Options

Full house at the Barlows' again

zombie woofzombie woof Posts: 6,906
Forum Member
I know this comes up from time to time. But we now have Ken, Deirdre, A crippled Peter, Leanne, Tracy and Amy all living in a two up two down. Where do they all sleep?

Comments

• Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Barlow house is in fact a spare Tardis given to them by a one Doctor Carter.

Seriously, Ken and Deirdre share a room (horrible thought), Amy and Simon Share a room, Leanne and Peter have the front parlour and Tracy lives in a kennal that Ken bought and put in the back yard.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget Simon :eek:;)

And I have no idea. Don't Leanne and Peter sleep in Blanche's bedroom, Tracey and Amy may sleep together as do Ken and Deirdre, Simon, Presumably sleeping with Leanne and Peter. It must be squished.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    You forgot Simon!!! :eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and the dog (Eccles is he still there?)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ha Ha, I forgot about Simon! As callumfreeman said, the thought of Ken and Deirdre sharing a room is enough to send a shiver down the spine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Barlow house is in fact a spare Tardis given to them by a one Doctor Carter.

Seriously, Ken and Deirdre share a room (horrible thought), Amy and Simon Share a room, Leanne and Peter have the front parlour and Tracy lives in a kennal that Ken bought and put in the back yard.

:D As he kicked Eccles out for her? Or does he get his own bed now days?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They all seem to wander down the stairs in their dressing gowns. Have they had a loft conversion? Mind you all the lofts are linked up in that terrace aren't they.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D As he kicked Eccles out for her? Or does he get his own bed now days?

Eccles gets his own bed. Probably has the other room upstairs done up for him.
  • Options
    jagged_deathjagged_death Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Do the terraced houses have front rooms that we never see? Why don't characters use them? I can understand it at the Barlow as it was Blanche's bedroom but why did the Webster never use their front room when lived across the street?

Also are Dev & Fiz places knocked through so that they just have one large living room?

Also how many bedroom does the Webster house have? I was watching the last episode and Sophie was talking about how Sian can share with her now that Rosie has moved out. Does that mean that Sophie has been sharing with Rosie for all these months?

Also Eileen's place, are they using the front room as a bedroom there otherwise how do they all fit in?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do the house have front rooms that we never see? Why don't characters use them? I can understand it at the Barlow as it was Blanche's bedroom but why did the Webster never use their front room when lived across the street?

Also are Dev & Fiz places knocked through so that they just have one large living room?

Also how many bedroom does the Webster house have? I was watching the last episode and Sophie was talking about how Sian can share with her now that Rosie has moved out. Does that mean that Sophie has been sharing with Rosie for all these months?

Also Eileen's place, are they using the front room as a bedroom there otherwise how do they all fit in?

The front room is where Sean sleeps.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The terraced houses are just the old fashioned two up two down, like I was brought up in. One room and a kitchen. two small rooms upstairs, with a small bathroom shoved in somewhere. originally those houses would have had an outside loo.

The Websters' is a small 3 bedroomed house. The third bedroom, is what they used to call a 'box' room with the stairs cutting a slope in the corner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The front room is where Sean sleeps.
    Those houses don't have front rooms.

Edit-

I've actually just read that the front parlour has been converted into a bedsit for Sean. Quite frankly I don't believe it, I don't understand how it can be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The terraced houses are just the old fashioned two up two down, like I was brought up in. One room and a kitchen. two small rooms upstairs, with a small bathroom shoved in somewhere. originally those houses would have had an outside loo.

The Websters' is a small 3 bedroomed house. The third bedroom, is what they used to call a 'box' room with the stairs cutting a slope in the corner.

Well thats another instance of the house being tardis like since we have seen Sophie's bedroom and it certainly wasn't a box room and I can't believe that Rosie would go in the box room.

I am guessing that when the Websters were across the street they used the front room as a bedroom?

They don't have these type of terraces in my area, is it normal practice to use the front room as a bedroom?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't Simon in with Leanne and Peter now? So it'd be them in the front room, K&D in a room, and amy and tracey in a room. Personally if I was Leanne I woulda just let Tracey live in the flat for the time being. I know it'd suck having someone like that around your things but it'd better than living with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Isn't Simon in with Leanne and Peter now? So it'd be them in the front room, K&D in a room, and amy and tracey in a room. Personally if I was Leanne I woulda just let Tracey live in the flat for the time being. I know it'd suck having someone like that around your things but it'd better than living with it.

Yes but imagine the trouble she would have getting her out. Tracey would probably refuse to budge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes but imagine the trouble she would have getting her out. Tracey would probably refuse to budge.

If I were Deidre think I'd be asking to move into the flat (alone)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If I were Deidre think I'd be asking to move into the flat (alone)

I'm surprised that Ken hasn't asked either. Actually now that I think about it why didn't K&D offer to do a temp house swap while Peter was recovering, then both would have more space.
  • Options
    MarzBar85MarzBar85 Posts: 15,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Websters: Rawise and Sawphie are sharing and Sian is on her own. Sally said when Sian moved in that she didn't like the idea of the two girls sharing a room.

Barlows: I'm assuming that now Tracy (and Amy) are back, they're sharing what was Curly Simon's room, and Curly Simon has to bunk in with his Dad and Lea in Blanche's old room.

Dev/Fiz: Yes they've had their front rooms 'knocked through' so there's a similar layout in both houses. In Dev's it's made to feel much more spacious and luxurious (notice how the 'shop/factory' bosses, people high up in businesses which live in that house. The Battersby's is more cramped.

Eileen: Eileen is in one room, Jason's in another with Rawsie, Sean is in the downstairs room (which is the 'Blanche' style room in the Barlow household.

Emily: Nozza in one room, Emily in another, and I'm assuming Reets takes the downstairs room.

I think Emily, Eileen, Barlows, Peacocks all have(had) the same layout of house. Why Dev and Fiz are different though...?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Are floor plans for the houses available anywhere? I can't believe that those terraced houses have three bedrooms.

I don't understand where these extra front parlours are. Those houses just look like the house I was brought up in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MarzBar85 wrote: »
    Websters: Rawise and Sawphie are sharing and Sian is on her own. Sally said when Sian moved in that she didn't like the idea of the two girls sharing a room.

Barlows: I'm assuming that now Tracy (and Amy) are back, they're sharing what was Curly Simon's room, and Curly Simon has to bunk in with his Dad and Lea in Blanche's old room.

Dev/Fiz: Yes they've had their front rooms 'knocked through' so there's a similar layout in both houses. In Dev's it's made to feel much more spacious and luxurious (notice how the 'shop/factory' bosses, people high up in businesses which live in that house. The Battersby's is more cramped.

Eileen: Eileen is in one room, Jason's in another with Rawsie, Sean is in the downstairs room (which is the 'Blanche' style room in the Barlow household.

Emily: Nozza in one room, Emily in another, and I'm assuming Reets takes the downstairs room.

I think Emily, Eileen, Barlows, Peacocks all have(had) the same layout of house. Why Dev and Fiz are different though...?

This is pretty much what I though. As for the different layout I guess somebody altered them as some stage because they wanted a bigger living room. I can't recall if or when they changed, perhapse someone else can enlighten us.
  • Options
    Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are floor plans for the houses available anywhere? I can't believe that those terraced houses have three bedrooms.

They don't as such. The original houses (not the side that the Websters and Gail live) are traditional two-up, two down houses with a scullery (now used as a kitchen).

In some houses (Barlows and Eileens) the front room is used as a bedroom.

Least in Corrie they don't have more people than can possibly live in the house staying (I'm thinking Pat's house in Enders).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kaz159 wrote: »
    They don't as such. The original houses (not the side that the Websters and Gail live) are traditional two-up, two down houses with a scullery (now used as a kitchen).

In some houses (Barlows and Eileens) the front room is used as a bedroom.

Least in Corrie they don't have more people than can possibly live in the house staying (I'm thinking Pat's house in Enders).

Gail's house always looks spacious from the outside yet all we ever see is a tiny kitchen and sitting room
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is pretty much what I though. As for the different layout I guess somebody altered them as some stage because they wanted a bigger living room. I can't recall if or when they changed, perhapse someone else can enlighten us.

Claire and Ashley seemed to have a full 'knock through' when they moved into the Webster's old house, ie the scullery/kitchen and the 2 rooms.

I'm not sure when Fiz's or where Dev and Sunitta were done.

Fiz's layout does seem smaller than Dev's but that may be because the kitchen bit is still separate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gail's house always looks spacious from the outside yet all we ever see is a tiny kitchen and sitting room

I think that's because she has a garage. I presume that one of the bedrooms is over the garage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kaz159 wrote: »
    I think the Barlow's have definitely pushed that rule a few times.

I can't speak for the EE, I haven't watched in over 20 years. My girlfriend at the time used to watch it, but I found myself actually getting depressed, so I stopped. Even now if I turn over and it's on I feel a dark cloud descending.