Options

Wakefield Prison: Inmates set to receive luxury festive feast

Comments

• Options
    malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,643
    Forum Member
    I read a report where the frail pensioners were drinking water out of flower vases in a hospital as they didnt have any drinks or water - contrast this with the prisoners luxury buffets and tuck shops to hand .

Again, the hospitals should be pulled up on this to ensure it doesn't happen.
  • Options
    DinkyDoobieDinkyDoobie Posts: 17,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well i guess if the inmates are overweight the kids will have an easier time escaping their clutches.
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    I read a report where the frail pensioners were drinking water out of flower vases in a hospital as they didnt have any drinks or water - contrast this with the prisoners luxury buffets and tuck shops to hand .
    The hospital is to blame then.

Prisons are obviously managed better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well i guess if the inmates are overweight the kids will have an easier time escaping their clutches.

All prisoners are after children, are they?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    All prisoners are after children, are they?

Sure, why not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sure, why not.

Erm, because they aren't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Erm, because they aren't.

No! ... seriously?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    And in hospital the elderly dont even get fed properly but are left to rot .

I don't know what hospitals you get treated in but that certainly isn't the case at any hospital I have been in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No! ... seriously?
    Ok, I'll shut up!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,207
    Forum Member
    I don't know what hospitals you get treated in but that certainly isn't the case at any hospital I have been in.

It is what i have read and seen on the TV - I have never been to a hospital myself .
  • Options
    MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    It is what i have read and seen on the TV - I have never been to a hospital myself .

Have you been in a prison??
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lying about a dead grandmother to score points is about as low as it gets on DS - and that is saying something. :( What a really horrible thing to do.

^this^
  • Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Therein lies the problem
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member

And I'll bet you've never been in prison either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mesostim wrote: »
    Have you been in a prison??

Of course not - .But this does not mean i do not know about prison food in certain categories of prison .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    Therein lies the problem

therein lies no problem.:D
  • Options
    TolstoyTolstoy Posts: 3,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm aware that you're sharing the contents of said report with us for the noblest of reasons but next time you encounter such utter shite please rehash it for moronic dolts who may appreciate it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tolstoy wrote: »
    I'm aware that you're sharing the contents of said report with us for the noblest of reasons but next time you encounter such utter shite please rehash it for moronic dolts who may appreciate it.

Translation please in a nicer tone :D:D :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tolstoy wrote: »

here you go

http://www.official-documents.gov.uk/document/hc0506/hc09/0939/0939.pdf

Although it doesn't delve into detail about approved suppliers such as argos and the various food retailers they can order from.
  • Options
    BurtiBurti Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would you lie about your dead Gran? :confused:
    because it sounds better if your speaking from experience which I am but just not the personal experience I said. It is true old people get treated appaullingly in those hell homes. :mad:
    Lying about a dead grandmother to score points is about as low as it gets on DS - and that is saying something. :( What a really horrible thing to do.
    Agreed.
    stoatie wrote: »
    ^this^
    get a grip please it's called a white lie and it may not be true to my circumstances but it's real for anyone with mothers and fathers and grandparents in one of the homes.
    I lied to make a point so by all means go ahead and sew me. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Burti wrote: »
    get a grip please it's called a white lie and it may not be true to my circumstances but it's real for anyone with mothers and fathers and grandparents in one of the homes.
    I lied to make a point so by all means go ahead and sew me. :rolleyes:

Think you've already stitched yourself up quite conclusively, to be honest.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Burti wrote: »
    hi folks sorry I'm the bearer of more bad news but I just have to bring this to our attention, I've been commenting about it on a other forum, it makes me sick:

Roast turkey is on the menu for inmates at Wakefield Prison, who will tuck into a three-day festive feast this Christmas.
    Britain's worst criminals will wake up to a cooked breakfast on Christmas Day, followed by tomato soup and turkey with all the trimmings for lunch.

Their evening meal will be a selection of cheese and tuna sandwiches, followed by individually-wrapped Christmas cake.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/Wakefield-Prison-Inmates-set-to.6656600.jp

No offense to the staff at my nan's home, most of them are good people who care a lot but I know for a fact she won't get treated to anything half as nice as what these scumbags are getting. If I had my way they'd get dry crackers and water for christmas dinner, why should they get more than that?!

Why don't you treat her then?
  • Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't you treat her then?

I think you missed the part where he admitted he was lying.