Options

Chris Moyles to host 37 hour radio show

Comments

• Options
    zippydoodahzippydoodah Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why?........

Why do you think? It was a true celebratory moment.
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's an amazing acheivement. They will deserve the few weeks off after this. Hopefully we will see them on Friday TV.
  • Options
    jolly turnipjolly turnip Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are doing amazingly well.

Agree re the comment about Mistajam - certainly worthy of a place at depping daytime/weekends if he happy with the music.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    I'm loving Chris, he really is an amazing broadcaster! :eek: I honestly don't know if I could be interesting and funny for 10 mins, never mind 26 hours.

I liked him before, but now I really respect him as an amazing broadcaster. :)
    I've been watching lots of this and yes, he is better and more personable than I gave him credit for. For me, he is more entertaining when, like this, I can see him as well as hear him.

I can take or leave him and I won't be bothering to tune to his normal show, but he and Dave are certainly doing a grand job on this.

I've also learned that the daytime playlist is not to my taste, whereas the evenings and nights have some music I like.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do you think? It was a true celebratory moment.

not really there has been bigger things to celebrate
  • Options
    KnowAll27KnowAll27 Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never really listened to 1Xtra, largely because the few times I've come across it when changing channels it hasn't sounded that interesting. However, I'm really enjoying MistaJam's 'show' - which might be tricky, as I love Zane's show as well.

Which one to choose?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not really there has been bigger things to celebrate

If you are unable to appreciate what has been done then why are you actually on this thread? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A reminder that Chris and Dave will co-present with the legendary Annie Nightingale at 2am. Should be an interesting listen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KnowAll27 wrote: »
    I've never really listened to 1Xtra, largely because the few times I've come across it when changing channels it hasn't sounded that interesting. However, I'm really enjoying MistaJam's 'show' - which might be tricky, as I love Zane's show as well.

Which one to choose?

Sounds like a Harry Hill TV Burp stye fight coming on! :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Which one to choose?

Use listen again for the best of both worlds, that's what I do if there is a clash.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you are unable to appreciate what has been done then why are you actually on this thread? :rolleyes:

i do appreciate
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i do appreciate

So with your logic, if you had a beaten a goal or a record of yours which could cause a scene of celebration. You would think, hang on lets leave it, someone else out there deserves it;

Just out of interest what would be a better cause of celebration?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that Chris is still on his feet, having largely stood since 6.30 am yesterday, is almost as impressive as the total!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So with your logic, if you had a beaten a goal or a record of yours which could cause a scene of celebration. You would think, hang on lets leave it, someone else out there deserves it;

Just out of interest what would be a better cause of celebration?

no i would celebrate, the point i was making was, you were saying you wanted to be there, and i was saying theres bigger things to celebrate where i would have like to have been at
  • Options
    Toffee GuyToffee Guy Posts: 2,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i do appreciate

Just out of interest, what are the 'bigger things to celebrate' you refer to?

You never specified. Do you mean in terms of broadcasting? In terms of real life? I think you need to be more specific.

Personally I think what's they've done is very good and impressive, in terms of endurance broadcasting, making sure they remained professional and never made any faux pas and had any 'Newsnight' 'slip of the tongues'. Yeah, it's not working down a coal mine or in a busy hospital A&E, but in the context of 'their working world', they've done great.
  • Options
    kyresakyresa Posts: 16,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact that Chris is still on his feet, having largely stood since 6.30 am yesterday, is almost as impressive as the total!

He sat down for a bit late late last night, and then said he couldn't do it and just stood up again!
  • Options
    BurstfireBurstfire Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is chris on facebook?

I just saw the monitor in front of him and it deffo looked like Facebook
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Burstfire wrote: »
    Is chris on facebook?

I just saw the monitor in front of him and it deffo looked like Facebook

Dunno about Chris specifically, but there's an official Chris Moyles show facebook page - he might have been on that?
  • Options
    Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent mix from Moyles so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think we're going to get any more celeb guests tonight? They were originally supposed to be off air by now, so there might not be anyone lined up.
  • Options
    thestu6thestu6 Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    A great achievement by Chris but it got me wondering, when Simon Mayo did it in 1999 what was Chris doing, where was he working? Did anyone thing it would be possible again?

And in 5-10 years time do you think anyone could do it again, I could not see Greg James or Nick Grimshaw lasting 37 hours somehow
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris & Dave R1 & Onextra mix for an hour. I bet OneExtra listeners are enjoying this?
  • Options
    macuk83macuk83 Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whats the schedule for the next 15 hours? Any other special guests coming in?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i hear gary barlow will be cumming in
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have i missed Patrick Kielty or is he coming in later?