Options

Worst soap entrances

FashionFashion Posts: 5,017
Forum Member
I'll start off with Emmerdale:

Donald De Souza's daughter Anna making a 'dramatic' entrance via a helicopter.

Comments

• Options
    johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Poppy in EastEnders - inserted the other week in a hastily-written-and-recorded segment. We haven't even seen her otherwise yet, but we were supposed to know who she is.
  • Options
    FashionFashion Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    Poppy did feel random, don't get me started on their 'conversation' in the cafe.
  • Options
    lozzerbozzerlozzerbozzer Posts: 5,026
    Forum Member
    Tracy Barlow's return on christmas eve - 'it's the most exciting arrival for 2000 years' :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    Tracy Barlow's return on christmas eve - 'it's the most exciting arrival for 2000 years' :eek:

That was awful, her acting is about as convincing as a potato.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Yep, the winner, by a mile.

Complete writing and acting fail.
  • Options
    GloriaSnockersGloriaSnockers Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That was my first thought too. Just watching it hit twelve out of ten on the cringe meter - it's a wonder Kate Ford didn't feel actual physical pain at having to say it.
  • Options
    BeeBumbleBeeBumble Posts: 5,925
    Forum Member
    When Sunita in corrie returned and no one even mentioned she'd been away for four years and acted like she'd gone for a pint of milk.

The McQueen's in hollyoaks although there introductory scenes were good. We were supposed to assume that this, mad, family were living round the corner the whole time but no one thought to mention them until Michaela became friends with Amy Barnes.
  • Options
    demented yoyodemented yoyo Posts: 4,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Den Watts.

He's been 'dead' for more than a decade and suddenly re-appears in Albert Square. Are people shocked to see this 'ghost'?

No, Dot does a double take when she first see's him and that's it. Everyone carries on as if someone coming back from the dead is perfectly normal!
  • Options
    GloriaSnockersGloriaSnockers Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Den Watts.

He's been 'dead' for more than a decade and suddenly re-appears in Albert Square. Are people shocked to see this 'ghost'?

No, Dot does a double take when she first see's him and that's it. Everyone carries on as if someone coming back from the dead is perfectly normal!

That made me think of Denise's return from the 'dead', and the laid back reaction it got, particularly from Lucas's son (forgotten his name). He just went 'Denise', as if acknowledging the presence of a visiting relative and carried on chatting to his father!
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Yep, the winner, by a mile.

Complete writing and acting fail.

The delivery was rather bad - but she was shouting so it's hard to be emotive
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh gosh, I only just managed to forget about that. Thanks for reminding me of it again! :rolleyes: :D
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought of Tracy's return as soon as I saw the thread title. That broke the cringe-o-meter. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

just 4 posts into the thread and you've managed to win it. well done :D god that line was awful.

and for all you lucky people who havent seen it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDu4mJ6_gcg&feature=related
    7 mins in
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never got that Tracy seen. Why would you say something like that? I think that part ruined the scene.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MJJOne wrote: »
    That was awful, her acting is about as convincing as a potato.

Oi! :mad:

Don't insult potatoes!
  • Options
    ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    Fashion wrote: »

IIRC - didn't she enter in one of them hour long eps? they where having a do at home farm and she entered in a red car IIRC.
  • Options
    KarlyKarly Posts: 10,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fashion wrote: »

Wasn't that Patsy Kensit (Sadie King) or did they both do that?

Still not sure if it was bad or good, but most memorable for me was the episode where Laurel and Steph both arrived - Laurel dressed as a bumble bee singing scales and Steph getting walloped by her daughter :D
  • Options
    lexstarlexstar Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Warren in HO coming back from the dead and only one person showing any recognition of this, everyone else carries on like it's the most normal thing in the world!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCTfgt8-Y0E

They just threw her out of a car lol.
  • Options
    lozzerbozzerlozzerbozzer Posts: 5,026
    Forum Member
    just 4 posts into the thread and you've managed to win it. well done :D god that line was awful.

7 mins in

Oooh thank you, i never win anything :D
    It was the first return that came into my head as soon as i saw the thread title, i've never cringed as much when she said or should i say she SHOUTED that line out loud. Awful, just awful.:eek: :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BeeBumble wrote: »
    When Sunita in corrie returned and no one even mentioned she'd been away for four years and acted like she'd gone for a pint of milk.

The McQueen's in hollyoaks although there introductory scenes were good. We were supposed to assume that this, mad, family were living round the corner the whole time but no one thought to mention them until Michaela became friends with Amy Barnes.

This. :D Not to mention Michaela originally being Michaela Jones. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It burns. It still hurts my ears. Get it off here quick.
  • Options
    SpeedyWalkerSpeedyWalker Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    The ghastly Ferrara family - they had a party and the father was dressed as Elvis.
  • Options
    Plant_PiePlant_Pie Posts: 3,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexstar wrote: »
    Warren in HO coming back from the dead and only one person showing any recognition of this, everyone else carries on like it's the most normal thing in the world!

Yeh lol!! Had all these random sightings and random popping up in places.Then suddenly everyone kinda knew he was back and just got on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 93
    Forum Member

7 mins in

Oh my lord. I can't believe they actually broadcast that. It's truly, truly awful...