Options

EastEnders - the baby reveal has already been filmed!

Comments

• Options
    MarieHMarieH Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gentleguy wrote: »
    this is great news in my opinion im so happy. i still say its sad that ronnie loses a child once again. i wonder if they will make her and jack adopt or maybe she gets preggers again.
    Would you let a woman who swaps a dead baby adopt?? She's off her rocker!

^Beaten to it
  • Options
    Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MarieH wrote: »
    I'm glad they are not dragging it out.

Also glad they are not going down the baby needs blood transfusion line and jacks not a match, be interesting to have seen if Ronnie would have confessed to a fake affair rather than being found out though ?

You don't have to have the same blood type as your father, or even mother. It's the mixture of both which determines the blood type. I'm not the same blood type as my dad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MarieH wrote: »
    Would you let a woman who swaps a dead baby adopt?? She's off her rocker!

^Beaten to it

I very much doubt it. :D Maybe Roxie will die. And Ronnie takes Amy and leaves.
  • Options
    NaughtyNanNaughtyNan Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member
    Not sure I like this quick reveals tbh, it doesn't hook the audience its too quick to feel sympathy and I am sure they are not going to just show the baby story, there are other stories to be told. Its just too quick I only just STARTING to get used to Ronnie actually even be pregnant I hardly saw her pregnant.

I don't know how eve4ryone feels but I really don't have much sympathy for Kath.

Also whats up with Kath's eyes? have they shrunk?
  • Options
    pixxyypixxyy Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprised it's been filmed already, but maybe it's as quite a few of the compaints were about how long Ronnie takes the baby for.
    I'm One of the few who wanted it to go on longer, as then Jack, Roxy etc would have all bonded with the baby more
  • Options
    wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    NaughtyNan wrote: »

I don't know how eve4ryone feels but I really don't have much sympathy for Kath.

Well it's not actually happened yet...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    gentleguy wrote: »
    this is great news in my opinion im so happy. i still say its sad that ronnie loses a child once again. i wonder if they will make her and jack adopt or maybe she gets preggers again.

She won't be allowed to adopt, And I think she will be two afraid to try again for another Baby, Remeber this is the third child she as lost in a short space of time.
  • Options
    RockbirdRockbird Posts: 263
    Forum Member

Really? What exactly do you think Kat has done that warrants someone stealing her newborn baby and having her believe he's dead? :confused:
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel a bit better about this storyline now.

It would have been too distressing to see it stretched out over 2 years.
  • Options
    LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't want it to last for two years but this is far too short. With the actual swap lasting so short a time, it makes you wonder why they didn't do a post-natal depression or cot-death storyline, without the sensational swap.

More effective and more realistic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's also interesting is that Samantha hasn't been announced as leaving and she is on contract until 2012. So Ronnie fans can breath a sly of relief.

THANKYOU! She can hopefully now win a BSA :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure I like this quick reveals tbh, it doesn't hook the audience its too quick to feel sympathy and I am sure they are not going to just show the baby story, there are other stories to be told. Its just too quick I only just STARTING to get used to Ronnie actually even be pregnant I hardly saw her pregnant.

Also whats up with Kath's eyes? have they shrunk?

I feel sorry for Kat. who ever she slept with, she doesn't deserve this.
    Why are you calling her kath? :D
  • Options
    MarieHMarieH Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for Kat. who ever she slept with, she doesn't deserve this.
    Why are you calling her kath? :D
    I was just trying to work out who Kath was lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't want it to last for two years but this is far too short. With the actual swap lasting so short a time, it makes you wonder why they didn't do a post-natal depression or cot-death storyline, without the sensational swap.

More effective and more realistic.

Yeh that would have been better. It would give some sort of hope for the character. It could have been done very well.
    That kind of thing can last for months. sometimes even over a year. Leading to Ronnie's exit where she finaly abondons the child she always wanted.
    But she may return for it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I feel sorry for Jack - he will find out that he never saw his son :(

Oh yeah!

Oh well he didn't seem too happy on the phone last night:rolleyes:
  • Options
    EastiesRules!EastiesRules! Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Yeh that would have been better. It would give some sort of hope for the character. It could have been done very well.
    That kind of thing can last for months. sometimes even over a year. Leading to Ronnie's exit where she finaly abondons the child she always wanted.
    But she may return for it.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is her next storyline after this!

People need to make up their minds. They moaned it was too long. Now its happening in a realistic time frame and they moan its too short.

Here's something. Why not just sit back and enjoy the plot for what it is. Soap drama. I can't believe some are this involved in a character driven drama :eek:
  • Options
    RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely the right thing to do. It could be for 2-3 months you know! Episodes arn't filmed in order so the reveal ep may have been done slightly in advance.

Normally, I want these type of reveal storylines to go on before the reveal but this is definitely an expection. I mean, it's so unrealistic that it would take a year or two to find out Ronnie's baby is actually Kat's, especially when Ronnie and Kat live in the same suburb!

Maybe it was going to go on for the year, but found out it would be unrealistic if it did.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bizarre - I'm both relieved and disappointed. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I think it's a good idea. I couldn't bare th thought of having to wait all those months to see the reveal.
    I don't really care about the build up. I don't watch eastenders all the time anyway. I don't have time. I watch it on iplayer. The sooner everyone finds out how crazy Ronnie has become. the better.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never felt comfortable about this story line and just hope that the script writers do it justice. I'm pleased to hear that it won't be running for the 2 years originally rumoured.

I really feel that a better 'baby related' story line could have been planned instead - post natal depression, difficulty between the parents or even a baby with a disability or health problems. Kat and Ronnie have great chemistry as friends and it would have been good to see them coping together and supporting one another.

I really like Ronnie's character and am disappointed that she is going to lose another child.
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    i swear Shane Richie said the storyline would run for 2 years ???? seems like EE have copped out once again with a storyline.

I dont see how this storyline will have the same affect now i thought it would call me depressing but i think it would of been good if they kept this running for at least 6 months now its what 6 weeks max this storyline will last.

Unless BK has something else planned for this storyline.
  • Options
    RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normally, I want storylines with reveals to last a long time, but not with this.

It would be really unrealstic if it went for a year or two.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    Rockbird wrote: »
    Good news. Anything else would have been totally implausible.

^^That.

Hurrah!
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 57,045
    Forum Member
    it is possible with the backlash they changed it because BK was worried it would ruin the show?
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I feel sorry for Jack - he will find out that he never saw his son :(
    im sure it wont damage him. he's already got 4 kids
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    i swear Shane Richie said the storyline would run for 2 years ???? seems like EE have copped out once again with a storyline.

I dont see how this storyline will have the same affect now i thought it would call me depressing but i think it would of been good if they kept this running for at least 6 months now its what 6 weeks max this storyline will last.

Unless BK has something else planned for this storyline.

I think the swap itself was planned as the beginning of the actual story and the aftermath lasts for a year