Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    IndegIndeg Posts: 1,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vikki13lou wrote: »
    Leaving Amy on her own with Eccles was a bit irresponsible as well, I know that it's not exactly a suspension of reality but would you really leave the kid on her own with the dog in the back yard? I know I wouldn't, and I love dogs!
    I wouldn't have a problem letting her play with the dog in the yard - but I would make sure I locked the back gate first!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eileen inferring "so it's true, then" from the manner in which Steve was cleaning the table... :p
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think I'd let my kid play in the back yard with the dog if she had previously lived right next door and I had spirited her away under protest form her Dad, where she had been living during my enforced absence.
    Apart from those circumstances, I don't see why not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Espresso wrote: »
    I don't think I'd let my kid play in the back yard with the dog if she had previously lived right next door and I had spirited her away under protest form her Dad, where she had been living during my enforced absence.
    Apart from those circumstances, I don't see why not.
    Even in those circumstances, it would still be fine if the back gate was kept closed and locked! I mean, if nothing else, leaving it open like that is just asking for Eccles the dog to wander off...;)
  • Options
    teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
    Forum Member
    So Steve and Becky are so dreadfully irresponsible with Max to the extent that he is able to run over to the Kabin at least twice in a week, but the first time they shove a key in the door, Amy manages to lock herself in.

How unlucky! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    John feels a bit low so Fiz books a doctor's appointment for the same afternoon! Weatherfield NHS surpassing the coalition's firm grip yet again!
  • Options
    fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John feels a bit low so Fiz books a doctor's appointment for the same afternoon! Weatherfield NHS surpassing the coalition's firm grip yet again!

GPs are closed until Wednesday!:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    fugitive wrote: »

Not in Weatherfield! ;):p
  • Options
    fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of these Corrie writers are extremely dim
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fugitive wrote: »

I noticed that. Also, Sian received a Christmas card from her mum today despite being a Christmas Bank Holiday.
  • Options
    stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can't say I've noticed :D

if the Bookies was open why wasn't John back at work

Eccles has suddenly re-appeared, I though smichael had mistaken him for a scooby snack

we just need to work out where Monica has gone to now
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    Nick told Peter that he'd had record takings at the bookies. Not bad given that racing's been frozen off for days.

Maybe someone put a bet on the next character John will put under ground.
  • Options
    Mystery ManMystery Man Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know if this one has been mentioned.

The builder boyfriend of Liz keeps pressurising Steve to pay for the work he did at the pub saying he needs to pay his men. He actually said Steve only had to pay for materials, not labour. I reckon the materials (bag of plaster, roll of wallpaper, ect) would come to £30 at most, is he really that desperate for £30 and can't Steve just give it to him out of the till?:confused:

Yes, except Becky's probably emptied it again for herself (how else does she manage to wear a different designer t-shirt in every flaming episode?)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bev Collard got married October/November time, when they filmed those episodes, so Liz was sent off to Spain.

Yes, but a fair bit of the tram crash and aftermath was filmed unusually early, and I'd have thought they could have worked her into a few scenes, to at least give the illusion that she was there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where on Earth did John's mental health problems come from? No sign of them at all until he was sitting in the Doctor's chair. And the scriptwriters seem to have completely forgotten he works at the bookies. They've only ever had two people working there, so why do they need Big Ears to work there now too?
  • Options
    chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see the tram was running across the viaduct in last night's intro.....

Wasn't really looking before, but when was that particular start sequence first run?

We can only assume that the trams AREN'T running,as we'd hear them in every shot, like we did before the crash, so is that an SOR?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where on Earth did John's mental health problems come from? No sign of them at all until he was sitting in the Doctor's chair. And the scriptwriters seem to have completely forgotten he works at the bookies. They've only ever had two people working there, so why do they need Big Ears to work there now too?
    I've been wondering what happened to John working at the bookies, as well. Has the bookies just not been opened at all since the accident, then? I mean, Leanne has been preoccupied with Peter and John has had the baby in intensive care - I can well imagine that neither of them would have been that bothered about keeping the business open, but on the other hand they should both need the money. Just a line of dialogue somewhere along the line would have been good - like the other day when John made that crack to Fiz about a few shifts in the bookies not exactly being a career, he could have mentioned that he didn't even have that much with his boss being in hospital or something, or that he didn't have time to run the place full-time and single-handed with the baby so poorly, or something. Or Leanne could have mentioned that she can't keep the place open by herself but can't force John to work when he needs to be with Fiz and the baby.

On the other hand, I think they have been subtly building up to John cracking under the stress of it all - it has been clear for a while that he was struggling to cope with the guilt and deception. If he's not been sleeping well, that will have had a cumulative effect and be gradually getting worse, hence why he's in more of a state this week than last.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chestfield wrote: »
    I see the tram was running across the viaduct in last night's intro.....

Wasn't really looking before, but when was that particular start sequence first run?

We can only assume that the trams AREN'T running,as we'd hear them in every shot, like we did before the crash, so is that an SOR?

The opening titles aren't really considered canon. The trams are no longer running as there is no rail track or viaduct for them to run on.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Yes, except Becky's probably emptied it again for herself (how else does she manage to wear a different designer t-shirt in every flaming episode?)

I think Becky is strictly Primark.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think Becky is strictly Primark.

I was about to post something similar. Her garb looks like it's been stolen from the back of a lorry at Weatherfield market. I don't think this is the root of Steve's financial woes and it'd be a big SOR if it was!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tracey has also acquired a pretty substancial wardrobe considering she's only been out for two days

where was Simon when the Barlows were having tea and Nick came in?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    stevepjk wrote: »
    Tracey has also acquired a substancial wardrome considering she's been an ex con for two days

She and Deridre clearly took some time out to hit the boxing day sales on Weatherfield high street in between taking the moral high ground over Amy the Mute :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may be missing something here though but how can Tracey prove that they bought Max, it's only something Amy overhead and told her, and Becky's sister can deny it, after all she wont want to get caught or get saddled with her child again.
    Also couldn't Dreadful Deirdre and Ken see that Amy is really suffering and doesn't want to stay with them? What awful people!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talking of Amy talking, and this infuriates me with some soap children

WHY DO THEY HAVE TO TALK LIKE TODDLERS! :mad:

Amy is six, most six year olds do not talk like they have just graduated out of nappies unless they have some speach impairement or learning difficulty,

"What do you fink weccles, do you fink mummy will let me go home?"

Max talks more realistic as a four year old than Amy does with her enforced baby speak, you can tell she's putting it on and it's not how the child really talks
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cj1234 wrote: »
    I may be missing something here though but how can Tracey prove that they bought Max, it's only something Amy overhead and told her, and Becky's sister can deny it, after all she wont want to get caught or get saddled with her child again.

I did think that, but if if the police were suspiciious they may also contact Social Services, who maybe concerned why his mother has seemingly abandoned her kid. Also if the same SS woman came round to Becky, there would be the confusion about when Becky pretended she was Kylie.
This discussion has been closed.