Options

No Flying Routine This Year In Final

ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
Forum Member
✭✭
According to The Sun producers have axed the flying routine from the Final and instead they will have to choreograph their own routine.
Laura has already tried to block book tickets for the Final but was told to wait and see if she makes it first. Seems she is confident that she will do so.

Comments

• Options
    JonasBergJonasBerg Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    All of the contestants get tickets to the final, so that my friend is rubbish.
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JonasBerg wrote: »
    All of the contestants get tickets to the final, so that my friend is rubbish.
    Ah but why miss the opportunity to take a swipe at Laura.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    tiddlebootiddleboo Posts: 1,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    According to The Sun producers have axed the flying routine from the Final and instead they will have to choreograph their own routine.
    Laura has already tried to block book tickets for the Final but was told to wait and see if she makes it first. Seems she is confident that she will do so.

Have you got a link because I can't find that online.

Ignazio, do you know Laura's song and both props this week? Can't just be 2 canes surely, maybe Laura has the bowler hat, Johnson has a straw boater!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tiddleboo wrote: »

Ignazio, do you know Laura's song and both props this week? Can't just be 2 canes surely, maybe Laura has the bowler hat, Johnson has a straw boater!

Its not online at the moment, its only in the physical paper. Its hardly a suprise coming from the Sun which is a pro Johnson and perhaps pro Chloe paper. But this story has Mr Evers written all over it. If you are reading Matt Hi!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Know nothing about the props - Candy could be the cane and I thought perhaps Charlie for the hat - bowler hat - Charlie Chaplin - ergo Charlie. But that's probably me making a huge illogical leap.:D
  • Options
    ojtocsojtocs Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There's nothing wrong with having confidence in your own ability. Laura's a talented girl. She's not full of herself tho so I doubt if this report is true. Glad there won't be any flying this year :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not online at the moment, its only in the physical paper. Its hardly a suprise coming from the Sun which is a pro Johnson and perhaps pro Chloe paper. But this story has Mr Evers written all over it. If you are reading Matt Hi![/QUOTE]

Call me foolish but I have no idea what you are alluding to here. have I missed something massive?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ojtocs wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with having confidence in your own ability. Laura's a talented girl. She's not full of herself tho so I doubt if this report is true. Glad there won't be any flying this year :D

Its not true, she's already posted about it on twitter and all of the contestants get tickets to the final. I get the impression that its a blatant attempt at a points scoring exercise by one of her rivals through one of the 'ex-contestants/pros'. Obviously someone is feeling threatened if they need to put rubbish like that out into the tabloids.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its not online at the moment, its only in the physical paper. Its hardly a suprise coming from the Sun which is a pro Johnson and perhaps pro Chloe paper. But this story has Mr Evers written all over it. If you are reading Matt Hi![/QUOTE]

Call me foolish but I have no idea what you are alluding to here. have I missed something massive?

I heard on here that he sells 'stories' to the press.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? Who posted that then? Sound's fabulously bitter doesn't it, the poster I mean.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member

Laura tweeted this morning: What Stories will The Sun make up next - seriously!!!!!

Guess that means this isn't true. :rolleyes: Apart from that ALL contestants will be back for the final show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Really? Who posted that then? Sound's fabulously bitter doesn't it, the poster I mean.

I can't remember, but it would hardly be suprising that a pro/contestant would sell such a story, to make money, to attempt to score points with negative PR and for the sick thrill of knowing you are passing duff info to the press. If you're referring to the story in The Sun about Laura Hamilton I would agree........I can't really see anything other the nasty motivation for it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was refering to the possibility of a pro skater who has been with the series since day 1 doing something like that. Seems a very bitter thing for somebody on here to post. Then again, there are a lot of bitter people on DS.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was refering to the possibility of a pro skater who has been with the series since day 1 doing something like that. Seems a very bitter thing for somebody on here to post. Then again, there are a lot of bitter people on DS.

Hmm...so you don't think Matt would do it or is capable of it, I think you are underestimating him.
  • Options
    ojtocsojtocs Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't remember, but it would hardly be suprising that a pro/contestant would sell such a story, to make money, to attempt to score points with negative PR and for the sick thrill of knowing you are passing duff info to the press. If you're referring to the story in The Sun about Laura Hamilton I would agree........I can't really see anything other the nasty motivation for it.

I sincerely hope that no-one involved in DOI would do such a thing. I'd far rather believe that the Sun made it up to sell more papers. Maybe I'm just naive :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I would rather give people I don't know the benefit of the doubt, bearing in mind how many lies have been told on here in the past :)

If you know him personally, then it is a very different matter I am sure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ojtocs wrote: »
    I sincerely hope that no-one involved in DOI would do such a thing. I'd far rather believe that the Sun made it up to sell more papers. Maybe I'm just naive :(

I'd say it was a touch of naivety or wanting to see the best in people. The Sun won't sell anymore papers on the basis of this story, its small fry so it boils down to the motives of the person that sold the story to the Sun.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say it was a touch of naivety or wanting to see the best in people. The Sun won't sell anymore papers on the basis of this story, its small fry so it boils down to the motives of the person that sold the story to the Sun.
    Can't see any motivation for Matt here - it's not as if he's still in the competition.

I don't doubt you read something on here suggesting he sells stories to the press (though I didn't see the post/thread myself) but without some evidence to back it up I'd treat the rumour with caution.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ignazio wrote: »
    Can't see any motivation for Matt here - it's not as if he's still in the competition.

I don't doubt you read something on here suggesting he sells stories to the press (though I didn't see the post/thread myself) but without some evidence to back it up I'd treat the rumour with caution.

Does he have friends that are still in the competition though?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does he have friends that are still in the competition though?
    I imagine they've all got friends still in the competition - and in view of the fact that Laura has been in the skate off twice then the perpetrator (if there is one - which I doubt) would be better targeting one with more perceived popularity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ignazio wrote: »
    I imagine they've all got friends still in the competition - and in view of the fact that Laura has been in the skate off twice then the perpetrator (if there is one - which I doubt) would be better targeting one with more perceived popularity.

Which begs the question who would be motivated to do it?
  • Options
    footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,219
    Forum Member

Is there supposed to be a bit of rivalry between Laura and Chloe and didn't Laura allegedly say that Chloe flirts with Colin (IIRC). Is it a bit of tit for tat

Or could it have been someone withing Chloe's immediate circle. From all accounts she seems to get on well with Sam and Jeff. Johnson is not the type to stick the knife in
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Truly don't know - inclined to think it's just more red top lies.
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    footygirl wrote: »
    Is there supposed to be a bit of rivalry between Laura and Chloe and didn't Laura allegedly say that Chloe flirts with Colin (IIRC). Is it a bit of tit for tat

Or could it have been someone withing Chloe's immediate circle. From all accounts she seems to get on well with Sam and Jeff. Johnson is not the type to stick the knife in

Maybe its Phillip Schofield. He has stated before that Laura is extremely competitive. ;)
    Maybe its just The Sun making stuff up. They do like Johnson and Chloe a lot and featured an article a few weeks ago from insiders stating that Laura was acting as if she had won already and didnt mix much with the others.
  • Options
    footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,219
    Forum Member
    Maybe its Phillip Schofield. He has stated before that Laura is extremely competitive. ;)
    Maybe its just The Sun making stuff up. They do like Johnson and Chloe a lot and featured an article a few weeks ago from insiders stating that Laura was acting as if she had won already and didnt mix much with the others.

Given the circulation of the Sun it will not do Laura any favours. I think she could be skating off with Jeff withis weekend