Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe carrying out the Dyson cracked me up. :D

The Royle Family is back!:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a par on the original series, but a good episode tonight and certainately beats the 2008 and 2009 specials hands down.

Some funny moments, but some touching ones too.

Good to see at the start Jim mimicking Dave & Denise's mannerisms.... :D
  • Options
    M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    Well that was rather good. Far better than the last couple of years.

Some wonderful one liners. My favourite was probably the one about Denise waiting for the DNA results on Jeremy Kyle.
  • Options
    Zayna99Zayna99 Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fabulous! I thoroughly enjoyed every minute, laughed out loud, moved to tears, classic and quality Royle Family.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    Dyson and Ashes....been there and done it....I laughed then and I pissed myself with laughter tonight....I just know my now departed Mum with her quirky sense of humour would have been ROFL as well
  • Options
    TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jazza wrote: »
    The Royle Family is back!:)

My arse
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such a funny episode. After three years of disappointing episodes, this one was classic Royle Family. Absolutely brilliant!
  • Options
    decemberboydecemberboy Posts: 3,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that was superb. A real return to form.
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best episode since the Queen of Sheba, the writing was very funny and all the actors were on top form.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done the royale family best ever
  • Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you reckon they're paving the way for a Royle wedding special for when the Royal Wedding happens? Hope so:)

Some really good laugh out loud moments tonight, really enjoyed it:)
  • Options
    elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beats the last two Christmas episodes hands down.

Thought they were veering into 'poor' territory when we started off with the huge tree, but thought much of the rest of it was blooming superb and seemed to largely avoid the 'OTT' elements that have characterised the show in recent years. Felt a bit like the old Royle Family again. Very funny.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Cor, Anthony's got gorgeous!

I thought that too. Darned hot! When did this happen?
  • Options
    essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,217
    Forum Member
    I must be one of the few people on here who enjoyed the special last year thought tonights special was just as good:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    essexpete wrote: »
    I must be one of the few people on here who enjoyed the special last year thought tonights special was just as good:D

I enjoyed it for the most part
    but there was lots of filler

This year its really good
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Yeah avoiding the OTT elements is the best bet. The beauty of the Royle Family was in its simplicity and the fact that we all related to it (especially us northerners) so closely.
  • Options
    elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    essexpete wrote: »

I felt that the 2009 episode had its moments for sure, but just wasn't as good as the 'classics.' The 2008 one was incredibly poor IMHO.

In my opinion, this one captured the feel of the show again, in a way 2009 and 2008 captured only fleetingly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was brilliant. Very reminiscent of the earlier series'.

I thought there was no hope for it after last year's, but I'm happy I was proven wrong and if the writing was as good as tonight's, I'd welcome a new series!
  • Options
    TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gold_Fish wrote: »
    It was brilliant. Very reminiscent of the earlier series'.

Only with one dimensional clone caricatures instead of the 1998 Jim, Barb etc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its never going to be as good as it used to be
    We all know this

This is as good as it gets
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deffo the best since Queen of Sheba, I nearly spilt me tea for the Dyson/Die Soon line :)
  • Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bits with the oversized xmas tree and generally any of the bits with Jim being disgusting in spoilt it a little, but the rest was great. Saskia looks like a good character too.
  • Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last ten minutes were very good especially when Joe took the Dyson although I would have thought it would have been easier for Barbara just to empty the Dyson into the urn.

I think the next special will be the Wedding episode although I imagine it'll be next Christmas, it would be quite sweet to have it on the same day as the actual Royal wedding or Easter Sunday but I think Easter Sunday is reserved for Rock and Chips.
  • Options
    BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only with one dimensional clone caricatures instead of the 1998 Jim, Barb etc

Well they are 12 years older remember, no ones going to be the exact same as they were over a decade ago
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jonwo wrote: »
    The last ten minutes were very good especially when Joe took the Dyson although I would have thought it would have been easier for Barbara just to empty the Dyson into the urn.

I think the next special will be the Wedding episode although I imagine it'll be next Christmas, it would be quite sweet to have it on the same day as the actual Royal wedding or Easter Sunday but I think Easter Sunday is reserved for Rock and Chips.

It wouldn't have been as funny