TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
Forum Member
✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What will they do without Robbie's roaring? That big mouth of his when he did X Factor already left a big gap in the band.:)
  • Options
    RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And I can become a fan of Robbie again ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    i agree as soon as he levaes it will be for the best. he has chnaged t he sound of the band and i'm so glad i did not get tickets for this tour - if i wanted to see robbie in concert i would have got ticekts to his gig. his celebrity status was flagging so he has used this to prop it up - roll on next summer when the tour is over and take that can becomse proper take that! ha
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its more down to jealousy

now that Robbie back, it has taken the limelight of him and the others, just like the last time
    and now they want to go back to the way it was.

Robbie should know you can never go back, releasing a one off record ok, but an album and tour was bound to be a disaster
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their new album is absolutely fantastic!
  • Options
    PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    Ah, what a shock.

My brother (a massive fan) was telling me something about this a while back, seems like they're not happy with him taking all the leads.
  • Options
    sandy4268sandy4268 Posts: 380
    Forum Member

People are either Take That fans or they aren't.
    Clearly you are not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    rickyjune wrote: »

now that Robbie back, it has taken the limelight of him and the others, just like the last time

Robbie should know you can never go back, releasing a one off record ok, but an album and tour was bound to be a disaster

agree - it should have been one single (the flood) with take that featuring robbie williams - i actually think gary barlow has taken a huge career gamble letting him back in - they were just fine without him - he's clearly such a decent bloke to let that ego back in and, potentially, ruin the band.
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,104
    Forum Member
    I thought they were back together for good? Wernt they saying "Back for good?" I think robbie should stay.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they were making good progress together. Guess it shows it only takes a minute for them to change their minds. I bet Robbie used to pray to be back in the group. But everything changes. And sure, it wasn't comfirmed they were back for good, so we will have to have some patience and wait for Robbie to show how deep is his love for Take That. He was the only one to shine this time round. He thought he could rule the world with the X Factor appearances. It was probably one of his greatest days but he will song be up all night with Gary making his decision. There I said it all. I hope I don't get a flood of bad comments:)
  • Options
    josh2721josh2721 Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's an arrogant arse who insists on singing lead vocals on every track. It's not that surpising!
  • Options
    kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What a petty attitude to have. You can't be much of a music fan. Grow up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He sounds good on the flood. The reason why i am even interested in Take That this era is cos of Robbie. And Take That isn't even my generation. I love the Flood :D and Robbie's stage presence, i just find him hilarious.
  • Options
    TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People are either Take That fans or they aren't.
    Clearly you are not.

You know f all about me so stfu

:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbie was a huge influence to why i am interested in Take That for this era!

Progress is a great album overall! it reflected Take That as a GROUP OF ARTISTS who can push their styles further than the usual yawn ballads etc.etc. The Flood was a powerful way to kick it off! and Kidz, SOS and future singles will have great success while Progress i imagine will continue to sell at ecstatic volumes! and they put on one hell of a show!!

If Robbie leaves it will cause a massive impact on Take That as a band overall, the interest may fade again, I mean the hype of the first two were down to excessive UK promo, whereas Progress had so much hype circulating, and The Flood being the ONLY promotion really for the album and it's already set records etc. and i wrote them off prior to this album, it's really exciting.

And i really feel for those who think the reason Robbie went back with Take That is because his 'career was failing etc.' blatantly not as his last album sold loads i read! sure not as much as earlier work, but he went triple platinum! :eek:

anyways rant over. I want Robbie to stick around a while longer, and gutted i cannot see them live! everything about this is so perfect!
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kutox wrote: »

You can't be much of a music fan if you like them anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    It was clearly a marketing tactic anyway, and it obviously worked. When they were on the X-Factor Robbie was very vague and not really positive about being back in Take That.

It worked both ways. Robbie's career was all but over and Take That benefited from the original line up being back together.
  • Options
    kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    You can't be much of a music fan if you like them anyway.

And you can't be anything other than a hipster snob who only listens to 'cool' music. So you're no better.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It doesn't surprise me. Either he doesn't like Robbie's open-mindedness to Spirituality and the UFO/Paranormal stuff he does (easily findable doing a quick google/youtube search.) Or Robbie has realised that the year-long break cleansed his mind more than he could have imagined. That's not to say what he does is anything bad, but he has negative influences that he has tried to overcome the past few years and I think its starting to creep back at him.

A lot of people assume Robbie for being something completely the opposite that he is, you can see in his interviews and the way how he comes across he is genuinely passionate and thought provoking.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    rickyjune wrote: »

I don't think jealousy has anything to do with it. I mean, he wouldn't have let Robbie back in if he wanted to be the main focus all the time.
    I think Gary's point is that Robbie is a natural solo artist who is too successful in his own right to be in a band full-time. He also said this a few months ago, he didn't say that as a bad thing.

Anyway, I'll support Take That with or without Robbie (although TT4 is my personal preference).
  • Options
    kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lost-boy wrote: »
    Their new album is absolutely fantastic!

I agree. I never used to like Take That, but Progress is an absolutely brilliant album.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I much prefer Take That as a 4 piece. I can't wait till he (hopefully) goes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See i'm the exception.

I much prefer the newer sound, Robbie gives them an edge.

All TT will be down to is two singers and two backing dancers :/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is fantastic news.

"We see Take That as a four-piece band in general."

Ahh that makes me smile.
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    josh2721 wrote: »
    He's an arrogant arse who insists on singing lead vocals on every track. It's not that surpising!

I had a look at the track listing and I make it GB6, RW 6 (including only one each as a solo)the others on 5 between them. hardly every, looks pretty fair to me

Personally I'd prefer Robbie's version of 8 letters, too, but we can't have everything