Options

Emmerdale - The Aaron Livesy Story [SPOILERS - Part 25]

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi,

Just looking at this pic of 'Flynn' - am I the only one who is really uncomfortable with the whole idea of Aaron seeing somebody else, and having Jackson know all about it??? It would be different if they'd broken up or something, but the fact is Jackson is left at home imagining allsorts about what this Flynn is 'doing' to his Aaron!!! I've a feeling this element of the story is a step to far for me, just think the 'positivity' has gone. Do we have any idea how long 'Flynn' will be in the show? I'm hoping for 2 or 3 episodes tops - with Aaron running back to Jackson saying he can't do it!

Also, do we know what form of tetrapelgia Jackson has? I've had a look online and it all seems to be linked to where the fractures are - I remember the doctor saying Jackson was looking at a future as a tetraplegic, but he did sort of make out that there was some slight hope for a recovery of sorts??? Also the nurse told Aaron that 'there was still hope' etc after Jackson had argued with him etc. Maybe I'm just too much of a dreamer, but I want to believe that all is not lost - didn't one of the writers say something about not giving up on Jackson or something???

Please somebody - give me a glimmer of hope to cling on to, I need Aarson to find a way through this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sam'sWish wrote: »
    Nope. Cause I'm fussy! ;) and cause the route they're taking this storyline is completely stupid

100% agree!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a preview up you know where for Monday's ep where Aaron phones Jackson :)

Saw that felt very sorry for Jackson lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FarmGirl wrote: »
    10% agree!

what about the other 90%? ;)

I think the hope that is there for Jackson is in place depending on contract decisions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dazz78 wrote: »
    what about the other 90%? ;)

I think the hope that is there for Jackson is in place depending on contract decisions.

lol - I've edited my post - can't you tell I've got a houseful of kids - can't even spot a simple typo! I hope you are right that the recovery (of sorts) is only a storyline option if Marc agrees to extend his contract. Does anybody follow him on twitter - maybe we could ask if he's aware of any contract developments for him etc, even if he says 'I've got a meeting' I'd be happy lol. I really am clinging on with everything I've got!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

Just looking at this pic of 'Flynn' - am I the only one who is really uncomfortable with the whole idea of Aaron seeing somebody else, and having Jackson know all about it??? It would be different if they'd broken up or something, but the fact is Jackson is left at home imagining allsorts about what this Flynn is 'doing' to his Aaron!!! I've a feeling this element of the story is a step to far for me, just think the 'positivity' has gone. Do we have any idea how long 'Flynn' will be in the show? I'm hoping for 2 or 3 episodes tops - with Aaron running back to Jackson saying he can't do it!

Also, do we know what form of tetrapelgia Jackson has? I've had a look online and it all seems to be linked to where the fractures are - I remember the doctor saying Jackson was looking at a future as a tetraplegic, but he did sort of make out that there was some slight hope for a recovery of sorts??? Also the nurse told Aaron that 'there was still hope' etc after Jackson had argued with him etc. Maybe I'm just too much of a dreamer, but I want to believe that all is not lost - didn't one of the writers say something about not giving up on Jackson or something???

Please somebody - give me a glimmer of hope to cling on to, I need Aarson to find a way through this.

They have been consistantly vague and changable about the exact nature of Jackson's injury. As part of spinal injuries, there is a condition called spinal shock, this only begins to resolve 8 to 12 weeks post trauma, possibly later, so there is still potential for some improvement, perhaps dependant on his contract being renewed or not
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol - I've edited my post - can't you tell I've got a houseful of kids - can't even spot a simple typo! I hope you are right that the recovery (of sorts) is only a storyline option if Marc agrees to extend his contract. Does anybody follow him on twitter - maybe we could ask if he's aware of any contract developments for him etc, even if he says 'I've got a meeting' I'd be happy lol. I really am clinging on with everything I've got!

I do, could ask... only ever got an answer from tony hammond though on any thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

lol the day Marc responds to a question from a follower on twitter....................!! He is not chatty at all :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooh, whilst I'm on a ramble - what exactly was wrong with the top Aaron bought Jackson? To me it just looked like a plain black t-shirt?? Not quite sure why it was seen to be awful etc. (Although Jackson did seem touched that Aaron had bought him a present - bless!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madrox wrote: »
    lol the day Marc responds to a question from a follower on twitter....................!! He is not chatty at all :rolleyes:

OK tried asking @Tonyhammond, he's responded to more than half of my questions. even if he's not answered them lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ginni wrote: »
    They have been consistantly vague and changable about the exact nature of Jackson's injury. As part of spinal injuries, there is a condition called spinal shock, this only begins to resolve 8 to 12 weeks post trauma, possibly later, so there is still potential for some improvement, perhaps dependant on his contract being renewed or not

On Fri Danny said that there was no recovery from tetraplegia when asked about Jackson's situation so again this is totally down to TPTB and how they decide to take the story but as it stands right now it doesn't sound like he is going to recover much more, a wait and see I guess.. :(

And like you say will also probably depend on weather or not Marc stays beyond the spring...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK tried asking @Tonyhammond, he's responded to more than half of my questions. even if he's not answered them lol.

Thank you!!!
  • Options
    Sam'sWishSam'sWish Posts: 6,759
    Forum Member
    Oooh, whilst I'm on a ramble - what exactly was wrong with the top Aaron bought Jackson? To me it just looked like a plain black t-shirt?? Not quite sure why it was seen to be awful etc. (Although Jackson did seem touched that Aaron had bought him a present - bless!)

I think it was more something Aaron would wear than Jackson i think that was the point but it was a black jumper/tshirt. Jackson should wear it. He better wear it! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you!!!

no probs no guarantee he'll answer thouigh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was more something Aaron would wear than Jackson i think that was the point but it was a black jumper/tshirt. Jackson should wear it. He better wear it! :D

Jackson would look good in a tight black t-shirt :o

Right am off now... speak to all later/2morrow...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,685
    Forum Member
    Is it wrong to want to see Flaarson

I'd rather see Aaronpubes :eek::D

Sorry not been around much today. Stephen's day is usually family day for me so have had to entertain my ma's side of the family all day, now I have work soon, and then I'm going straight from there to a party with my dad's side of the family (he has 8 brothers/sisters - its going to be hectic as always with shouting little kids, non stop talkative uncles/aunts you don't like and the elderly crowd who make you do everything, with one or two cool cousins on the side .... oh joy :rolleyes::(). But anyway, enough about me :o

I wouldn't mind seeing Aarson split either. I do still like them and would be happy to see their relationship grow but Eleven was right when she said their relationship is becoming boring. It is. That's the writer's fault for paralysing Jackson - it doesn't even feel like a relationship, just Aaron maturing via his new role as carer with a storyline that gives Danny as many possibilities as possible to cry. I would have preferred if they worked with them from a couple/character point of view and not a storyline one, but its too late no I'm afraid.

As always, I guess I'll just see how they play it out. No doubt there will be rainbows and unicorns go leor :rolleyes:.

Have a good rest of the day guys, I probably won't be back on here til tomorow xxx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just in case nobody knows yet but I chose the surname Buchanan for this character!! Its a very proud moment of my life! ;):cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,685
    Forum Member
    Just in case nobody knows yet but I chose the surname Buchanan for this character!! Its a very proud moment of my life! ;):cool:

Why didn't you pick Fairman? :eek::confused: or Pubes? :D:o

You should have asked if you could have picked the forename instead!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They already had the first name picked but he couldn't tell us what it was! I went for a surname of someone I know ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just sent you a PM!
  • Options
    Sam'sWishSam'sWish Posts: 6,759
    Forum Member

Technically you suggested it and he chose it.
  • Options
    cherrytops(82)cherrytops(82) Posts: 3,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    good evening :)
    how are we all?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy Stephen's day m'dears:) Just thought I'd have my lil say for old times sake:p
    Nope. Cause I'm fussy! ;) and cause the route they're taking this storyline is completely stupid
    Hi,

Sam and FarmGirl, I feel exactly the same. Imo the s/l has lost the run of itself. It's like you imagine the worst case scenario and low and behold ED run with it:rolleyes:

I wish TPTB would just make up their mind about Aaron being with Jackson or not. I can’t understand how Aaron is supposed to ‘care a lot’ about Jackson and yet he’s going to go bedhopping with randomers. If he can’t handle the Jackson situation then he should opt out now instead of going down this dodgy ‘open relationship’ route. Jackson’s been paralysed and now must suffer the indignity of watching the man he loves going out to pull other men for sex. And then he’s supposed to welcome him back after he’s been out with god knows who doing god knows what, I don’t think so! Just coz Jacksons lost his body does not mean he should lose his self respect as well! ED are doing a great job at making me dislike Aaron and if they continue down this road I don’t know if I’ll ever care for his character again:(

Oh dear I seem to have lost my xmas cheer:rolleyes::p Bring on more vino:D:p
  • Options
    andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
    Forum Member
    I feel so sad. I am just so alone now with my thoughts, everyone else on here is just on a different page,. This is why i wanted to leave but it's just very difficult, as you can tell by me being here...again!

Think how upsetting it is when you have been a part of a thread for a year with everyone on the same 'team' as it were then suddenly everyone else moving on in a different direction and you are just seeing people post things that are the complete opposite of how it was before. It's just a case of me basically being upset reading all my friends posts now, i don't have a comfortable place here now. It's so sad.

I do get peoples POV's but i just can't feel it myself and i feel just awful cus i feel a really bad Aaron fan as well which is upsetting me alot.

I'm a drama queen cus i've been leaving for 2 days, so sorry, but as i said, it's hard.
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @Andy
    I've never been on the same page as everyone else on this thread ;) - and there have been times when I've had to sit back and watch everyone else raving about an interpretation of the story that didn't come across to me in the same way.

But I've stuck with it because its still a good story.
This discussion has been closed.