and i think sound of drums will be lower
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    23) Love & Monsters
    30) Daleks In Manhattan
    54) The Beast Below

The Vampires of Venice nearly got in but then I remember how truly awful the Daleks in Manhatten was.
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something tells me Fear Her is going to finish in last place again this year....:p
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    Something tells me Fear Her is going to finish in last place again this year....:p

I actually don't mind it at all. I can think of a few worse episodes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fear Her
    New Earth
    The Next Doctor
  • Options
    Gutted GirlGutted Girl Posts: 3,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot to say that I think that The Sound of Drums will be lower.
  • Options
    syramusyramu Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy New Year, everyone!

There's a lot of dislike for The Long Game, which I liked a lot. I'm still waiting for Adam to pop up again. :D

31) Evolution Of The Daleks - it's a toss-up between this one and the first part of the two-parter. I keep running across them on TV and let's just say they don't weather well. Tallulah's accent really bugs me, and the story just became too crazy. (And I'm not just dumping on Helen Raynor, as I've enjoyed the other DW and Torchwood episodes she has done.)
    32) The Lazarus Experiment - I really started disliking most of Martha's family in this one, and it's just not an episode I want to watch again.
    72) The End Of Time (episode 1) - the only DW episode I've ever disliked on first airing, and rewatching it numerous times has not helped. Too much padding that doesn't really go anywhere.

I think The Sound of Drums will be lower.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Least Favourite:

15) Tooth & Claw
    41) Fires of Pompeii
    68) Voyage Of The Damned

Lower probably.
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,488
    Forum Member
    Least Favourite Episodes

- Love and Monsters
    - The End of Time: Part 1
    - The Hungry Earth

Play Your Cards Right

I guess The Sound of Drums will place lower (due to the increased selection of episodes on offer). :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fear Her
    The Long Game
    Idiot's Lantern

And Sound of Drums will of course be lower, just because so many of S5's episodes will be above that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sattrega wrote: »
    Partners In Crime
    Midnight
    The Runaway Bride

Midnight already!? Now that's what I call "a long game"! ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    End of time part 2

The doctors daughter

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    What's with all the "Love & Monsters" hate? It was one of my favourite episodes, goshdarnit :O
  • Options
    Jules 1Jules 1 Posts: 2,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    11) Boom Town
    20) The Idiot's Lantern
    54) The Beast Below

I didn't really like any of these at the time, so I am going with them.

The Sound of Drums was a Marmite episode, so I'll go for it being lower due to there being more episodes.

I just don't get the dislike of the Long Game one of my favourite episodes of Season 1 , and the first one of the new series to hook me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    Jules 1 wrote: »
    11) Boom Town
    20) The Idiot's Lantern
    54) The Beast Below

I didn't really like any of these at the time, so I am going with them.

The Sound of Drums was a Marmite episode, so I'll go for it being lower due to there being more episodes.

I just don't get the dislike of the Long Game one of my favourite episodes of Season 1 , and the first one of the new series to hook me.

And I love Boom Town for all the questions it asks about the value of life - the wonderful Annette Badland and, oh yeah, Jack!
  • Options
    SattregaSattrega Posts: 85,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Midnight already!? Now that's what I call "a long game"! ;)

Yeah, I know it's a very popular episode in these parts and will no doubt cruise into the top 5 again but I have to be true to myself - there is nothing about it I like, nothing at all.
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tumpy wrote: »
    And I love Boom Town for all the questions it asks about the value of life - the wonderful Annette Badland and, oh yeah, Jack!

Wouldn't say I love it, but I do like it quite a lot for reasons you mention. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's with all the "Love & Monsters" hate? It was one of my favourite episodes, goshdarnit :O

Aww Harry....I think I love you:D...its an absolute favourite of mine too!!!.....and I see that you have very few posts...so welcome to the DS forums!!!! (would have said that even if you had hated Love and Monsters...well maybe;):D)

My own votes...well I am tempted to vote for the three least series 5 episodes that I didn't like, as they end up with the lowest ratings...if I were to give them a rating out of ten....but I will spread my vote to the other series and episodes I don't like as much there either.....

so

Victory of the daleks...already gave a huge essay on the prequel thread as to why it is my least favourite ever...so won't go into it again...:o

Daleks In Manhatten.....as a two parter its fine, on its own, its not....and well it has Tullulululululuaaaaa woman...who is the most annoying person in Who for me!!!!!:mad:

Rise of the Cybermen....series 2 started off great, this was the first weakest episode for me...don't hate...but don't often rush to watch it either....

And just to point out...I do othrwise like both the Daleks and Cybermen....love the former....but these stories were not just to their brilliance IMO...

Sound of Drums will be lower...due to be more episodes that are ten times more popular than this in the world of fandom....although I love it myself...but hey ho....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fear Her- awful
    Love and Monsters- good idea very poorly executed, made worse by the absorbaloff and paving slab
    The End of Time part 2- Overly sentimental, dragged out and Time Lords not particularly great.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's the forum for you! I love The Next Doctor, but obviously many people aren't keen.
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love reading all the thoughts on the nominated episodes in the early rounds and just how opinions, even on a little site lie DS do differ so greatly.

It seem like we get a lot more participants in the early stages too. Or is it simply more people go over to pm'ing as the rounds go on?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    I love reading all the thoughts on the nominated episodes in the early rounds and just how opinions, even on a little site lie DS do differ so greatly.

It seem like we get a lot more participants in the early stages too. Or is it simply more people go over to pm'ing as the rounds go on?

Usually, how it works is that at the start, voting is on the thread and by PM. In the final stages, voting is by PM only.
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having played numerous games of RK's Survivor I know how it works.

What I was meaning was that do more people go over to pm'ing BEFORE it becomes mandatory. As, as the weeks go (in previous games) on the votes cast on the thread seem to get less and less (unless I am mistaken). And I was wondering if it was because of people dropping out or more people moving over to pms before having to.
  • Options
    Rita's KabinRita's Kabin Posts: 36,517
    Forum Member
    Gogfumble wrote: »

What I was meaning was that do more people go over to pm'ing BEFORE it becomes mandatory. As, as the weeks go (in previous games) on the votes cast on the thread seem to get less and less (unless I am mistaken). And I was wondering if it was because of people dropping out or more people moving over to pms before having to.

No.

Some people PM their votes from the beginning whilst the rest of you post on the thread. I can't think of anyone that's started posting on the thread and then switched to PM part way through the game before it becomes "mandatory". The only exceptions are people that have gone away for holiday and have perhaps PM'd a list of people or episodes that they want to vote for in a certain order whilst they're away and don't have net access.

Just waiting for the PYCR choice to be selected for Round Two then I'll get the new thread up..... :)