SKYtvFREAK wrote: »
    Although, posting at exactly 1am wasn't done on purpose :o
    How do you manage to post by accident?
  • Options
    Radio RuderhamRadio Ruderham Posts: 13,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're missing the fact ITV1+1 is launching on 11/1/11 ;)

Although, posting at exactly 1am wasn't done on purpose :o

Captured;) You work for the ITV promo dept.:p:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas to everyone here on the S&SWNT
    :)
    Hope you all had a good time with friends and family and heres to the New Year and all the new things around the corner, including Sky Atlantic/HD :D

Oh yeah, today will be attempt number 2 for Sky+HD but the flat roof is still thick with snow (more like ice now) and the conditions are actually worse than last Tuesday :(

May well be 3rd time lucky in the New Year :(

try getting some grit and putting it up there or maybe some hot water to melt it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen the first promo on Sky News for Sky Atlantic coming in February
  • Options
    SKYtvFREAKSKYtvFREAK Posts: 2,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nufc4life wrote: »
    try getting some grit and putting it up there or maybe some hot water to melt it

Didn't need to do anything. The guy turned up and done exactly what I wanted and he didn't even need to drill a new hole!

Now got Sky+HD (It's an Amstrad box if you were wondering!)and a free new dish as well. And he got given a bottle of whisky from my mum as a thank you! He told my mum he was determined to do the job as the snow/icy roof was a problem – he discussed the situation with his manager, who wasn’t keen on him doing it but said only do it if you think you can safely.
    Oh and he told my mum how knowledgeable I was for a 19 year old - if only he knew what internet forums I post on ;):p
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Didn't need to do anything. The guy turned up and done exactly what I wanted and he didn't even need to drill a new hole!

Now got Sky+HD (It's an Amstrad box if you were wondering!)and a free new dish as well. And he got given a bottle of whisky from my mum as a thank you! He told my mum he was determined to do the job as the snow/icy roof was a problem – he discussed the situation with his manager, who wasn’t keen on him doing it but said only do it if you think you can safely.
    Oh and he told my mum how knowledgeable I was for a 19 year old - if only he knew what internet forums I post on ;):p

I'm glad it worked out for you in the end :) Are you enjoying your HD channels so far?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky today announced its Sky+ App for iPad is available on the App Store. Now, iPad users with a Sky+ or Sky+HD set-top box can search for and record their favourite programmes no matter where they are in the world.

The Sky+ App has many great features, including a highlights showcase section where customers can find the top programmes of the day available on Sky TV – whether it's a movie premiere of the week, a big sporting clash or the latest must see drama –as well as a new recommendations engine that suggests similar programmes to watch based on what the user is currently watching and recording. The easy-to-use app also gives customers access to Sky's seven-day Electronic Programme Guide (EPG), where they can browse listings by time, day, genre, programme name or specifically by what's showing in HD. Once users have picked a show, they can simply tap the record button and their favourite programme will be set to record on their home set-top box. More
  • Options
    swillsswills Posts: 4,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit like the Android app ? That does 7 days too

Don't know about the iphone version, but the Android is a brilliant app:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad it worked out for you in the end :) Are you enjoying your HD channels so far?

Yeah! Just trying to get used to the new EPG. Can't believe Sky HD has been out since 2006. A lot has certainly changed in 4 years.

One thing I would say is that it's a shame theres no EPG music! Still got the 9 year old Pace still going strong and the 5 year old Thomson for that :cool:
  • Options
    blueplatinumblueplatinum Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky today announced its Sky+ App for iPad is available on the App Store. Now, iPad users with a Sky+ or Sky+HD set-top box can search for and record their favourite programmes no matter where they are in the world.

The Sky+ App has many great features, including a highlights showcase section where customers can find the top programmes of the day available on Sky TV – whether it's a movie premiere of the week, a big sporting clash or the latest must see drama –as well as a new recommendations engine that suggests similar programmes to watch based on what the user is currently watching and recording. The easy-to-use app also gives customers access to Sky's seven-day Electronic Programme Guide (EPG), where they can browse listings by time, day, genre, programme name or specifically by what's showing in HD. Once users have picked a show, they can simply tap the record button and their favourite programme will be set to record on their home set-top box. More
    Would be nice if they added Slingbox like functionality to stream Sky+ HD content from your home to the iPad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The KA-SAT satellite of Eutelsat Communications has been successfully lofted into orbit by a Proton Breeze M rocket supplied by ILS. Lift-off of Eutelsat’s 6.1 tonne satellite took place on 26th December at 21.51 UTC. After a 9-hour 12-minute flight, the launcher released KA-SAT into geosynchronous transfer orbit. Acquisition of the satellite’s telemetry signal by Eutelsat’s control centre at the Rambouillet teleport, and the partial deployment of the solar arrays have already been successfully completed. More
  • Options
    obrienmichael05obrienmichael05 Posts: 3,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The KA-SAT satellite of Eutelsat Communications has been successfully lofted into orbit by a Proton Breeze M rocket supplied by ILS. Lift-off of Eutelsat’s 6.1 tonne satellite took place on 26th December at 21.51 UTC. After a 9-hour 12-minute flight, the launcher released KA-SAT into geosynchronous transfer orbit. Acquisition of the satellite’s telemetry signal by Eutelsat’s control centre at the Rambouillet teleport, and the partial deployment of the solar arrays have already been successfully completed. More
    RTE plan to use one of the narrow spot beams on this satellite to launch Saorsat which will cover parts of the country that can't receive it's DTT service Saorview when it fully launches around May 2011.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,258
    Forum Member
    Just seen the first promo on Sky News for Sky Atlantic coming in February

yeah epg 108 when it starts ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pkc wrote: »
    yeah epg 108 when it starts ;)

Let the reshuffle begin!!;)

Sky Atlantic Promo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Let the reshuffle begin!!;)

No mention of Sky2 & Sky3 moving elsewhere..

Yeah seen promo.. Won't be long before they charge extra for it... Close down 6 channels, add 2 new ones and say Hey we've increase our prices by 5% to compensate :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah seen promo.. Won't be long before they charge extra for it... Close down 6 channels, add 2 new ones and say Hey we've increase our prices by 5% to compensate :)

and who was it said you were an old cynic?;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    and who was it said you were an old cynic?;)

Don't know.. didn't I win an award on here several years back :)
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you see Sky closing more channels? Doubt it.

I expect them to reuse most if not all of these channel positions. Sky1+1 is another possibility. (Saying that I'm sure I read Challenge Jackpot won't be).

They have also not announced if Living Loves becomes 'Sky Living Loves' yet. I expect another rebrand.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Yeah! Just trying to get used to the new EPG. Can't believe Sky HD has been out since 2006. A lot has certainly changed in 4 years.

One thing I would say is that it's a shame theres no EPG music! Still got the 9 year old Pace still going strong and the 5 year old Thomson for that :cool:

I'm glad you're pleased with it. I'm sure you'll get used to the new EPG. Have fun :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I can't see Sky charging extra until they introduce Sky Atlantic 3D (98% of programmes converted from 2D to 3D) :)
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To be fair the new EPG is only a year or two old.

In 2006 Sky HD launched with the old EPG. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know.. didn't I win an award on here several years back :)

Absolutley:D PMSL!!!!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do you see Sky closing more channels? Doubt it.

I expect them to reuse most if not all of these channel positions. Sky1+1 is another possibility. (Saying that I'm sure I read Challenge Jackpot won't be).

They have also not announced if Living Loves becomes 'Sky Living Loves' yet. I expect another rebrand.

Who knows with sky.. I still can't understand why they would close a house hold name such as Bravo, but hopefully Bravo (usa) will take it over and bring it back.

So from what I can gather... All these are closing: Channel 1 & +1, Bravo 1 & +1, Bravo 2, Living it & +1, Living & +1 & HD, Living Loves, Challenge Jackpot. (12 channels Slots)

And being replace with Sky Atlantic & HD, Sky Living & +1 & HD, which is from my calculations 5 channels, which leaves 5 slots spare (which I would guess will be for Sky2HD and SKY3HD)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can't see Sky charging extra until they introduce Sky Atlantic 3D (98% of programmes converted from 2D to 3D) :)

They advertised Toy Story 1, 2, and 3 in 3D.. so did they re-make 1 & 2 then.. or is this another misleading advert by Sky!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They advertised Toy Story 1, 2, and 3 in 3D.. so did they re-make 1 & 2 then.. or is this another misleading advert by Sky!

Toy Story and 2 were re-released in 3D in October 2009 and January 2010 to mark the release of Toy Story 3
This discussion has been closed.