Options

David E. Kelley to produce new Wonder Woman series

Comments

• Options
    Ghost WorldGhost World Posts: 7,036
    Forum Member
    I could definitely see Evangeline Lilly as Wonder Woman.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joss Whedon tried to get a Wonder Woman movie off the ground a few years ago with Sarah Michelle Gellar (obviously) tapped for the part. Thank god it didn't happen...

I can definitely see this new series being more 'adult' than e.g. Smallville considering Kelley's past series'. Though you can also totally imagine the surreal side of Ally McBeal creeping in here. I hope they don't cast teenie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Joss Whedon tried to get a Wonder Woman movie off the ground a few years ago with Sarah Michelle Gellar (obviously) tapped for the part. Thank god it didn't happen...
    He signed on to write and direct it, but didn't get as far as a first draft before leaving. As for SMG...
    Joss wrote:
    Finally and forever: I never had an actress picked out, or even a consistant [sic] front-runner. I didn't have time to waste on casting when I was so busy air-balling on the script.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spaintv wrote: »
    You have to be kidding! Ihadn't heard! Wow - as a kid Wonderwoman was one of my favourite TV shows and I had a crush on Lynda Carter throughout my childhood! As an adult I went out and bought the entire DVD boxed set of the series :o:o

For years now we've heard numerous rumours about a possible revival in the form of a big budget superhero movie. We even had numerous rumours about who would play the new Wonderwoman, from Beyonce to Jeniffer love Hewitt!!

Ah well, if there was ever a right time for a TV remake I guess now's the time since we have been inundated with revivals, remakes and reimaginations the last few years.

Hope they make it a good reimagintion like a few we have had recently. Wonderwoman could work in a kind of "Fun" show of the week. A hot actress to play Wonderwoman with a few sexy Wonderwoman costume changes (like in the original - WW swimsuit, WW bike suit, etc) will surely pull in the guys, and then the girls would watch because of the whole role model thing lol

Amen, still love Lynda, went to see her in Chicago and she's still a hottie. I vote for Eliza Dushku/Charisma Carpenter in the role (sorry SMG, you're too petite).

Joss certainly created Dollhouse with ED in mind?

Love to see a new series, must have Lynda Carter and Lye Waggoner in recurring guest roles (Debra Winger would be good too if she'd do it). I vote Lynda as the US president with a secret agenda and Lyle as an evil(?) scientist who wants to exploit the Amazons for the good of all mankind
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    saturn5 wrote: »
    Amen, still love Lynda, went to see her in Chicago and she's still a hottie. I vote for Eliza Dushku/Charisma Carpenter in the role (sorry SMG, you're too petite).

Joss certainly created Dollhouse with ED in mind?

Love to see a new series, must have Lynda Carter and Lye Waggoner in recurring guest roles (Debra Winger would be good too if she'd do it). I vote Lynda as the US president with a secret agenda and Lyle as an evil(?) scientist who wants to exploit the Amazons for the good of all mankind

it'd be brilliant for Lynda to have some role on the new series if it happens. Don't know if she would be up to a regular gig, but she has mentioned in the past that she would love to play the Queen Amazon and film a scene where she passes on to the new Wonderwoman as happened in the original TV Pilot.

As for Lyle, don't know if he would beup for more than a one episode guest stint. Apparently he's 75!!!! and hasn't done much TVwork lately.

but ti would be brilliant and a wink to old time fans.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it'd be brilliant for Lynda to have some role on the new series if it happens. Don't know if she would be up to a regular gig, but she has mentioned in the past that she would love to play the Queen Amazon and film a scene where she passes on to the new Wonderwoman as happened in the original TV Pilot.

As for Lyle, don't know if he would beup for more than a one episode guest stint. Apparently he's 75!!!! and hasn't done much TVwork lately.

but ti would be brilliant and a wink to old time fans.

Yeah but he became Mayor of Santa Barabara so he might not have had much time. I saw him on an ep of That 70s Show not so long ago
  • Options
    Ricky D GervaisRicky D Gervais Posts: 2,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cindylover wrote: »
    Oh for goodness sake, the man also did The Practice, Picket Fences, Boston Public and Chicago Hope. He's not just defined by Ally McBeal.
    I hear Hitler liked to paint now and then, but most people don't dwell on that part of his works.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's hardly fair to compare Ally McBeal to Hitler, is it?

Hitler was chancellor for 12 years, Ally McBeal only lasted 5.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wonder whether the "Spin-transformation" will be featured in the enw adaptation. I think that might have been created for the TVseries and has never featured in the comics right??? Also, recently watched the Wonder-woman 2009 animated film :o and in that Steve knows about Diana being Wonder woman. Wonder whether any new adaptaion will have someone know or whether they will keep her id a secret.
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Entertainment Weekly has posted more bad news for the David E. Kelley Wonder Woman
    TV project: As of tonight, all four major networks have apparently passed on the project.

http://www.ksitetv.com/4881/wonder-woman-tv-show-not-moving-forward/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Entertainment Weekly has posted more bad news for the David E. Kelley Wonder Woman
    TV project: As of tonight, all four major networks have apparently passed on the project.

Well, the planned reboot Movie project is still being developed. Hopefully that will make it to the screen at least. If not, maybe some cable channel will pick up Wonderwoman, and in becoming a cable show, make it a darker more adult series than what was planned for Network TV - although can't see that happening.
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    Well, the planned reboot Movie project is still being developed. Hopefully that will make it to the screen at least. If not, maybe some cable channel will pick up Wonderwoman, and in becoming a cable show, make it a darker more adult series than what was planned for Network TV - although can't see that happening.

It's really not cable material -- unless Syfy would be interested, and frankly, I am not sure if Kelley would even want to bother if rinky-dink Syfy wanted it. Kelley is one of the US TV industry's heavy hitters and it wouldn't help his image to do business with the lower end of the cable market.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »

maybe they would prefer frankie boyles version :p
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ain't it cool are saying the budget required would be beyond any cable channel and the project is dead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MoreTears wrote: »
    It's really not cable material -- unless Syfy would be interested, and frankly, I am not sure if Kelley would even want to bother if rinky-dink Syfy wanted it. Kelley is one of the US TV industry's heavy hitters and it wouldn't help his image to do business with the lower end of the cable market.

LOL, I know the series is not cable channel material, but was just wishful thinking aloud. God, don't even mention SyFy Channel as a possible new home! As much as I enjoy several SyFY produced shows they woudl be incapable to produce a good Wonderwoman series. They simply don't have the resources, and judging from most of their output (which I enjoy) the series would look cheap and have a very formulaic template week in week out. I know SyFy has also produced top stuff, but frankly I don't think they could do WW justice especially with my wanting a proper action drama series that would steer away from the original campy version - as much as I enjoyed that as a kid
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hear Hitler liked to paint now and then, but most people don't dwell on that part of his works.

Godwin's Law
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was talk of a WW movie & Megan Fox for the role!

Great body but can't act for toffee..

But then I don't think acting is required.

The exception was Debra Winger as Wonder Girl she was hot & can act.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wonderwoman, the David E. Kelley reboot, has finally received a pilot order despite having been turned down by most major networks earlier on in the Pilot Season.

Despite NBC having been the net most interested in reviving the show, they had to let it go earlier in January when they realised they could not commit to the license fee from the studio.

A few weeks later a new Entertainment President takes over at NBC, and Kelley delivers one of NBCs most promising new show's, Harry's Law - and Wonderwoman gets the greenlight!

The project is described as a reinvention of the iconic D.C. comic in which Wonder Woman -- aka Diana Prince -- is a vigilante crime fighter in L.A. but also a successful corporate executive and a modern woman trying to balance all of the elements of her extraordinary life. "I had a lot of fun writing it," Kelley said of the script at TCA last week when the project had just been put on hold. "It's a huge project, and it was probably a bit too much to ask anyone to try to chew on it for next season. But I'm confident it will still happen. It's a very complicated piece, which is the most fun thing about it."

Despite getting the go-ahead for a pilot, it is not definite that the show will appear in the schedules for Autumn / Fall 2011 / 2012. It could even get picked up but undergo another year or two of development like many recent remakes and reboots have undergone.

In any case at least we have better news today considering that a pilot will be filmed.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/01/nbc-picks-up-david-e-kelleys-wonder-woman-michael-patrick-kings-drama/
  • Options
    KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    Wohoo. And its going to have the costume.

Can't wait!

Actually, I can't wait to see who they've lined up to play Wondie herself!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karis wrote: »
    Wohoo. And its going to have the costume.

Can't wait!

Actually, I can't wait to see who they've lined up to play Wondie herself!

That is the question!

Might be the need for an unknown to have a go.

As long as she has Lynda Carters figure & Big Knockers I don't care :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I vote for Charisma Carpenter in the role (sorry SMG, you're too petite).

I'd give anything to see CC in the role!
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally i would love Alice Eve for the role. She just needs to dye her hair and she'd be perfect! The rest she's already got! ;)
  • Options
    KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    /Charisma Carpenter in the role
    If it was 2001 sure. But its 2011. And Charisma Carpenter not only hasn't worked for years other than guest star shots (she's been on "Greek" for example), she's also 40 years old.

Wonder Woman ain't gonna be a 40 year old, no matter how stacked she is.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kromm wrote: »
    If it was 2001 sure. But its 2011. And Charisma Carpenter not only hasn't worked for years other than guest star shots (she's been on "Greek" for example), she's also 40 years old.

Wonder Woman ain't gonna be a 40 year old, no matter how stacked she is.

CC was the female lead in The Expendables wasn't she?

Although I agree there's no way they'd get someone who is 40 plus, not fair of course, but it is the way it is.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭