Options

The Dreams Thread

Comments

• Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amica wrote: »
    Last night all my mouth was hurt and my teeth fell out - can't remember how or why this happened but remember the feeling of loose teeth in my mouth - there's probably a deep and significant meaning behind this but I can't think of one! I never remember my dreams so I guess I should find out what the universe is trying to tell me.........................

I can't remember which, but it's supposed to signify a death or a birth in the family. Hope it's the latter :p

Meanwhile, I'd advise a trip to the dentist :D
  • Options
    Deng XiaopingDeng Xiaoping Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Recently I've found I can view my dreams from a third person perspective. It's not like lucid dreaming or Inception but I know I'm in a dream looking out if you know what I mean.

Basically it's like how Harry Potter could see out of Voldermort's snake in The Half Blood Prince.

I try not to do it much though as I feel you could easily end up giving yourself brain damage.
  • Options
    FOXPRESIDENTFOXPRESIDENT Posts: 4,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I often have very weird dreams, and i'm sure dreams that I had several years ago come true.

I also have the issue with thinking im in real world but actually dreaming but then waking up and not being able to move.

I use to freak out at that now I just enjoy it.

Have had wet dreams, but no idea what is about :cool:
  • Options
    AmicaAmica Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't remember which, but it's supposed to signify a death or a birth in the family. Hope it's the latter :p

Meanwhile, I'd advise a trip to the dentist :D

Will book an appointment when I've stopped giggling:D
  • Options
    Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    :eek: Naughty boy.

It's never been claimed that I'm the Messiah.:D
  • Options
    Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's never been claimed that I'm the Messiah.:D

:confused:
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had the strangest dream last night in which I was was holding a very young child and had to get them to a destination. I found the final destination and the child was like very holy............sort of like the new Messiah :eek:

I think I have been playing too many online games :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I dreamt I was in school, on the top floor, playing Bass guitar in a Spanish class with an old 80s gas fire in the corner, that was weird.

Then there's a once-recurring dream of me getting lost in the dark by a castle. :D
  • Options
    TomGrantTomGrant Posts: 4,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amica wrote: »
    Last night all my mouth was hurt and my teeth fell out - can't remember how or why this happened but remember the feeling of loose teeth in my mouth - there's probably a deep and significant meaning behind this but I can't think of one! I never remember my dreams so I guess I should find out what the universe is trying to tell me.........................

I'm constantly having dreams about my teeth falling out, snakes, and now more recently... shitting myself. Not pleasant. Hope it doesn't mean anything vile.
  • Options
    UrMyStarUrMyStar Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TomGrant wrote: »
    I'm constantly having dreams about my teeth falling out, snakes, and now more recently... shitting myself. Not pleasant. Hope it doesn't mean anything vile.

As long as you don't wake up with the same feeling you should be alright :eek:
  • Options
    UrMyStarUrMyStar Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a nightmare last night :( I was walking through woods and these people were coming towards me but I couldn't turn round and go the other way, I woke up just as one bit my leg.
  • Options
    BustedCatBustedCat Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have the strangest dreams sometimes, normally though I'm too busy with things and forget about them or move onto something else and often when I dream there are several unrelated parts to it. One dream that stands out for me in particular involved an ill woman who was being kept in insolation surrounded in a plastic bubble. Her skin was yellow, her hair was extremely greasy and she was incredibly skinny. There were several pumps connected to her which delivered food and dealt with waste. In the dream, people were shoving dead animal skins :confused: into the bubble where she was sitting which resulted in the woman having a panic attack. She was sedated and her heartrate returned back to normal, don't ask me what was going through my mind when I had that dream because I no idea...
  • Options
    missy83missy83 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always have dull dreams involving places and people I actually know.

Should I eat some cheese?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got a horrible one earlier when I had a nap, and it is one I've had many times before. I wake up - at least, it feels like I've woken up - but I can't move! I can't lift my head or move my body. Eventually, I give up and go back to sleep for a minute or so. Them wake again, and this time it works. I get variations of it, and today's was particularly horrible - not only could I not move, but something abrasive was scratched loudly along my bottom teeth, and a hand rested on the ticklish part of my lower back. Woke up as normal shortly after, having given up trying to actually sit up as usual.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just found out that this "recurring dream/nightmare" is a condition called sleep paralysis! Blimey! I could join the society as a sufferer...
  • Options
    angustayangustay Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got a horrible one earlier when I had a nap, and it is one I've had many times before. I wake up - at least, it feels like I've woken up - but I can't move! I can't lift my head or move my body. Eventually, I give up and go back to sleep for a minute or so. Them wake again, and this time it works. I get variations of it, and today's was particularly horrible - not only could I not move, but something abrasive was scratched loudly along my bottom teeth, and a hand rested on the ticklish part of my lower back. Woke up as normal shortly after, having given up trying to actually sit up as usual.
    It's not a dream when you sleep your body goes into paralysis to protect you from acting out your dreams but sometimes you wake up before the paralysis wears off and you may get some very odd side effects.

I have Sleep Paralysis all the time most nights and it's usually one of the three steps below.

1) Wake up but can't move have halucinations or hear voices

2) Out of body experience (This is the best one kinda trippy)

3) Or a dream where you can't breath or see right. (Not being able to see right seems to be rare never heard anyone else who has had this one.)

Most people only get it once or twice in their life time and assume it's a dream others have it all the time the first few times are really scary and feel very real but you get used to it if you have it a lot.

The Wiki article is a little out of date but it give's you basics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    angus, thank you so much for your reply. After typing my "dream" out, I texted a friend describing it and she said, Oh that's a condition but I can't think of the name of it. I did some googling and realised. I get it quite a lot, though not every night like you. I wouldn't say it's scary, but it's certainly unnerving!
  • Options
    angustayangustay Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    angus, thank you so much for your reply. After typing my "dream" out, I texted a friend describing it and she said, Oh that's a condition but I can't think of the name of it. I did some googling and realised. I get it quite a lot, though not every night like you. I wouldn't say it's scary, but it's certainly unnerving!
    No problem. I never knew what it was until a few years ago myself but have had it since the early 80s quite regular.
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a dream once that I died in it - I was in a bed and my husband was beside me and I was struggling to breathe, then just felt myself drift off, but I didn't wake up! Was freaked when I eventually did awaken!

I can have lucid dreams as well, and then there are the dreams that aren't lucid as such, but I know I'm dreaming
  • Options
    TomGrantTomGrant Posts: 4,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UrMyStar wrote: »
    As long as you don't wake up with the same feeling you should be alright :eek:

Dya know what? I sometimes have to check! It's shocking. It's starting to get concerning :o:eek::D
  • Options
    kookiethekatkookiethekat Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dreamt last night that my huband left me and the kids to shack up with a friend of mine from my old work.

Was in a mood with him on the whole way to work, he kept asking me what was wrong and I wouldn't tell him.

I'm over it now though
  • Options
    kookiethekatkookiethekat Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blamhappy2 wrote: »

I have "dreams" like this. I try and scream but nothing comes out and I try and hit or kick my husband but I cant move.

The only thing I can do is cry, then I fall back to sleep and awake in fits of sobbing. Like my heart has literally been broken

It's horrible
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The other day I had a dream that an actress I like was in town but I was anxious to avoid meeting her. You see, in real life I'd had a dream of meeting her a couple of years ago which was the best celebrity dream I'd ever had. So, if I met her in real life it is extremely unlikely our meeting would measure up to my original dream of her!

By the way, I hope you've kept up because I shall be asking you questions later!:D
  • Options
    Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I keep dreaming that I have a terrible nosebleed and then I can't stop it bleeding until I am a shrivelled corpse.

What could that mean?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    I had few weird dream last night, I keep mispelling my street name to somebody, I'm sure that I fell in love with this person and only way to keep in touch with him is to send each other letters. Then my second dream that I had a water gun and aimed it at sercuity at the town then I got arrested, they also arrested people who used to go to school with me for using drugs. We all were chained up and got beaten up then we had to go on the coach to the prison. I feel so ill on the coach. I was awake before I made it to prison so I don't know what would happen.