Options

Constantly Feeling Dizzy/Sick

LaurenSmithLaurenSmith Posts: 108
Forum Member
Whenever I wake up I find my self throwing up. This has been happening since two weeks ago and I constantly feel dizzy. I saw my doctor and he said that it was just a cold and gave me medicine. but I have now started throwing up violentley. Anyone know what it could be?

Comments

• Options
    LummoLummo Posts: 7,145
    Forum Member
    Is pregnancy a possibility?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    Get Yourself Over To The Doctors!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lummo wrote: »
    Is pregnancy a possibility?

I have considerd it but I've always been careful.
  • Options
    andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    Try eating more healthy, only drink water.
  • Options
    ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,166
    Forum Member
    Labyrinthitis is a possibility, poor you.
  • Options
    LummoLummo Posts: 7,145
    Forum Member
    I have considerd it but I've always been careful.

I would probably recommend seeing the doctor again then
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you should see your doctor again (and yes, maybe do a pregnancy test as well.)

You could be suffering from anything from an ear infection to something more serious. It's impossible to tell unless you are examined more thoroughly.
  • Options
    lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vertigo could explain the dizzyness, so could low blood pressure. The vomitting though... could be any number of things.

Best to toddle back to the doctor IMO and get some tests done. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My sister has brought me a pregnancy test round.

Wish me luck.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My sister has brought me a pregnancy test round.

Wish me luck.

Seeing as we have no idea what you want the outcome to be, how can we wish you luck? Anyway, wouldn't the first clue be a missed period? The times I've been preganant, me missing my period was the indicator. I didn't have sickness with my first pregnancy and I didn't have nausea or sickness with my second.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try eating more healthy, only drink water.

How do you know they don't eat healthily?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You get a better internet diagnosis in Advice. They are all quacks in here. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Test Result:
    Negative.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vertigo could explain the dizzyness, so could low blood pressure. The vomitting though... could be any number of things.

Best to toddle back to the doctor IMO and get some tests done. :)

I often get very dizzy to the point of being unstable on my feet if I stand up too quickly. If I've been sitting/lying down for quite a long time listening to music/reading, I get very dizzy when standing up too quickly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,455
    Forum Member
    OP, I am actually feeling the same right now. Fairly dizzy, I think it could be because I've been doing coursework all day staring at my computer screen.

But nevertheless, you should head right to the doctors ASAP. I will be doing the same. You never know if it could be something more serious underneath. I don't like to scare people, but I know someone that had cancer, and kept ignoring the symptoms passing it off as something minor. Thankfully they survived, but please don't make the same mistake.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this now the GP forum?
  • Options
    epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Confusing wrote: »
    OP, I am actually feeling the same right now. Fairly dizzy, I think it could be because I've been doing coursework all day staring at my computer screen.

But nevertheless, you should head right to the doctors ASAP. I will be doing the same. You never know if it could be something more serious underneath. I don't like to scare people, but I know someone that had cancer, and kept ignoring the symptoms passing it off as something minor. Thankfully they survived, but please don't make the same mistake.

oh ffs.
  • Options
    MinjuryMinjury Posts: 415
    Forum Member

Op do not listen to this man at all
  • Options
    lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I often get very dizzy to the point of being unstable on my feet if I stand up too quickly. If I've been sitting/lying down for quite a long time listening to music/reading, I get very dizzy when standing up too quickly.

I used to be the same, to the point of everything going white. I had low blood pressure and was borderline anaemic. I wouldn't say that's what anyone has, because the doctor is the best person, always better to get checked than rely on some nobody like me on the webs, who had something similar. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    epicurian wrote: »
    oh ffs.

I do realise it is a bit OTT but after my personal experience of someone I knew getting cancer and kept ignoring the signs, I just have a "better safe than sorry" attitude now which I think is for the best. If you don't get things checked out, the problems can escalate. It's what we pay our taxes for.
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member

But it might not be that.

It might be cancer. You should head right to the doctors ASAP. You never know if it could be something more serious underneath. I know someone that had cancer, and they died.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elke21 wrote: »
    Is this now the GP forum?

No, but even if this forum was full of doctors we would all be saying the same thing - go see a doctor and get a proper examination. It's impossible to make any diagnosis on an internet forum and the advice of non-medical people, while well-intentioned, can be dangerous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    But it might not be that.

It might be cancer. You should head right to the doctors ASAP. You never know if it could be something more serious underneath. I know someone that had cancer, and they died.
    Exactly. This is the attitude more people should have. If you watched embarrassing bodies the other day, they were saying how people just don't like going to the doctors, as if it is something to be ashamed of. Doctors like it if you visit them regularly, at least mine does, it shows awareness for your health.

And also, I am going to see about it, hence why I said straight after I will be doing the same.
  • Options
    epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do realise it is a bit OTT but after my personal experience of someone I knew getting cancer and kept ignoring the signs, I just have a "better safe than sorry" attitude now which I think is for the best. If you don't get things checked out, the problems can escalate. It's what we pay our taxes for.

So you're really going to go to the doctor, are you? Be sure to let us know of the outcome. Bated breath, etc, etc...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to be the same, to the point of everything going white. I had low blood pressure and was borderline anaemic. I wouldn't say that's what anyone has, because the doctor is the best person, always better to get checked than rely on some nobody like me on the webs, who had something similar. :)

Absolutely! A one to one situation with a Doctor is what's required for anyone that's genuinely concerned about something that's not quite as it should be.