen to dislike. It is human nature to want to beleive them or hope that what they are saying is true depending on what is being claimed.
    You have even said yourself that

That reason would surely still apply even if you didn't like him

Which is precisely why I said BESIDES being a fan.

If I wasn't, I'm a reasonable enough person to have the sense to figure out he would have been silly to lie.

But it is human nature to believe anyone who denegrates someone they dislike.

Its not a hard and fast rule and not all people are the same, but in general terms, it will happen.
  • Options
    Candy StoreCandy Store Posts: 5,125
    Forum Member

He wouldn't be the first.
  • Options
    Danny_GirlDanny_Girl Posts: 2,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A very strange story.

What appears to be a mutually exclusive situation based on what we currently know i.e. to believe one side you have to accept that the other side is telling huge porkies.

Can't see why the 'other' side would be lying. Why would Matt or Mr Floyd put into the public domain such a hugh fabrication of the truth that could be so easily disproved? Both sides have so much to lose by being exposed as downright liers.

Neither side appear over the last few days to have backed down significantly as to shed any clear light on who is telling the truth.

At the end of the day Matts version was out there first so IMO it is up to Mr Floyd to disprove it. He has said (allegedly) that he is consulting lawers so we can only assume that if he has as sound a case as he has maintained i.e. kids were only school friends years ago, no contact within the families since, this should a reasonably easy case to prove. Therefore, I'll await his court case to decide who is telling the truth. Without it we can only assume that what Matt has said is accurate within the terms of the law.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,950
    Forum Member
    Danny_Girl wrote: »
    A very strange story.

What appears to be a mutually exclusive situation based on what we currently know i.e. to believe one side you have to accept that the other side is telling huge porkies.

Can't see why the 'other' side would be lying. Why would Matt or Mr Floyd put into the public domain such a hugh fabrication of the truth that could be so easily disproved? Both sides have so much to lose by being exposed as downright liers.

Neither side appear over the last few days to have backed down significantly as to shed any clear light on who is telling the truth.

At the end of the day Matts version was out there first so IMO it is up to Mr Floyd to disprove it. He has said (allegedly) that he is consulting lawers so we can only assume that if he has as sound a case as he has maintained i.e. kids were only school friends years ago, no contact within the families since, this should a reasonably easy case to prove. Therefore, I'll await his court case to decide who is telling the truth. Without it we can only assume that what Matt has said is accurate within the terms of the law.

If he takes legal action he'll only be hurting his kids and do more damage to an already shaky relationship with them. I wouldn't want to be spending Christmas at the Floyds this year, awkward :o
  • Options
    RupertPupkinRupertPupkin Posts: 1,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danny_Girl wrote: »
    A very strange story.

I'm gonna take a wild guess here and say: you're not a lawyer are you? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So anything new regarding this story?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eduble wrote: »
    So anything new regarding this story?

Seems not. Same shite different day.....:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,134
    Forum Member
    Hello:)

The first sign of waning interest after 'liar, liar, pants on fire-gate'?:
  • Options
    NoahsAarkNoahsAark Posts: 30,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Probably more to do with the ridiculous short notice they gave for the signing ... and the weather. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well, it was alluded to in that story by a completely impartial friend of Matt's (probably an old school friend stood outside in a top hat, burping and quaffing champers) but before the Matt hoardes arrive to force the point home, I'm gonna pull the weather card on behalf of Matt.

People do not go out to meet their idols in cold weather conditions. That's a fact! Even Stalin had trouble pulling a crowd once temperatures in Red Square hit -55.

Just wait till summer when Matt releases his Batchellor Boy cover (re-titled 'Soon You'll Be A') and watch the whole country go bonkers. You'll see.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,134
    Forum Member
    People do not go out to meet their idols in cold weather conditions. That's a fact!.
    NoahsAark wrote: »
    Probably more to do with the ridiculous short notice they gave for the signing ... and the weather. :cool:

I have to enact the One Direction principle here.

They had thousands out for them.

No books to sign, admittedly.

But if they were to crayon a autobiographical colouring book, thousands would come.
  • Options
    mamamiamamamia Posts: 2,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering the weather and time of year I would say 200 people turning up is pretty well done! People are really scraping the barrel with their tell tales now,lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mamamia wrote: »
    Considering the weather and time of year I would say 200 people turning up is pretty well done! People are really scraping the barrel with their tell tales now,lol

Not really very good for central London (if the Mirror report is true...). If they'd have dressed Matt up as Santa and kept quiet about it being Matt, they'd have got around double that number of people turning up, I reckon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mamamia wrote: »

Using the phrase 'tell tales' on a Matt thread is ill-advised. Please think more carefully in future. There are already enough haters on here. We don't want our own inadvertently bringing things down from within. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really very good for central London (if the Mirror report is true...). If they'd have dressed Matt up as Santa and kept quiet about it being Matt, they'd have got around double that number of people turning up, I reckon.

Yes, being Christmas week, I'd say there must've been several hundred in the shop anyway. It's really not looking good for Matt. He needs to start telling the truth about stuff :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, being Christmas week, I'd say there must've been several hundred in the shop anyway. It's really not looking good for Matt. He needs to start telling the truth about stuff :(

Oh I think that there are a hell of a lot of people well before Matt in the queue of "needing to start telling the truth about stuff" and I don't see why Matt would be even in it,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh come on!! Just look at that Mirror link - petty, ignorant media - just 5 people showing - as though that was it???? Some will look at the headline, see the picture and not bother to read the article, how damming is that? Just shows how manipulative the Mirror really is - bar-stewards! :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neelia wrote: »
    Oh I think that there are a hell of a lot of people well before Matt in the queue of "needing to start telling the truth about stuff" and I don't see why Matt would be even in it,

No. I've just checked the queue. There's Richard Nixon at the front, Pinnochio is close behind him and then there's Matt. They're the top three as things stand but I reckon Matt would be higher if it wasn't for the inclement weather as of the two ahead of him, one is dead and the other is made of wood. So, our boy's doing real good :D