Options

Kids bedtimes

MarieHMarieH Posts: 1,016
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My kids are aged between 9-12 years, they all go to bed at 8.30pm on a school night and 9pm on the weekend.
However you sign into FB and kids their age are still on line at any where between 10.30pm and midnight.

How old are your kids and what time is bedtime?

Comments

• Options
    Tom_TitTom_Tit Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    3 yr old boy goes to bed at 7.30-8pm.

7 yr old girl goes about 8.30-9pm.

15 yr old lad goes to his room at 9.30pm-10pm and it's anyones guess what time he decides to stop texting.

Weekends they all stay up as long as they want.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,873
    Forum Member
    My girls are 13 and 10. It's school holidays at the moment so they go to bed at any time. But during school time, the 10 year old goes to bed at 8.30 at the latest, sometimes before, and the 13 year old goes to bed at 9.30 and reads till about 10.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A 12 yr old going to bed at 8.30 is proper harsh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom_Tit wrote: »
    A 12 yr old going to bed at 8.30 is proper harsh.

Hmm thinking of stepping that one up an hour, but they've always gone at the same time until now
  • Options
    SubrosaSubrosa Posts: 3,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have kids myself but I remember that when I was 12 I went to bed at around half 9, then when I was 13 I started going to bed around half 10 and went to bed around that time for the remainder of my school life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wont pretend to be any kind of expert parent but from my experience with 4 kids the trick is to let them think they can go bed when they want.

Give them a set time and they'll fight it.
  • Options
    winniebeerwinniebeer Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    6 & 7 8 pm . teeneages 10pm but a bit loose if no exams on
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My bedtime was 8pm until I went to high school when it got extended to 9, by the 4th year I was allowed up til 10pm and it stayed that way until I left home at 19
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tbh some nights I send them all to thier rooms about 10 if i want a bit of peice
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You had a 10pm bedtime up until 19 yrs old? :eek::eek:

I was up to all sorts at that age and if i got in before 3am i'd done well.

The only rule i had was not to come in and start trying to use the oven.
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 8yr old goes to bed between half seven and half eight on a school night depending on if he wants to read in bed or not, he usually does, He likes a bit of Horrid Henry or Flat Stanley before he goes to sleep. He stays up til tenish on a weekend.
    My 15yr old gets nagged into getting into bed at 11ish on a weeknight which is when I go to bed but I leave her to her own devices on a weekend when she turns into a facebooking vampire.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You had a 10pm bedtime up until 19 yrs old? :eek::eek:

I was up to all sorts at that age and if i got in before 3am i'd done well.

The only rule i had was not to come in and start trying to use the oven.

what you and I used to get up to at that age isn;t the ame now - I know for a fact my 16 yr old has only drank when he has been in my comp0any (LOL) when I was that age I would have rather died lol!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,873
    Forum Member
    I wont pretend to be any kind of expert parent but from my experience with 4 kids the trick is to let them think they can go bed when they want.

Give them a set time and they'll fight it.

Agreed, although if our 13 year old were allowed to choose her own bedtime, it would always be past midnight which is a no-no on a school night. But it's never a fight, I just suggest at about 9.30 that she might like to start getting ready for bed. Always open to negotiation though if there's something on tv or something.
  • Options
    toribaynestoribaynes Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daughter nearly 15 10pm weekdays for school roughly 11pm ish weekends
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My kids are ok at bed times though luckily. They've got their own DVD players in their rooms which helps to get them to sleep.
  • Options
    rockerchickrockerchick Posts: 9,255
    Forum Member
    4 year old - 7pm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    4 year old - 7pm

If my 3 and a half year old went to bed at 7pm he'd be wide awake at 4am.
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    11 year old 9pm (usually asleep by 9.30pm, book or a bit of a DVD). Holidays anything from 9-11.30pm.

20 year old...up all night so about 6.00am:eek:
  • Options
    rockerchickrockerchick Posts: 9,255
    Forum Member

I see well my daughter sleeps 12 hours.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I see well my daughter sleeps 12 hours.

That's what i call well trained. ;)
  • Options
    DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My six year old goes to bed 7:30 and read a story until 8:00 weeknights and weekends it varies depending on TV or what we are doing, usually about 9:00 though tonight it was 10:00.
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They're all different, when my son was 4 he was sleeping for 12hrs or more a night like rip van winkle si I had to get him to bed at 7, he'd watch story makers and be out like a light as soon as his head hit the pillow, he still needs a good 10hrs now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have friends who still put their little ones to sleep for afternoon naps aswell. I'm sure it's more for their benefit really for a bit of peace.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're all different, when my son was 4 he was sleeping for 12hrs or more a night like rip van winkle si I had to get him to bed at 7, he'd watch story makers and be out like a light as soon as his head hit the pillow, he still needs a good 10hrs now.

I'd love to get my 4 yr old to bed earlier but by the time I get home from work, cook dinner, have a bit of a play, then bath its pushing 7.30pm. He sets the timer for 10 minutes at this time then we head upstairs for storytime with lights out at 8pm. He always seems tired of a morning when I get him up at 7.40am
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I turn up the heating aswell. Always makes them tired quicker.