Options

SyCo haven't got a clue what to do with male winners!

Comments

• Options
    scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its because most of the male winners shouldnt have won.

G4 should have won over Steve
    Rhydian should have won over Leon
    Olly should have won over Joe

Joe, Leon and Steve do not have the x factor and never did. Steve is a forgettable wedding singer, Leon is a poor mans Michael Buble and Joe is just a big voice with a big smile, ie. no charisma, individuality or star quality. Olly, Rhydian and G4 all had something special whicj is why they have done far better than their respective winners.

Shayne does have the X Factor, and in 2005 - 2007 was doing very well. Its a shame 2010 has been bad for him. He just had a bad album, but still has something.

As for Matt, he is by far the most worthy winner this year. He will not flop because he has that something that Shayne, Leona and Alexandra have. He has The X Factor!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scratchy23 wrote: »

Joe, Leon and Steve do not have the x factor and never did. Steve is a forgettable wedding singer, Leon is a poor mans Michael Buble and Joe is just a big voice with a big smile, ie. no charisma, individuality or star quality. Olly, Rhydian and G4 all had something special whicj is why they have done far better than their respective winners.

Shayne does have the X Factor, and in 2005 - 2007 was doing very well. Its a shame 2010 has been bad for him. He just had a bad album, but still has something.

As for Matt, he is by far the most worthy winner this year. He will not flop because he has that something that Shayne, Leona and Alexandra have. He has The X Factor!

Uh huh...

So Joe was a big voice, but vacant personality. I think that rates higher than a decent voice and douchebag personality.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benami311 wrote: »
    Uh huh...

So Joe was a big voice, but vacant personality. I think that rates higher than a decent voice and douchebag personality.

That may be so, but how many proper stars do you see with zero personality, compared to the amount of 'doucebags' and 'divas' in the industry?
  • Options
    mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Your right of course its not just looks it the emtional intelligence all of those you have name have too. I don't think one should write Shayne off though;);)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Shayne certainly does have what it takes to succeed in the music industry but the reason why 2010 hasn't been more of a success for him is down to Syco's incompetence. They mothballed him for three years on the back of two platinum-selling albums which entered the UK chart at number one and number two respectively. I'm yet to see any explanation for that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That may be so, but how many proper stars do you see with zero personality, compared to the amount of 'doucebags' and 'divas' in the industry?

The douchebags and divas wait until they have some success in the business before they let loose with their douchiness.

Mariah Carey's a diva? Yeah, but she can back it up. It also helps that she was quite the sweet little introvert during her "Vision of Love" days before unleashing the bitchiness.

Someone coming from a karaoke gameshow acting like that from the get-go? He'll get crucified by the press and shunned by the public. There's not enough die hard fans to keep him in the business for long.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    One Direction would have massively more sales over Matt, despite coming 3rd. Fact.

Rebecca has much more chance of making it as a top star. Fact. Providing she gets chance to work with good songwriters and producers...

Matt isn't distinctive enough to make it on his own. Fact. In his band, maybe...

The thing is they were not voted by he gbp to win - therefore if this is so how could they possibly have more sales when there were fewer people voting for them which means fewe people interested in their future basically;);)

Matt Cardlle is possibly the most distictive of all of the contestants this year.;);)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The douchebags and divas wait until they have some success in the business before they let loose with their douchiness.

Mariah Carey's a diva? Yeah, but she can back it up. It also helps that she was quite the sweet little introvert during her "Vision of Love" days before unleashing the bitchiness.

Someone coming from a karaoke gameshow acting like that from the get-go? He'll get crucified by the press and shunned by the public. There's not enough die hard fans to keep him in the business for long.

There are more than enough die hard fans to keep himgoing and these are increasing by the day more than a couple of thousand at a time. Matt has been vilified by the press throughout the show and despite that he won. People love him.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To be honest I think Matt is a genuinely nice bloke. And the majority of viewers/voters agree. The public wouldnt vote for someone who came across to them as a douchebag or whatever, I mean look at Katie, she had a good voice but the public had her bottom or second bottom pretty much every week, because of her seemingly desperate and annoying personality. So to be honest I just think you have a poor perception of Matt's personality.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mitacond wrote: »
    The thing is they were not voted by he gbp to win - therefore if this is so how could they possibly have more sales when there were fewer people voting for them which means fewe people interested in their future basically;);)

Matt Cardlle is possibly the most distictive of all of the contestants this year.;);)

When...WHEN has votes on these shows EVER translated to sales? Joe ran away with it last year, and they'll probably be donating his CD by next year.

1D appeals to a proven market with little competition

Cher appeals to a proven market, and different enough to stand out

Rebecca appeals to a proven market, and with the right producers, she can do very well

Matt appeals to a proven market...from 1999.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Please give evidence of zero personality?

You probably cant because, he does have a great, charismatic personality:

Arm Wrestling with Vernon Key: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=164KOVka7N4

Graham Norton Intervew Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez6C8EoeoVQ

Graham Norton Intervew Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_ilpMk0fss

KEY 103 Manchester Interview: http://www.mediafire.com/?etl2kbyktba5fvo

Joe won fair and a very deserving winner last year (largest margin win ever in the history of X Factor). The situation is that Syco / Modest does not know how to handle their male artists.

Joe is a brilliant young man, but not given the support and guidance as a deserving winner of this show.

I just hope (and this includes all winners) that they can get away from Syco / Modest because they clearly are the problem, not the artists.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I like Matt but using the more votes necessarily = more sales argument is a fool's game, in light of say, G4 vs Steve, Rhydian vs Leon or Olly vs Joe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest I think Matt is a genuinely nice bloke. And the majority of viewers/voters agree. The public wouldnt vote for someone who came across to them as a douchebag or whatever, I mean look at Katie, she had a good voice but the public had her bottom or second bottom pretty much every week, because of her seemingly desperate and annoying personality. So to be honest I just think you have a poor perception of Matt's personality.

I started the show liking Matt. He was my favorite of the guys. I fell off his train...hard...when he started running his mouth. I sold my ticket after that crap with Wagner. All of his subsequent incidents of verbal diarrhea have confirmed to me that I made the right choice.

If I might say, I think that many people who, like me, started off liking Matt continued to do so despite his many inane comments. Yes, he won the show...but that doesn't - nor has it ever - translated to a successful debut album. Joe McElderry, anyone???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like Matt but using the more votes necessarily = more sales argument is a fool's game, in light of say, G4 vs Steve, Rhydian vs Leon or Olly vs Joe.

Time will tell;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time will tell;)

Time already submitted their full report through 6 seasons of XF and 9 seasons of American Idol, including appendices and references. It's not looking good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I started the show liking Matt. He was my favorite of the guys. I fell off his train...hard...when he started running his mouth. I sold my ticket after that crap with Wagner. All of his subsequent incidents of verbal diarrhea have confirmed to me that I made the right choice.

If I might say, I think that many people who, like me, started off liking Matt continued to do so despite his many inane comments. Yes, he won the show...but that doesn't - nor has it ever - translated to a successful debut album. Joe McElderry, anyone???

Joe is so different he has a good voice but little emotional intelligence Matt on the o ther hand has so much emtional inteligence is almost extraordinary; emtonal intelligence is of paramount importance;) I never get these feelings about contestants as I have with Matt it's just wierd and I am going to stick my head over the parapet and say he is going to be a huge star. don't ask me for an explaination I just do. ;);)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe is so different he has a good voice but little emotional intelligence Matt on the o ther hand has so much emtional inteligence is almost extraordinary; emtonal intelligence is of paramount importance;) I never get these feelings about contestants as I have with Matt it's just wierd and I am going to stick my head over the parapet and say he is going to be a huge star. don't ask me for an explaination I just do. ;);)

Stop making ridiculous, rubbish, stupid statements. Are you trying to be Matt now.

Joe clearly has emotional intelligence with the songs he sings that exceeds Matt's. Pretty exceptional for a young kid at 18 (when he did these):

Sorry Seems To Be the Hardest Word: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j93WvstotJ4

She's Out Of My Life: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FpqdqyyNsw&feature=channel
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The answer is simple: Male winners won't make Syco money (unless they can sing R&B; so far only the female winners can)
  • Options
    billiesmithbilliesmith Posts: 11,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wow that is a pretty disparaging statement to say Joe has little emotional intelligence. What exactly are you basing that on?

I don't normally go in for bashing other contestants in order to support someone I like, but if Matt is guilty of saying some of the stuff he has been accused of saying since he won, it is his intelligence I would question, emotional or otherwise.
  • Options
    mamamiamamamia Posts: 2,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Matt Cardle is the most distinctive contestant ever on the XFactor,we were so lucky he was persuaded to go for it,such a talent should not be wasted,where there is success you always get envy and bile,loving that Matt has ruffled a few feathers,
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It doesn't quite work like that though mita. With multi voting we don't know who got the most voters - only who got the most votes. Then there is the fact that voters are not buyers necessarily (and of course non voters are not non buyers),

With the voting system, it can be a bit of a lottery who wins, Although this year I think we hit the jackpot :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In X Factor terms, he is 'distinctive', but in real terms, he is just your average pub rocker. A slicker version of Jamie Afro from last year.

Matt is a much better singer than Jamie Afro ('cos Jamie was pretty poor) and may well have written better songs (I can't remember what Jamie Afro's band sounded like) but if X Factor had been full of pub musician/singer/songwriter types, Matt would not have stood out at all.

And while Matt has gained fans, how many of these fans would have been quite so enthusiastic if they'd heard his Seven Summers stuff before X Factor? I'd guess only a few. And that is the problem for Matt. People are (mostly) just fans of the bloke who was singing on the tele'. Not Matt the singer/songwriter.

Listen to his previous material and look at Syco's previous record with male winners and it all points to Matt flopping. He needs very good songs to make it big and sustain interest.
  • Options
    my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neelia wrote: »
    It doesn't quite work like that though mita. With multi voting we don't know who got the most voters - only who got the most votes. Then there is the fact that voters are not buyers necessarily (and of course non voters are not non buyers),

With the voting system, it can be a bit of a lottery who wins, Although this year I think we hit the jackpot :)

agree with that, fans and voters are not neccesarily the same thing.

Anyway, we can argue forever about who has the most potential, personality, niche market appeal blah blah, but we are overlooking the most important aspect for any of them - the product!. If they get the music right and create a bit of word of mouth about it on top of initial 'buy it regardless sales', then there's a chance of longevity. produce crap and any of them will disappear.
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One Direction would have massively more sales over Matt, despite coming 3rd. Fact.

Rebecca has much more chance of making it as a top star. Fact. Providing she gets chance to work with good songwriters and producers...

Matt isn't distinctive enough to make it on his own. Fact. In his band, maybe...

I think you needs to aquaint yourself with the meaning of the word "fact" - Truth

You need to aquaint yourself with the meaning of the word "fact" -Opinion

Your statements are not "facts" - Fact
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

No these are not facts just your opinion really and therefore can in no way be consider fact;) I appreciate your opinion and respect your right to it however it is not fact.;);)