Options

MacDonalds give children ballons, no one else cares

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The OP has a point! I'm not bothered about balloons but this country has a shocking reputation throughout the rest of Europe when it comes to making familys welcome into nice resturants.

It's usually the same people who disaprove of parents giving their kids a Mcdonalds that whinge about kids being in good resturants. :rolleyes:

PS...Not that Mcdonalds isn't good! It's a superb hang over cure and a nice treat for kids now n again. :)
  • Options
    tongs ya basstongs ya bass Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Espresso wrote: »
    They don't sell chips in McDonalds. They sell crispy extruded cooked mashed potato with all manner of stabilisers in the mix which they have to call fries because they're not allowed to called them chips.
    Chips are made of raw potatoes, as per my local chippy

Yes, flopping mushy fat chips must be a big draw:D
  • Options
    tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keep Kids out of Restaurants I say....

Let them pollute the likes of Maccy D's instead - These sort of Fast Food joints ain't restaurants any way!!

:p
    Totally agree. There's nothing guaranteed to ruin a decent meal quicker than the restaurant being polluted by screaming kids.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SlowRap wrote: »
    shame on you as a parent more like for feeding your kids junk food.

Junk food as a main diet is of course worng, but to not allow kids a bit of junk food etc occasionally is also wrong. If you deny kids sweets , chocolate and junk food they will eventually just go behind you back and eat far more of it than they should.

Feed you child a well balanced diet as the norm with say fizzy drink and crisps limited to once a week, as kids we used to have coke and crisp night on a Friday , and a trip to a junk food place in the holidays or every now and then keeps a child evenly balanced on the food front to my mind.
  • Options
    CyanidePillCyanidePill Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    S.P.I.K.E. wrote: »
    McDonalds has always had bright colours and clowns since the McDonalds brothers opened the first, i doubt at the time they had a mass evil scheme...

It's not a mass evil scheme, but it is an expedience that has helped give the company a competitive edge.

Things that work tend to be succesful. Luring kids in this manner has undoubtedly worked.
  • Options
    The VixenThe Vixen Posts: 9,829
    Forum Member
    SlowRap wrote: »
    shame on you as a parent more like for feeding your kids junk food.

Then shame on me too, my son has eaten and MacDonalds. He's eaten chocolate and cake, shame on me, how could I let my child have treats.

Terrible terrible me.

It's awful food but come on, let's keep it real here peeps.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally agree. There's nothing guaranteed to ruin a decent meal quicker than the restaurant being polluted by screaming kids.

My kids don't scream in resurants, weather it's a fast food place or a ''decent'' restuarant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why would you go if you are dining alone?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    It's not a mass evil scheme, but it is an expedience that has helped give the company a competitive edge.

Things that work tend to be succesful. Luring kids in this manner has undoubtedly worked.

You need to take ownership for your own consumer behaviour end of the day. You can't blame the company using something that works.
  • Options
    Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Vixen wrote: »
    Then shame on me too, my son has eaten and MacDonalds. He's eaten chocolate and cake, shame on me, how could I let my child have treats.

Terrible terrible me.

It's awful food but come on, let's keep it real here peeps.

Exactly

It's barely food really, but life is all about balance. Plenty of good stuff and a bit of junk thrown in is not going to harm any child.
  • Options
    DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yet they don't have that problem in other countries where kids are welcomed everywhere.

Not all kids scream and run around, the majority are well behaved out. Same as adults, the majority are also well behaved but you always get a few who are loud and rowdy in public paces.
  • Options
    wildehavanawildehavana Posts: 1,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    S.P.I.K.E. wrote: »
    McDonalds has always had bright colours and clowns since the McDonalds brothers opened the first, i doubt at the time they had a mass evil scheme...

Apart from trying to make a lot of money out of kids
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, flopping mushy fat chips must be a big draw:D

I wouldn't know; my chippy sells lovely chips.
  • Options
    tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes I agree with you , the childless can be irritating when talking about children!
    Not half as irritating as parents, who invariably think the world should revolve around their progeny.
    Why would you go if you are dining alone?

Not having kids with you doesn't have to equate to dining alone, does it? If you go out for a quiet meal with the other half, you don't want it to be disturbed by other people's children. I would have thought that was perfectly understandable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Espresso wrote: »
    They don't sell chips in McDonalds. They sell crispy extruded cooked mashed potato with all manner of stabilisers in the mix which they have to call fries because they're not allowed to called them chips.
    Chips are made of raw potatoes, as per my local chippy

The "Yanks" never called them chips in the first place.

I think they call what we know as crisps by the name of chips.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not half as irritating as parents, who invariably think the world should revolve around their progeny.

Not having kids with you doesn't have to equate to dining alone, does it? If you go out for a quiet meal with the other half, you don't want it to be disturbed by other people's children. I would have thought that was perfectly understandable.

Disturbed in what way?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apart from trying to make a lot of money out of kids

You mean out of parents, kids don't have money. Nobody is being duped into buying anything they don't want.
  • Options
    LaChatteGitaneLaChatteGitane Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the people who say McDonalds is junk food and children shouldn't eat it. What are the options for children, say having a pub lunch ? Chicken nuggets and chips, sausage and chips, burger and chips ? Yup, that is wholesome food. ;)
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The "Yanks" never called them chips in the first place.

I think they call what we know as crisps by the name of chips.

Yup. But our illustrious OP the balloon fan did call them chips.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For the people who say McDonalds is junk food and children shouldn't eat it. What are the options for children, say having a pub lunch ? Chicken nuggets and chips, sausage and chips, burger and chips ? Yup, that is wholesome food. ;)

exactly
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ofcourse it is, but other adults can be just as likely to disturb a quiet meal. Why just focus on children?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GOGO2 wrote: »
    You mean out of parents, kids don't have money. Nobody is being duped into buying anything they don't want.

never heard of pester power
  • Options
    epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So in your world, not only should I not be permitted to take my child on a aeroplane, but now I can't even take her to McDonalds!?:eek::D
  • Options
    Marcus BradshawMarcus Bradshaw Posts: 4,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eat the balloons.

They have more nutritional value.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    never heard of pester power

Yep, I've also heard of 'No'.
    Lots of people don't want their kids to have Mcdonalds, so they don't, it's not difficult.
    I personally see nothing wrong with the occasional bit of junk food as a treat so I surcome to the ''pester power'', I also surcome to the delicious smell of the fries! :)