Options

Couples where the woman drives?

tongs ya basstongs ya bass Posts: 731
Forum Member
✭✭
Would you think it funny if you knew a couple and the woman always drove?

ie the bloke (who can drive) sits in the passenger seat?

Comments

• Options
    GirthGirth Posts: 12,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

My mrs mostly drives. It's her car, after all. And it means I often get to have a drink when we go out.
  • Options
    queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My brother, who can drive but doesn't as he's not very confident on the road, so his wife does.

What's so weird about that?
  • Options
    cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm more than happy to let my wife drive.
  • Options
    PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would that be funny? :confused: Are car passenger seats ergonomically designed only for women?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    My husband drives a bus and prefers not to drive if we go anywhere together so I almost always do. I prefer this as I get travel sick very easily.
  • Options
    AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would it be 'funny'? If we're going out in one of my cars then I drive, if we're going to be using her car then she drives.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    queenshaks wrote: »
    My brother, who can drive but doesn't as he's not very confident on the road, so his wife does.

What's so weird about that?

sorry that is weird
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sorry that is weird

Yeah ok!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loubychew wrote: »
    My husband drives a bus and prefers not to drive if we go anywhere together so I almost always do. I prefer this as I get travel sick very easily.

makes perfect sense
  • Options
    PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sorry that is weird

What's weird to one (you) is perfectly ordinary in the rest of the country. Would it be hilariously funny if the man always drove and the woman used the passenger seat, or are we only sexist in one direction?
  • Options
    Mrs de WinterMrs de Winter Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My boyfriend drives most of the time when the two of us are going somewhere together.

He's an awful passenger and prefers to be driving. I don't really like driving when I don't have to. His car is nicer too :)

Nothing weird about couples who do it the other way round though!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member
    My mum can drive but my dad can't so she always drives (although we don't have a car anymore, we hire one sometimes).

I never thought anything about it.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does it really matter?? :confused:
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We split the driving 50:50. I drive to the pub, she drives home :D
  • Options
    Bom Diddly WoBom Diddly Wo Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The very idea. A woman in charge of the vehicle when there is a capable man there to do it. Absurd.

When in a couple the woman should only drive in emergencies. The woman can drive on a night out together but only on the return journey so that the man can have a well deserved drink after spending all week putting bread on the table. The woman can of course drive the children to school but should idealy use the little runabout that was bought especialy for her to go shopping in.

Let us not forget the trouble it causes in couples when the woman drives. It can often make the man late for work because of all the time he will have to spend in the morning re adjusting the seats and mirrors and the radio station.

Best they just stick to driving home from the pub and in an extreme emergency.
  • Options
    TombstoneTombstone Posts: 2,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are three reasons why I did not drive when with my wife:-

1. The car was one of my 'babies' - they are far too powerful for her to handle.

2. I drive approx 50,000 miles a year for work and refused to drive when on holiday.

3. When I wanted to get pissed - by far the most common time when men forget their driving prejudices.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The very idea. A woman in charge of the vehicle when there is a capable man there to do it. Absurd.

When in a couple the woman should only drive in emergencies. The woman can drive on a night out together but only on the return journey so that the man can have a well deserved drink after spending all week putting bread on the table. The woman can of course drive the children to school but should idealy use the little runabout that was bought especialy for her to go shopping in.

Let us not forget the trouble it causes in couples when the woman drives. It can often make the man late for work because of all the time he will have to spend in the morning re adjusting the seats and mirrors and the radio station.

Best they just stick to driving home from the pub and in an extreme emergency.

Smart!:eek::D
  • Options
    Nuartey1Nuartey1 Posts: 2,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My sister and her knobhead husband! haha :D
  • Options
    cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Women in cars????

Don't do it!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would imagine that 95% of couples when in the main car have the woman in the passenger seat. have a look next time you are out.
  • Options
    Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a bit of a control freak

As I'm in a position to constantly criticise other peoples driving they are more than happy for me to drive.

Works perfectly for me.
  • Options
    5th Horseman5th Horseman Posts: 10,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My neighbours are a bit funny, the wife drives except when they are going to park on their drive, then they swap seats and the husband does the parking, same happens when they go out again, hubby drives from the drive to the road then the wife drives the rest (until they have to park I expect). :confused:
  • Options
    Nuartey1Nuartey1 Posts: 2,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My neighbours are a bit funny, the wife drives except when they are going to park on their drive, then they swap seats and the husband does the parking, same happens when they go out again, hubby drives from the drive to the road then the wife drives the rest (until they have to park I expect). :confused:

I don't believe you. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cosmo wrote: »
    Women in cars????

Don't do it!!

haha

brilliant :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She obviously can't park or pull out onto the road.:D