6am - Local Breakfast
    10am - Roberto
    1pm - The Bassman
    4pm - Local Drive
    7pm - Rich and Kat
    10pm - Dave Kelly
    2am - Scott London

However, I'm not sure that this must be correct
    Some of that is incorrect........but not far off....
  • Options
    RidgiemanRidgieman Posts: 1,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we know what weekends will look like yet, apart from knowing Andi Durrant is joining to present 11pm-2am on Friday and Saturday nights?
  • Options
    t0264t0264 Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boywonder wrote: »
    Some of that is incorrect........but not far off....

What about James Barr and Adele? Getting rid of them would be one of the biggest mistakes they could make
    I'm sure James Barr did one of his shows from Capital once (When he was complaining at Rich & Kat about Kenny Chesney) or was that a satellite feed or something
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    We know that most of the weekday slots are already taken and Rich Clarke will appear somewhere because I read he signed a new contract as for the rest of them from all the Galaxies/Capital and HMN, there isn't enough room for all of them in overnights and weekends. So some names I guess will disappear real soon now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    So I take it that the DAB feed in Cambridge will in Jan come from London instead of 'Galaxy Towers'?

Shame as Hirstys Daily Dose is great.

Bet it will be London stuff forced into our ears, just like whats going to happen to Kiss 105-108 in Jan.

London this, London that.......We dont live there!!!! :mad:

Bloody Global/Bauer :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 300
    Forum Member
    Vibe105 wrote: »
    So I take it that the DAB feed in Cambridge will in Jan come from London instead of 'Galaxy Towers'?

Bet it will be London stuff forced into our ears, just like whats going to happen to Kiss 105-108 in Jan.

I would be nice if you got London Breakfast and Drive (why should you get 'Yorkshire Breakfast'?), but the same generic UK feed (like the non-London FM'ers) at all other times so London mentions are kept to a minimum.

We shall see..!
  • Options
    east_boy_16east_boy_16 Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dpb wrote: »
    Why do you think the logo is too London centric?

The colours used and how it looks just reminds me of the London Underground. The big C reminds me of the Congestion Charge logo too.
  • Options
    east_boy_16east_boy_16 Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vibe105 wrote: »

They've already removed Galaxy from Sky too. "Temporarily" according to their facebook - yeah right :rolleyes:

I can't stand waking up to hear Johnny Yawn - he was good a few years ago but the breakfast show sounds so stale now. I always opted to listen to Galaxy overnight as the music was good and you'd have Hirsty to wake up to. Not the case now.

At least there's still the iPhone app though so all is not lost
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    MrUK wrote: »
    I would be nice if you got London Breakfast and Drive (why should you get 'Yorkshire Breakfast'?), but the same generic UK feed (like the non-London FM'ers) at all other times so London mentions are kept to a minimum.

We shall see..!

Why should we get the London feed?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    Seems that the old HMN facebook pages are no more
  • Options
    suffolkbluesuffolkblue Posts: 4,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well i listen to galaxy yoorkshire on my dab in suffolk so i have no local output at all.But i was wondering if brekkie and drive will go to london if it does it will be goodbye from me as i love hirsty and co.The thought of JV in the morning will drive me nuts but i guess its wait and see.As they have not done a smooth and created a capital national on DAB im guessing it will be london.I know im closer to london than yorkshire but i love hirsty i dont see why it will change guess i will wait til jan to find out.
  • Options
    krob2krob2 Posts: 1,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seems like they are suppressing the complaints Dan!!!

There were a lot unhappy on there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    os17 wrote: »
    According to OnTheBox, from Jan 3rd it is:
    6am - Local Breakfast
    10am - Roberto
    1pm - The Bassman
    4pm - Local Drive
    7pm - Rich and Kat
    10pm - Dave Kelly
    2am - Scott London

Yeah, this isn't correct. It's just the schedule from pre christmas that they're using I'd guess.
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    os17 wrote: »
    1pm - The Bassman
    It might be the ideal opportunity to drop the silly stage name.

What's his real name?
  • Options
    Joey DeaconJoey Deacon Posts: 3,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's his real name?

James Bassam
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James Bassam
    That sounds better.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    I wonder if The Bassman could turn the Bass up a bit
  • Options
    djgeezadjgeeza Posts: 1,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Bassman, Roberto and Scott London are all stage names though. I doubt they'd change them now that they're established.
  • Options
    Matty JMatty J Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    Same as always though, they like to pretend Christmas isn't happening.

Not true. I remember Capital playing many Christmas songs last year. The reason I would imagine is this.

The whole network, Capital, Galaxy, Red Dragon et all are now running off the same playlist and forever will be. The CHR stations have the broadest range of music they CAN play whilst Galaxy Birmingham probably has the smallest range of commercially acceptable music they can play. The trouble with all the 'Yellow Cards' Ofcom hands out is they're reactive. If Galaxy Birmingham starts playing ALL pop/rock music they'll get a 'Yellow Card'. If Capital decides it only wants to play one genre of top 40 music it won't get a 'Yellow Card'. This is a loophole and a flaw that Ofcom (won't) but should have considered.

Because the music logs MUST be the same across the network 24/7 (according to Global) Capital is effectively being held hostage to Galaxy Birmingham's 'Urban' format. So that's why you won't hear any Christmas tunes. Because The Pogues, Slade etc. can't be incorporated into an Urban format. Stupidly Global think that by being allowed to play 5% music as 'spice' from non-format genres they will be able to carve out a national CHR network. They won't.

Capital sounds dire at the moment because the playlist is a dull mix of 'pseudo urban pop' and little else. Choice plays the likes of Rihanna and Labrinth but with a mix of stuff Capital would never touch, like T-Pain, Jay-Z, Mohombi, Skepta etc. and the music flows quite nicely between slow and fast, heavier and lighter like a well-programmed station should. Capital doesn't and I can only imagine what the programmer for the music thinks of the current output. He's programming a CHR station with one-hand tied behind his back. 5% spice means 1 in 20 records can be 'pop/rock'. That might sound like quite a bit, but it's about 1 song every 90 minutes. You can't have a high rotation strong-sounding CHR playlist like that if you want to put the latest Script song, the latest Take That song, and the latest Matt Cardle song on. You'll be waiting four and a half hours to hear Matt Cardle again. That's probably less often than you would on Heart.

I listened to Capital all weekend whilst I was out shopping, driving home, getting ready on Saturday - dipping in and out for 30 minute bursts. Because of the 5% rule I didn't hear any of those three pop acts I just mentioned but they ARE all on the playlist. That's no good for a CHR station. The idea is that listeners tune in briefly but always hear their favourite hits. People are going mad for Matt Cardle at the moment but any Capital listener is highly likely to miss out on hearing his record unless they listen ALL day (which we know few CHR listeners do).

I've said it (and many others have too) but if the top 40 goes all indie again like it did a few years back when acts like Klaxons, Arctic Monkeys, Kate Nash became huge Capital will be STUFFED. They won't be able to get enough of these acts on the playlist and people will drift elsewhere (listen to their I-pods, watch 4music; because in London we now have no REAL CHR station). Unless they can get all the Galaxy formats changed. But I can't see how they would as Baeur hold all the local CHR formats and have the firepower to resist. As a side note I think the 'spice' is making the station sound even odder when you hear 15 urban tracks and then the Script...

Just my two pennys.

It would have made better business sense for EVERYONE if Global could have swapped the CHR stations Baeur own with their Dance formats and created a REAL national Kiss, and a REAL national Capital. But of course that is a hypothetical situation
  • Options
    deepfroatdeepfroat Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    djgeeza wrote: »
    The Bassman, Roberto and Scott London are all stage names though. I doubt they'd change them now that they're established.

Established in what way? Networking would make sense if popular local presenters are being replaced by people we've heard of.
  • Options
    chipmanchipman Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Matty J, that post you have just made has explained brilliantly the argument I was trying to put across about the format earlier in the thread, but couldn't quite explain my thoughts clearly.

Great post and well summarised :)
  • Options
    Matty JMatty J Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    chipman wrote: »
    Matty J, that post you have just made has explained brilliantly the argument I was trying to put across about the format earlier in the thread, but couldn't quite explain my thoughts clearly.

Great post and well summarised :)

Thanks Chipman. Happy Christmas to you
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Trent FM Arena confirmed to be changing name to the Capital FM arena. You can see the new logo on the facebook page. The words don't really fit onto it well though...

http://www.facebook.com/trentfmarenanottinghamfanpage?v=wall

And it's part of a five year deal apparently:

http://www.musicweek.com/story.asp?sectioncode=1&storycode=1043705&c=1&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
  • Options
    Peace100Peace100 Posts: 3,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    djgeeza wrote: »

James used his real name when on Essex fm..not so long ago...
  • Options
    Marcus BradshawMarcus Bradshaw Posts: 4,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    reddie wrote: »
    Trent FM Arena confirmed to be changing name to the Capital FM arena. You can see the new logo on the facebook page. The words don't really fit onto it well though..

'The Capital Fm Arena Nottingham'

'It's coming', according to their social network pages.

Sense/Non.
This discussion has been closed.