Options

Doctor Who Fans (Part Tennant)

Comments

• Options
    Tigger-RooTigger-Roo Posts: 10,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    all fish even the little tiny ones :( its called ichthyophobia

But it is not just reserved for fish though....whales and dolphins too...(dolphins especially, too smart)

Wow, I have never heard of that. Guess we won't be seeing you in any aquariums then. :eek:
  • Options
    dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tigger-Roo wrote: »
    Wow, I have never heard of that. Guess we won't be seeing you in any aquariums then. :eek:

lol i cant even go near a small fish tank so an aquarium is a no no :o

Edit: And shrimps....i hate shrimps too lol

So yeah i whimpered like a baby most of the way through ACC. Not even going to mention the scream (and tears) when the shark appeared in Kazrans bedroom
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    all fish even the little tiny ones :( its called ichthyophobia

But it is not just reserved for fish though....whales and dolphins too...(dolphins especially, too smart)

I don't like fish either but only to eat - I have a phobia about bones!

The highlight of my holiday in Scotland was that I saw porpoise in Loch Duich and for the first time in seven years of visiting dolphins on the Moray Coast. I'd really love to see a whale. Just the sight of the blue whale in Planet Earth made me cry. I get quite emotional about whales as well as Wales.:)
  • Options
    WelshNigeWelshNige Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So yeah i whimpered like a baby most of the way through ACC. Not even going to mention the scream (and tears) when the shark appeared in Kazrans bedroom

Talking about tears, how were you feeling at about 6pm on Monday.....;):D:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WelshNige wrote: »
    Talking about tears, how were you feeling at about 6pm on Monday.....;):D:p

*fingers in ears* la la la la la i'm not listening

:mad::mad:

James Jones deserved the man of the match award. :D

Seriously though we were comprehensively beaten. But JJ spoiled what could have been a great game of rugby (or even greater game for your lot)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What are you like at the seaside Gem? Do you go near the sea?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tigger-Roo wrote: »
    What are you like at the seaside Gem? Do you go near the sea?

Noooo not any more
    Used to do a lot of waterskiing and wakeboarding as a kid until a friend of mine had his leg bitten by a pike (scar the size of an Orange)

Naturally fish coming OUT of the water (a la Christmas Carol) scare the living shit out of me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noooo not any more
    Used to do a lot of waterskiing and wakeboarding as a kid until a friend of mine had his leg bitten by a pike (scar the size of an Orange)

Naturally fish coming OUT of the water (a la Christmas Carol) scare the living shit out of me

Ahh enough to put anyone off I should think. :eek::(
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that should be used in all topics :D

i intend to use it frequently in certain circumstances from now on...;)

I see there have been a lot of fishy goings on in this thread today...:p
  • Options
    outsideoutside Posts: 5,610
    Forum Member
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    I see there have been a lot of fishy goings on in this thread today...:p

I only caught the tail end of them. I read some of the complaicent comments and felt a bit eel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    outside wrote: »
    I only caught the tail end of them. I read some of the complaicent comments and felt a bit eel.

Tee hee! :D

not only do i feel a bit eel, but in a jelled kind of way! :D
  • Options
    outsideoutside Posts: 5,610
    Forum Member
    Tee hee! :D

not only do i feel a bit eel, but in a jelled kind of way! :D

You'll soon be having a whale of a time, though.

(I think I'm channelling Webby with all these puns - and you'd batter believe it!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Steven Moffat said that he used to have nightmares of sharks coming out of the water and after him, which is what inspired the sharks/fish idea in ACC - so you're not alone :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steven Moffat said that he used to have nightmares of sharks coming out of the water and after him, which is what inspired the sharks/fish idea in ACC - so you're not alone :D

hmm wonder if that had anything to do with Jaws...;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmm wonder if that had anything to do with Jaws...;)

He said it was when he was learning about evolution at school and then he imagined them evolving to come out of the water after him, but I imagine Jaws probably cranked that up a gear ;) I've never seen Jaws - is it scary? All I know is that it's about a big shark lol. This is when my general knowledge really starts to show ;)

Poor Steven though, he said in Confidential: "I genuinley used to believe there was a shark in my room" - I sort of wanted to singger at the time, but felt bad for doing so :o:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    outside wrote: »
    You'll soon be having a whale of a time, though.

as long as i don't end up blubbering then it's all good! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never seen Jaws - is it scary?

The first Jaws film is a tense affair, with some really jump-out-of-your skin moments, but it's not scary scary, though it will make you nervous of going back in to the water again..;)

You should watch it, one of Speilbergs best films...:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first Jaws film is a tense affair, with some really jump-out-of-your skin moments, but it's not scary scary, though it will make you nervous of going back in to the water again..;)

You should watch it, one of Speilbergs best films...:)

Yes I should get round to watching it sometime, along with Back to the Future - never seen it, yet would like to. Also, I said I would watch a version of the original A Christmas Carol this year and didn't...one for next year maybe :p

Talking of A Christmas Carol, I've not mentioned it anywhere, but I think Laurence who played young Kazran was absolutely fantastic in the role! Really strong addition to the cast :)
    Strangely, at times when children are involved in DW, I feel the show is sometimes at its most grown up. I think ACC dealt with a lot of adult issues ~ terminal illness, abusive parents. Made the episode quite strong I feel..:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talking of A Christmas Carol, I've not mentioned it anywhere, but I think Laurence who played young Kazran was absolutely fantastic in the role! Really strong addition to the cast :)
    Strangely, at times when children are involved in DW, I feel the show is sometimes at its most grown up. I think ACC dealt with a lot of adult issues ~ terminal illness, abusive parents. Made the episode quite strong I feel..:)

They do seem to find some terrific young actors and actress for the show (excepting the lass in Fear Her, who, bless her, was not terribly good..:o )
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was watching Turn Left/Stolen Earth/Journey's End today with my friend (and a small army of toy figures laid out for the story).

Watching Davros' rant about the reality bomb, I quoted his lines in Genesis of the Daleks back to my friend, "If I could hold in my hand a capsule that contained such power, to know that life and death on such a scale was my choice, to know that the tiny pressure on my thumb would end...everything. Yes- I would do it. That power would set me up above the gods. And through the Daleks I shall have that power!!"

The reality bomb is that power, to end everything.

And who gave him the original idea? The Doctor.

Whoops!

Now in Journey's End he accuses the Doctor of making companions into soldiers and weapons. With the loss of Donna, the Doctor seems to take this to heart and travels on alone. But this leads to the Time Lord Victorious and his eventual regeneration.

My friend, only semi-seriously, reckons the 4th Doctor's intervention in Genesis indirectly leads to the 10th's regeneration. So it's the Doctor's own fault.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I should get round to watching it sometime, along with Back to the Future - never seen it, yet would like to. Also, I said I would watch a version of the original A Christmas Carol this year and didn't...one for next year maybe :p

You could probably get Back to the Future on DVD quite cheaply as a new copy on blu-ray has just come out, supplanting it.

Lots of people have ACC favourites, for a straight forward close adaption of the original text, I enjoy a 1999 version with Patrick Stewart. After that, there's so many variations from the Muppets, musical versions etc.

Then there's the Bill Murray film Scrooged which riffs on the tale, set at a TV station making a version of ACC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They do seem to find some terrific young actors and actress for the show (excepting the lass in Fear Her, who, bless her, was not terribly good..:o )

Actually, this topic came up on another thread and I didn't notice her acting too much - I'll look out for that in future.

Talking of Fear Her, on my rewatch, I rated Fear Her, Love and Monsters and Voyage of the Damned very highly and I have no idea why :confused: I don't particularly like them (especially Voyage). Shouldn't have to worry about when to vote them off in the survivor though, I imagine others will take care of that for me ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Brig wrote: »
    You could probably get Back to the Future on DVD quite cheaply as a new copy on blu-ray has just come out, supplanting it.

Lots of people have ACC favourites, for a straight forward close adaption of the original text, I enjoy a 1999 version with Patrick Stewart. After that, there's so many variations from the Muppets, musical versions etc.

Then there's the Bill Murray film Scrooged which riffs on the tale, set at a TV station making a version of ACC.

Oh, that's interesting Brig thanks for the DVD info! :)

I was actually wondering which version of ACC to watch - the Patrick Stewart one is probably the one I'll go for if I ever remember :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thank god i am going to be away for a few days, there will now be days of discussion about viewing figures with the usual suspects selectively quoting figures and drawing cr*p conclusions from them. Marvellous. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thank god i am going to be away for a few days, there will now be days of discussion about viewing figures with the usual suspects selectively quoting figures and drawing cr*p conclusions from them. Marvellous. :(

You're the voice of reason on this forum and you're leaving us with the nutters, damn you! :p I'm sure we'll have great fun dealing with them over the next few days...:cool:
This discussion has been closed.