Options

The Aiden Grimshaw Appreciation Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So #heynowsignmrgrimshaw is trending :). Lol i feel as though every time i log onto twitter , there's always an aiden-related tweet trending! I'm so used to it now!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are we still gonna try and post at least 100 posts by the new year? To try and get a part four? I think we might be able to manage it...:p maybe :)

Lol yes yes yes! Time to spam this thread :D!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aliyah101 wrote: »
    So #heynowsignmrgrimshaw is trending :). Lol i feel as though every time i log onto twitter , there's always an aiden-related tweet trending! I'm so used to it now!

Same with me, I hardly helped with trending today. I actually think #grimlings could keep it up for a long time. I clicked on the trend to see what everyone was saying and one guy was like 'please just sign him, I'm bored of this trending!'. :eek:
  • Options
    LittleNothingLittleNothing Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have been trying to avoid positng in the anti aiden threads on the mf (I love a good debate so its been hard stopping myself) then read a wtf! comment about Rufus Wainwright not being "a great singer" :confused: and before I could stop myself....

:o but thats my last I promise. spiralstatic I saw your post and it was wonderful and always good to have an excuse to listen to Chasing Cars again :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol yes yes yes! Time to spam this thread !
    Whooo! Must still be Aiden related, how about a series of question which we have to answer? Umm.....Do you prefer Aidens hair ummm.... as a quiff or a fringe?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whooo! Must still be Aiden related, how about a series of question which we have to answer? Umm.....Do you prefer Aidens hair ummm.... as a quiff or a fringe?

He looks great in anything, but my favourite would have to be the 'messy quiff', he looks amazing and I think it emphasizes his perfect face. Oh and can I add I did NOT like Aiden tanned like in some live shows, I prefer him pale and at times he looked orange. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I loveeed his hair in Nothing Compares 2 U , he looked absolutely stunning during that performance, having said that I also think he looked gorgeous during his This Morning interview after his elimination, his quiff wasnt as erect, mid-floppy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He looks great in anything, but my favourite would have to be the 'messy quiff', he looks amazing and I think it emphasizes his perfect face. Oh and can I add I did NOT like Aiden tanned like in some live shows, I prefer him pale and at times he looked orange. :o

I think he looks very hot with or without a tan myself :cool: as long as he isnt straying into Alex Reid/Gavin Henson territory, he can carry a tan of very well.

He is tanned up and rocking the open cardie no t-shirt look in this video and he looks spectacularly hot.
    and yes Aiden I agree James Dean and Elvis where some hot pieces off ass :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zq_oD7QNps
    lol at Matt "mr heterosexual" Cardel chipping in "you are aware they are both guys you just mentioned" :rolleyes:
    ;):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he looks very hot with or without a tan myself :cool: as long as he isnt straying into Alex Reid/Gavin Henson territory, he can carry a tan of very well.

He is tanned up and rocking the open cardie no t-shirt look in this video and he looks spectacularly hot.
    and yes Aiden I agree James Dean and Elvis where some hot pieces off ass :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zq_oD7QNps
    lol at Matt "mr heterosexual" Cardel chipping in "you are aware they are both guys you just mentioned" :rolleyes:
    ;):)

Lol @ watching back on that video. I remember that there was a huge thread on the MF cause people assumed Aidens "gaydar" was broken cause of that comment, but it's so funny that we now know that Aiden calls everyone a hot piece of ass, it's just part of his humor and personality :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol @ watching back on that video. I remember that there was a huge thread on the MF cause people assumed Aidens "gaydar" was broken cause of that comment, but it's so funny that we now know that Aiden calls everyone a hot piece of ass, it's just part of his humor and personality :p

he hasnt called me a hot piece of ass :(

;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    michelleb wrote: »
    He definitely captured the mood of Jealous Guy while performing it - now whether that was because he was so obviously disappointed in himself or not we'll never know, but he definitely makes you feel the song with that performance. If only it went on for a little longer as he really was amazing the second half of the performance, unfortunately the detractors can't see past the couple of duff notes towards the beginning.

And, yes, the suit was good :D When he's stood listening to the judges comments afterward, although he looks a little bit broken for some of them, I still can't help but think that he looks totally beautiful - some of the stills from then are some of my fave pictures of him. (Sorry, got a bit fangirly!)

Yep, unfortunately some people let minor faults overshadow the whole picture. To be honest, when I listen back to the song now I don't even hear the duff notes; I think it's because I can enjoy it more and I'm not nervous listening to it like I was when he was on the live shows. And once you kind of accept there will be some dodgy notes, you don't seem to notice them as much...does that make sense? :p

I'm a huge fan of the suit to ;) He looked gorgeous!

On a side note: I love how well Aiden's doing on the poll asking what X Factor contestants music you'd buy. I believe he's coming second?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, unfortunately some people let minor faults overshadow the whole picture. To be honest, when I listen back to the song now I don't even hear the duff notes; I think it's because I can enjoy it more and I'm not nervous listening to it like I was when he was on the live shows. And once you kind of accept there will be some dodgy notes, you don't seem to notice them as much...does that make sense? :p

On a side note: I love how well Aiden's doing on the poll asking what X Factor contestants music you'd buy. I believe he's coming second?

Yep, he's only a few votes behind Matt. Alot of people (fans and nonfans alike) would be interested to hear what he releases, hopefully he will be given a chance to! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If you listen to the song on itunes, I believe it sounds better because we don't have Aidens sad little face distracting us.

Yep Aidens fixed on 2nd, not far behind Matt actually :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen these 'I <3 Aiden Grimshaw' sweatshirts on ebay, is it wrong I'm actually considering getting one? Theres underwear too! :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you listen to the song on itunes, I believe it sounds better because we don't have Aidens sad little face distracting us.

Yep Aidens fixed on 2nd, not far behind Matt actually :)

Is it weird that when I read that it made me a little bit sad - just imagning how he must have felt at that particular moment :cry:

To answer the important question of whether I prefer his quiff floppy and erect I think I agree with lovely Aiden himelf that it's floppy when it needs to be floppy and erect when it needs to be erect, to try and choose between the two would be impossible! ;) (Alright, my fave look is the messy quiff too)
  • Options
    mistyellemistyelle Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning! Yeah we all probably went bit overboard with the worrying. I dreamt of Aiden and Matt duetting last night (I'm not crazy! :p) and it was weird to say the least, growling was involved.

I was just playing justdance2 on the wii today to the song toxic, I want to hear Aiden's version! There is a petition going around to hear him sing it and theres already 120 signatures so there is some hope!

last week i had a dream about Aiden..we were 2 misunderstood teens on the run (dont know what we'd done tho)
    i was preggars and he was fighting to stand by me:confused: and for some reason he looked like the 'monkey face' and I had long flowing black hair!!! :confused::confused::D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think Aiden can work the hair with or without quiff! My favourite look ever for him is probably Thriller or Diamonds are forever and they were both quiff looks! But I think his hair also looked really good at the msn interview (the flirty one;).

Next question, 5 favourite performances from Aiden out of all of his gigs/twitvids/x factor

1) Thriller on the show
    2) Mad World on the show/ This year's love bootcamp
    3) Chasing cars school gig
    4) Bonkers at gig
    5) Use somebody/Mr Brightside video
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hi everyone, just catching up after my first day back at work yuck :(

yep, we did all worry a lot last night about the trending / contact record companies. I was worried even though i didn't post a message - however i now truly believe that the trending is a really good thing, keeps Aiden's profile up (v important) and hopefully makes Aiden feel that he is popular and more confident (vv important as the industry is so cut throat)

i think the tweeting of the newspaper and magazines was great and am really please that ok ran with it. I do agree though that while record companies need to know he has a fan base spamming's not good. Absolutley nowt to worry about though and only cause to feel postive, i think it was reading the comments on the MF that did it to us :( Although Aiden being 2nd to Matt on the poll of who's music would you buy is fab :) also lots of names on their that i don't know from here which is good as it shows he has more supporters xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok my 5 faves out of all of them (God this is soooo hard)!!

1) Mad world on the show
    2) Chasing cars video
    3) Cannonball/This Years love in that talktalk event (srry cant choose)
    4) Nothing Compares 2 U on the show
    5) Jealous Guy during Judges Houses (I know we didnt see it, but I KNOW a note perfect version would sound phenomenal) ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spunk_1 wrote: »
    I think Aiden can work the hair with or without quiff! My favourite look ever for him is probably Thriller or Diamonds are forever and they were both quiff looks! But I think his hair also looked really good at the msn interview (the flirty one;).

Next question, 5 favourite performances from Aiden out of all of his gigs/twitvids/x factor

1) Thriller on the show
    2) Mad World on the show/ This year's love bootcamp
    3) Chasing cars school gig
    4) Bonkers at gig
    5) Use somebody/Mr Brightside video

haha, to wade into the hair debate - i equally love erect and floppy :eek:

i have recently put all the Aiden songs on my ipod and i would say my faves are: 1)Mr Brightside/Use somebody 2)Don't dream it's over and 3)Nothing compares

had to make myself stop there otherwise i would just list them all which kind of defeats the point of it (they would all tie for no1 if i'm being honest!!) :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok my 5 faves out of all of them (God this is soooo hard)!!

1) Mad world on the show
    2) Chasing cars video
    3) Cannonball/This Years love in that talktalk event (srry cant choose)
    4) Nothing Compares 2 U on the show
    5) Jealous Guy during Judges Houses (I know we didnt see it, but I KNOW a note perfect version would sound phenomenal) ;)

Oh no, just did my top three and now can't believe i didnt include Jealous Guy, Mad World or This years love :rolleyes: see what i mean about having a joint fave of about 10 songs!!!! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mistyelle wrote: »
    last week i had a dream about Aiden..we were 2 misunderstood teens on the run (dont know what we'd done tho)
    i was preggars and he was fighting to stand by me:confused: and for some reason he looked like the 'monkey face' and I had long flowing black hair!!! :confused::confused::D

Wow that's a pretty weird but funny dream! :D Aiden had to growl in the duet in my dream as the producers wanted to contrast it with Matt doing non stop falsetto. And they were standing way apart from one another which wasn't so good. :p I don't even remember what they were singing though. :(

EDIT: top 5?! Will have to have a good think about that!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lucyg1980 wrote: »
    Oh no, just did my top three and now can't believe i didnt include Jealous Guy, Mad World or This years love :rolleyes: see what i mean about having a joint fave of about 10 songs!!!! :o

Lol i know what you mean, i find it so hard listing them cause i love them all. I go through periods of being obsessed with one performance, so Ive measured my top 5 in the length of time ive been obsessed with a single performance lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow that's a pretty weird but funny dream! :D Aiden had to growl in the duet in my dream as the producers wanted to contrast it with Matt doing non stop falsetto. And they were standing way apart from one another which wasn't so good. :p I don't even remember what they were singing though. :(

EDIT: top 5?! Will have to have a good think about that!

Lmao growl...how bizarre! Lol *thinks of Matt during his Come Together performance*:p
This discussion has been closed.