Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    frailfuryfrailfury Posts: 7,222
    Forum Member
    Oh, and the Tombola sponsor before and after Emmerdale.

All saddo's who spend their lives playing Bingo online and chatting to each other, then all meet up at the fair? All ugly too which is no suprise with them being internetters.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's lurpak but can't be sure. Anyway the annoying 'angelic' type music in the background and the dramatic voiceover just becasue some plonker is cooking an omletter really grinds my gears.

The disneyland advert is shameless, one of the dads on it does not look happy at all that he has been brow beaten into taking his kids to disneyland.

The direct line insurance advert - please just go away!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    frailfury wrote: »
    All ugly too which is no suprise with them being internetters.
    I say, I've never been so insulted. :cry:
  • Options
    frailfuryfrailfury Posts: 7,222
    Forum Member
    bondgirl1 wrote: »
    I think it's lurpak but can't be sure. Anyway the annoying 'angelic' type music in the background and the dramatic voiceover just becasue some plonker is cooking an omletter really grinds my gears.

The disneyland advert is shameless, one of the dads on it does not look happy at all that he has been brow beaten into taking his kids to disneyland.

The direct line insurance advert - please just go away!

Also the laser eye surgery advert usually shown in the morning. Right at the end with the woman in the box, what the hell is she doing with her eyes? The surgery obviously didn't work!

The Disneyland advert is frustrating and clearly fake. Those poor kids after the director shouts "CUT" then get told they aint really going anywhere.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the Disneyworld/land whatever ones ... where the 'Mum' goes "would you like to" with her uppity voice, wish the kid had of turned around and went " duh, no thanks come back to me when you can afford Florida"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mummymaz wrote: »
    the Disneyworld/land whatever ones ... where the 'Mum' goes "would you like to" with her uppity voice, wish the kid had of turned around and went " duh, no thanks come back to me when you can afford Florida"

LOL!

The short term cash loans ones annoy me. 1700% APR?! That's one way of helping with the countries debt!
  • Options
    Brain DonorBrain Donor Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Jane needs your help to plan her wedding"

AARRGGHH! :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,121
    Forum Member
    kyussmondo wrote: »
    LOL!

The short term cash loans ones annoy me. 1700% APR?! That's one way of helping with the countries debt!

Only 1700%! I must borrow lots from there now.

Wonga.com charge the very reasonable "Representative APR" of a mere 4214%.

The only difference between them and loan sharks is they send threatening letters BEFORE they call for the heavies with the 2x4s to break your knees :)
  • Options
    LoonLoon Posts: 3,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kylie. I'm sorry. I love you. But that stupid ad. Cars are meant to PURR! And you are an Aussie so why are you speaking like the Queen?!

I feel like I'm commited heresy...
  • Options
    HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most ads annoy me lol. I always turn over when they come on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The advert with Martin Kemp and the chef Marco Peirre White talking about gravy over lunch must be a new low.

It's worse than the one with Marco all smug with all the women, who make gross noiseys as they eat.

Has Martin Kemp fallen on hard times or something. The lines was so cheesy and forced.
  • Options
    LillithLillith Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hate the ad for My 50 plus clothes catalogue. That woman makes my blood boil and the daughter saying" Mum still has it", well she can keep it! As if a friend would say,"Looking gorgeous as usual". The husband must earn a fortune just to keep her in clothes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate the L'Oreal ad line 'Because we're worth it!'

As my old English teacher would say you should always back up a 'because' statement with your reasons.

Why are they worth it?

And worth what - a £2.49 bottle of shampoo evidently:p
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Lillith wrote: »
    I really hate the ad for My 50 plus clothes catalogue. That woman makes my blood boil and the daughter saying" Mum still has it", well she can keep it! As if a friend would say,"Looking gorgeous as usual". The husband must earn a fortune just to keep her in clothes.
    She should be doing ads for sterodent with those noshers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    "Jane needs your help to plan her wedding"

AARRGGHH! :mad:

Oh jeez, I actually got a TEXT from BT asking to help plan Jane's bloody wedding. Considering they recently managed to mess up the simple task of installing a phone line in our flat, I am on the brink of sending an uppity letter telling them to get their priorities in order!
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    still find this one annoying
    One I find annoying and odd is the latest Sky ad.

http://www.visit4info.com/advert/Hap...roadband/84702
    Her pronunciation of vegetables and perverse is annoying
    and just the talk about putting vegetables in her bed is odd
    Isn't it supposed to be a takeoff of The Princess and the Pea?
    When she says vegetables I always think of lan Bennett
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    The gravy and Turkey ones with Mr. Smug, Marco Pierre White, is annoying.
  • Options
    IstvanIstvan Posts: 4,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jacob's Creek "Wines";

That straight talking, dunno sounds more like "In vino veritas" and the first person to say that was lying thro his teeth and pissed out of his mind'
    still goes well on fish and chips, new crisps flavor "Salt and Jacob's Creek"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mijath wrote: »
    I say, I've never been so insulted. :cry:
    you should get out more then :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aspartame wrote: »
    Only 1700%! I must borrow lots from there now.

Wonga.com charge the very reasonable "Representative APR" of a mere 4214%.

The only difference between them and loan sharks is they send threatening letters BEFORE they call for the heavies with the 2x4s to break your knees :)
    and six out of work jockeys
    'onest Ron, 'onest Ron
    the others are a con
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lillith wrote: »
    I really hate the ad for My 50 plus clothes catalogue. That woman makes my blood boil and the daughter saying" Mum still has it", well she can keep it!
    Well I would :D
    The husband must earn a fortune just to keep her in clothes.
    or maybe SHE does :rolleyes:

but then with her figure, who'd want tokeep her IN clothes ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Has anyone seen that advert for "Harvesters" yet, I think it;s quite a recent one was watching ITV2 today and it kept coming on and it's really horrible.

I don't know in what way it;s supposed to make us want to visit their restaurants.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    Istvan wrote: »
    Jacob's Creek "Wines";

That straight talking, dunno sounds more like "In vino veritas" and the first person to say that was lying thro his teeth and pissed out of his mind'
    still goes well on fish and chips, new crisps flavor "Salt and Jacob's Creek"

Which brand is it who advertise on Dave with 'characters'?

I'd love to slap the smug bunch of North London bastards.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    cassie1990 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen that advert for "Harvesters" yet, I think it;s quite a recent one was watching ITV2 today and it kept coming on and it's really horrible.

I don't know in what way it;s supposed to make us want to visit their restaurants.

Oh God, I've quite liked Harvester when I've been there but that ad is so cheesy, trying to make a song/rap out of them cooking and taking orders :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bradders wrote: »
    Which brand is it who advertise on Dave with 'characters'?

I'd love to slap the smug bunch of North London bastards.
    Aye lad it's grim up North London
This discussion has been closed.