Options

Acceptance Of Gay Family Members

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    gmphmac wrote: »
    Aww, Glowbot, I'm so sorry your family are like this :(

That's one of the reasons I daren't tell my Dad I'm gay. He hates homosexuals with a passion. He's even gone as far as to say that Hitler had the right idea gassing them before now :eek:

So terrible, you shouldn't have to put up with it :(
  • Options
    currysockscurrysocks Posts: 1,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tribade wrote: »
    No idea if you're being funny. If not, then my guess is your kids would have picked up your anti gay vibes & wouldn't tell you anyway.

Like their dad, my boys are red-blooded,heterosexual males and I wouldn't tolerate anything other.

They enjoy their beer,sport,women and the occasional round of fisticuffs.

They are real men.:)
  • Options
    gmphmacgmphmac Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So terrible, you shouldn't have to put up with it :(

I know :(

We used to have this good friend of the family who tuned our piano (he was also one of my dad's best friends). When he came out, my dad completely disowned him.

I felt really awful.
  • Options
    Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    currysocks wrote: »
    Like their dad, my boys are red-blooded,heterosexual males and I wouldn't tolerate anything other.

You quoted my name. :)
  • Options
    AdsAds Posts: 37,090
    Forum Member
    My parents and friends know but haven't told my grandparents as none of them think much of gay people and I thought it best not to cause family strife. However I've decided enough is enough after fending of numerous questions from them about when I am going to get a girlfriend, have kids etc. They honestly haven't the slightest inkling I'm gay, but I am past caring now if it upsets them. My grandad really annoyed me on Christmas day by making homophobic comments about John Barryman of all people during the episode of Strictly Come Dancing!

Ultimately if they love me then they will deal with it.
  • Options
    Zero gravitasZero gravitas Posts: 12,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

For some reason this post had me giggling.:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As opposed to the gays who have pink glitter pulsing through their veins? You've got to be a wind up. If not, you've really rustled my jimmies old timer!
  • Options
    GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gmphmac wrote: »
    Aww, Glowbot, I'm so sorry your family are like this :(

That's one of the reasons I daren't tell my Dad I'm gay. He hates homosexuals with a passion. He's even gone as far as to say that Hitler had the right idea gassing them before now :eek:

ha! mine says that too. They must get it from the same book of bigots or something. :D

I really don't think they feel it about they own flesh and blood to be honest, it's just something they say. I wouldnt take it personally.

For some reason I feel like I should be defending my family or something. Like some sort of loyalty. I don't think they are bad people or that they want to torture me or it's their fault.
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mr muggles wrote: »
    I wouldnt worry about it. Im a fagatron, but my 'gaydar' is bent... I've lost track of the times I've thought someone WAS & been shocked when proven otherwise...!:p
    I'm straight and my gaydar has never worked. Plenty of times I've been watching something and said I fancy so and so and my friends and laugh say "he's gay" and I'm like "and that's why I'll never realistically get my evil way with them". Don't see why a little thing like reality should ruin my fantasy lol.

It's just as bad in real life. I have a friend and everyone else could tell instantly he was gay and it just went over my head. I told him later and he thought it was very funny. I worked with a girl in London and she told me she was going to the Mardi Gras parade with her partner and I still didn't cop on until she said her partner's name. I guess I just don't think about someone's sexuality unless I'm interested in them in a sexual way.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Jennymoo wrote: »
    As opposed to the gays who have pink glitter pulsing through their veins? You've got to be a wind up. If not, you've really rustled my jimmies old timer!

This, IMO.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member

Shame on you (if you're being serious, that is)

Actually, no, shame on you anyway.. :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,807
    Forum Member

Homosexuals are real men & women too. If you can provide evidence to the contary, please do so.
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You mean like This?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And you put it in bold.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And you put it in bold.

Did I win something?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,807
    Forum Member
    I'm straight and my gaydar has never worked. Plenty of times I've been watching something and said I fancy so and so and my friends and laugh say "he's gay" and I'm like "and that's why I'm never realistically get my evil way with them". Don't see why a little thing like reality should ruin my fantasy lol.

It's just as bad in real life. I have a friend and everyone else could tell instantly he was gay and it just went over my head. I told him later and he thought it was very funny. I worked with a girl in London and she told me she was going to the Mardi Gras parade with her partner and I still didn't cop on until she said her partner's name. I guess I just don't think about someone's sexuality unless I'm interested in them in a sexual way.

Because you don't think about it, that's not a bad thing you know.
  • Options
    Sensual LettuceSensual Lettuce Posts: 1,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yawn :sleep: If that is the cause, I'm glad I'm not heterosexual, it sounds so dull :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did I win something?

No you just made me happy for about 30 seconds.
  • Options
    gmphmacgmphmac Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glowbot wrote: »
    I really don't think they feel it about they own flesh and blood to be honest, it's just something they say. I wouldnt take it personally.

For some reason I feel like I should be defending my family or something. Like some sort of loyalty. I don't think they are bad people or that they want to torture me or it's their fault.

You're no doubt right. My dad thinks that all gay men are camp like Alan Carr or Paul O'Grady. He doesn't seem to understand that most are straight acting and quiet like me :(
    tribade wrote: »
    Homosexuals are real men & women too. If you can provide evidence to the contary, please do so.

Ignore that silly post. There are more red blooded gay men in the gym pumping iron than the straight guys :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No you just made me happy for about 30 seconds.

Try to contain yourself.
  • Options
    GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

why are your services "man v sausage"? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try to contain yourself.

I'll try :o
  • Options
    embyemby Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    I always wonder if parents know, as many say they do, why they just not sit down and have a conversation about it. i know my dad asked me at 15 if I was, as i really had no interest in males or anything feminine. It turned out I wasn't but would it not be reassuring if a parent sat down and explained in a diplomatic way they are ok about things.

Or should it always be up to the child to make the move?

When I came out to my parents, and they both said they'd known for a while, I felt like saying, "For gods sake why didn't you just ask me when you first suspected" that would have saved me years of stressing over the dreaded 'coming out' day! :p
  • Options
    currysockscurrysocks Posts: 1,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ': wrote:
    Hannah;46917184']Shame on you (if you're being serious, that is)

Actually, no, shame on you anyway.. :mad:

For bringing up two male children,both university educated,with
    high-flying careers and never in trouble with the Police.

Shame on me, SHAME ON ME!:mad:
  • Options
    embyemby Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    For bringing up two male children,both university educated,with
    high-flying careers and never in trouble with the Police.

Shame on me, SHAME ON ME!:mad:

People do that without the added sprinkling of bigotry too, you're nothing special. :D