Andy Coulson

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 374
Forum Member

Comments

• Options
    paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    LoudGeoffW wrote: »

Sorry, do we allow heresay and trial by media as proof of someone's guilt now.

There is nothing new here when it comes to Coulson.

Even if he had signed the expenses claims for the reporters engaging the investigator it is hardly going to say - Paying police officers for information recieved' is it?

Nothing has yet been proven when it comes to the Coulson affair - the guy has been hounded out of a 2nd job, and people still want more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You have a touching faith in the activities of News International.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you're squeaky clean you don't quit your job.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Problem with this story is who else will investigate, other than the media (I think Panorama are covering phone hacking on Monday). The good old boys in blue at the Met seem to be rather entwined in the story themselves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Problem with this story is who else will investigate, other than the media (I think Panorama are covering phone hacking on Monday). The good old boys in blue at the Met seem to be rather entwined in the story themselves.

The Met is full of bent coppers

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/mar/11/scotland-yard-murder-case-daniel-morgan

And it's not just the Met.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm no conspiracy nut, but you'd have to be blind not to view to the close relationship between certain senior Met officers, the upper echelons of NI, and the lamentable failure to investigate the hacking charges as a bit dubious.
  • Options
    AftershowAftershow Posts: 10,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You do if you become the story in a role where your job is to control the stories.

I don't know exactly what he's been up to, but i'd rather his guilt or innocence was proven in a court of law, not trial by Guardian.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aftershow wrote: »
    You do if you become the story in a role where your job is to control the stories.

I don't know exactly what he's been up to, but i'd rather his guilt or innocence was proven in a court of law, not trial by Guardian.

Is he suing the Guardian?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aftershow wrote: »

Bad press never stopped Alistair Campbell. Coulson's a big boy - he can stand up for himself (provided Rebekah holds his hand). It'll be interesting to see what happens when all the celebrities cases come to court, and we finally get to hear what Ian Edmonson has to say for himself. Not holding out much hope for the glorious Met - the fact they wait for NI to 'supply' them with evidence, rather than getting a warrant doesn't fill me with much hope.
  • Options
    fortytwofortytwo Posts: 1,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm no conspiracy nut, but you'd have to be blind not to view to the close relationship between certain senior Met officers, the upper echelons of NI, and the lamentable failure to investigate the hacking charges as a bit dubious.

I agree, it's just not possible to have an impartial and full investigation into the NoW hacking affair when the people doing the investigation are routinely dining with the alleged hackers.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/news-of-world-bosses-dined-with-met-chief-2222814.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, do we allow heresay and trial by media as proof of someone's guilt now.

There is nothing new here when it comes to Coulson.

Even if he had signed the expenses claims for the reporters engaging the investigator it is hardly going to say - Paying police officers for information recieved' is it?

Nothing has yet been proven when it comes to the Coulson affair - the guy has been hounded out of a 2nd job, and people still want more.

Somehow I think if this had been a Labour MP you wouldn't show as much fairness.

It's funny how such a story has just disappeared from the public eye. We had lesser 'scandlous' things going on under the labour government that stayed in the news for months on end.
  • Options
    duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Met is full of bent coppers

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/mar/11/scotland-yard-murder-case-daniel-morgan

And it's not just the Met.

What a stunningly foolish generalisation.

Derrick Bird, who killed 12 people was a taxi driver.

Does that mean that taxi firms are full of murdering nutjobs?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dfgh wrote: »
    Somehow I think if this had been a Labour MP you wouldn't show as much fairness.

It's funny how such a story has just disappeared from the public eye. We had lesser 'scandlous' things going on under the labour government that stayed in the news for months on end.

It is astonishing how little coverage this story receives, considering its potential. One has to wonder.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/murdoch-ally-warned-mp-not-to-pursue-hacking-scandal-2238673.html
  • Options
    nottinghamcnottinghamc Posts: 11,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, the guardian, still publishing the same facts slightly differently to prove their point. They've been after Coulson for how many years now, and still can't find anything against him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He left because the Guardian and others had already decided he was guilty and so he had become a story. Quitting doesn't make him guilty, evidence does that, something which the Guardian has been unable to find, despite years and years of trying.
  • Options
    AlezAlez Posts: 1,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, the guardian..

The Guardian supports the coalition, they are a pro Tory/Lib paper.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, the guardian, still publishing the same facts slightly differently to prove their point. They've been after Coulson for how many years now, and still can't find anything against him.

Are you saiyng NOTW never paid Met officers. Either Andy Coulson didn't know what went on in his newspaper or he didn't. Either way incompetent.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Er, these facts regarding Jonathan Rees only came out two days ago, as the murder case was pending.You really haven't quite grasped the implications here - it's not just Coulson, but the glorious boys in blue that have rather more questions they need to answer.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/senior-met-officer-should-face-mps-over-phone-hacking-2239758.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alez wrote: »
    The Guardian supports the coalition, they are a pro Tory/Lib paper.

Erm, no they don't. They oppose the conservatives and always have, they asked people to vote lib dem at the election but have since been virulantly opposed to them. Where has this titbit come from exactly?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you saiyng NOTW never paid Met officers. Either Andy Coulson didn't know what went on in his newspaper or he didn't. Either way incompetent.

Which is why he quit his job, and where did I say anything about MET officer?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Er, these facts regarding Jonathan Rees only came out two days ago, as the murder case was pending.You really haven't quite grasped the implications here - it's not just Coulson, but the glorious boys in blue that have rather more questions they need to answer.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/senior-met-officer-should-face-mps-over-phone-hacking-2239758.html

What has Coulson got to answer though? What evidence is there he knew people were being paid off? It always comes down to people saying 'oh he must have known' which isn't exactly a compelling reason to send someone to jail, or 'well, he was incompetant then' which he admitted and which is why he quit as editor of the NOTW.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which is why he quit his job, and where did I say anything about MET officer?

So you admit he was incompetent then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So you admit he was incompetent then.

Obviously, which is why he quit as editor, he said he should have known and resigned.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obviously, which is why he quit as editor, he said he should have known and resigned.

Then why did Cameron employ him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then why did Cameron employ him.

To give him a second chance, or do you believe that he should never work again?