Options

Coronation Street 25/12/10 - Brawling In A Winter Wonderland (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 51,138
    Forum Member
    Awww that was a sweet but sad last scene with Clurr... going to miss her when she goes :(
  • Options
    snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,311
    Forum Member
    lovely episode
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rita for the X Factor she is better than Cheryl at not singing live.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nthorn wrote: »
    Miming or not; brilliant ending!

yes end was lovely:)
  • Options
    ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    all i'm going to say, rosie websters tits just got bumped for becky in a angel pvc attire.:cool:
  • Options
    PickpussPickpuss Posts: 72,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ANOTHER SHEEP. SHE HAS BEEN IN IT FOR 35 YEARS. SO WHAT DO YOU THINK:rolleyes:

Are you going to insult everyone who doesn't like Tracey? Yes, you know the writer and everyone of the cast and crew allegedly loves the actress but we the viewers don't have to so why don't you let us voice our opinions without referring to us as sheep.

For the record the last 3 episodes with Tracey have been diabolical
    in my opinion and I am not following any sheep.

Baaah Humbug (pun intended).
  • Options
    PompeyBillPompeyBill Posts: 7,409
    Forum Member
    of course you did;)

Believe it if not I did. You won't find any other posts about this in my history. Why the hell do some always see other motives rather than just a factual post ffs. Am just browsing DS on my mobile while she watches.
  • Options
    F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Report to ofcom for blatant miming! I voted for her to sing not to mime :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    Apart from the years of absence.:rolleyes: No need to SHOUT.:sleep:

nor the need to get personal :(
  • Options
    LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant ending to a much improved Christmas episode than last year's poor offering.
  • Options
    alxnealxne Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    It was good apart from every scene of Tracys, about half of it :(
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 147,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    nor the need to get personal :(

Personal? It's basic 'netiquette'.:sleep:
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    ANOTHER SHEEP. SHE HAS BEEN IN IT FOR 35 YEARS. SO WHAT DO YOU THINK:rolleyes:

No she hasn't. Toxic is 34 next month and this one has only played her since 2002. 5 years before she left.

God forbid if we'd had 33 years of Kate Ford playing her! :eek:
    Dawn Acton was Oscar winning standard by comparison.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personal? It's basic 'nettiquette'.:sleep:
    I agree. I am on your side :)
  • Options
    PickpussPickpuss Posts: 72,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personal? It's basic 'netiquette'.:sleep:

I think Spoiler's post was backing you up............keep up :rolleyes:
  • Options
    auron87auron87 Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    all i'm going to say, rosie websters tits just got bumped for becky in a angel pvc attire.:cool:

Brilliant :p
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 147,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pickpuss wrote: »
    I think Spoiler's post was backing you up............keep up :rolleyes:

Eh?:confused::o
    I'm still waiting for me dinner.:(
  • Options
    billiobillio Posts: 3,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand Tracey (or the terrible acting, baaaa) but there were some great golden comedy moments, and some sweet, touching moments,tonight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pickpuss wrote: »
    Are you going to insult everyone who doesn't like Tracey? Yes, you know the writer and everyone of the cast and crew allegedly loves the actress but we the viewers don't have to so why don't you let us voice our opinions without referring to us as sheep.

For the record the last 3 episodes with Tracey have been diabolical
    in my opinion and I am not following any sheep.

Baaah Humbug (pun intended).

Thanks pickpuss, I was about to have a go myself!
    If the poster does know the writer maybe he/she will go and tell him/her from us that the writing is crap and he/she could do better! Also say hello from us to Kate Ford and tell her from us that she is a terrible actress who has problems with her mouth covering her front teeth. Her presence in the last couple of episodes has ruined the Corrie christmas storylines and we had to put up with yet another so called comical plot with someone having to eat multiple christmas dinners. AArgh! And a big Baaaa! from me.
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last 5-10 mins were the saving grace of tonight's ep. Rita's rendition of David Essex's 'A Winter's Tale' was great stuff (even though it was obvious that Rita was miming:D) and the snow was a nice touch. Julia Haworth was very affecting tonight, after giving a below-par performance in last night's offering. The scene where she opened Ashley's presents was very poignant and played perfectly by Julia, Kat Kelly and little Benjamin Beresford. Mary was an absolute howl tonight and provided some much needed comic relief after recent traumatic events. Peter's announcement that he and Leanne would be renewing their vows was another highlight.

The writing tonight was very inconsistent from niggling errors like Tina stating at the start of the ep that she cannot stand Tracy despite never having met her to the manner in which Tracy discovered the truth about Max. The way that Tracy spoke to Amy simply didn't ring true (what mother would refer to their child's father by his first name for example?:confused:) and some of Tracy's dialogue was simply awful. I know that Tracy was never a sympathetic character but having her refer to the recently deceased Ashley as 'Thingy' was simply ludicrous.

Another negative point for me was Leanne's sudden turnaround in her feelings for Nick. Only a couple weeks ago she told Nick at the hospital while Peter was on his deathbed that she didn't love him and had chosen Peter over him. Now, all of a sudden she has done another another U-turn. The scene between her and Nick just didn't feel right.

Overall, I enjoyed tonight's episode much more than last year's piss-poor offering that was centred around the horrendous Molvin plot.
  • Options
    Rita's KabinRita's Kabin Posts: 36,543
    Forum Member
    It didn't take Tracy long to make a splash did it? Insulting The Lovely Clare and Ashley, branding Graeme a pervert, slagging off Gail, pouring wine all over Amy's costume, threatening to tell social services about Max.
    The problem with all of this is that it makes Ken, Deirdre and Peter all seems completely weak and spineless because none of them can manage anything other than an "oh Tracy!!!!" whenever she does anything.
    The whole plot thread was weakly scripted and, once again, completely misjudged by Kate Ford. Her panto-style "acting" completely wrong-foots any scenes in which she appears.

So John was faced with eating two Christmas lunches then? Hardly an original storyline given that it's been done to death in countless soap episodes and sitcoms.
    However Jean Fergusson put in a nice performance as Charlotte's Mum and the scene when she said that she wanted Charlotte to come back as a stray cat was quite touching.

I'm still not bothered about Kevin and Jack. I know that the writers want us to feel empathy for him, or perhaps empathy for Sally and "the gurls" but I wasn't interested in MOLVIN and I can quite get interested in this either.

Leanne's changed her mind about Nick then! Presumably with a second wedding scheduled for 14 February the writers are intending to keep us on tenterhooks about whether Peter will find out about Nick and Leanne's fling. I'm hoping not as I like Leanne and Peter as a couple rather than Nick and Leanne.

Best moment of the episode was Reet singing A Winter's Tale whilst images of various characters floated across the screen.

However the over-use of Kate Ford and the ropey scripting means I can't award this episode any more than a 3 out of 10
  • Options
    NPPNPP Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So how did Becky beat up Tracy? And who ended up slapping her?
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    As predicted too much Traceyluv, which has elbowed better storylines out of the way IMO.

I'll say no more for now.
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    However the over-use of Kate Ford and the ropey scripting means I can't award this episode any more than a 3 out of 10

Too much Becky as well.:(
  • Options
    Rita's KabinRita's Kabin Posts: 36,543
    Forum Member
    Sylvia wrote: »
    Too much Becky as well.:(

Perhaps. As I said before, soaps don't treat all characters the same. You do get characters that are "flavour of the month" and I agree that Becky is probably in that category at the moment.

I am a little fed up with the continual break-up / make-up merry go round that the writers have put her and Steve one but, having said that, Katherine Kelly is a much better actress than Kate Ford so her overuse doesn't set my teeth on edge as much.