Options

Donald Trump may run for President - not April Fool

Comments

• Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.newshounds.us/2011/04/04/bernard_goldberg_a_source_says_donald_trump_has_made_up_his_mind_to_run_for_president.php
    Goldberg announced that someone “in a position to know” told him earlier that “Donald Trump has made up his mind and that as of today, barring any unforeseen circumstances, he will - he will run for the nomination, the Republican nomination for president of the United States. That’s as of today and that’s barring any unforeseen circumstances.”
  • Options
    David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack1 wrote: »
    Donald Trump is not a viable candidate for presidency as his comments have proven, He is just trying to gain publcity.

At this time its vital that Obama is defeated and I don't believe Trump or Palin will run. Neither of them is capable of beating Obama. As I have said previously Romney has one of the best chances of defeating Obama, the stumbling blocks for him are Romneycare and his religion in the Primaries. If he got to the general election he would be very dangerous.
    boksbox wrote: »
    Vital? What's it to do with you? Do you get a vote?

It's a charming idea to think that the American President's influence on global affairs ends at the US shoreline, but I don't think it's been that way for about a hundred years.

Can I just say I think it's vital that Obama isn't defeated?
  • Options
    divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think that Trump is entirely bonkers, though I'd say that he has no chance in hell of getting the Republican nomination. There are too many skeletons in his closet and he's told more than a few porkies about his assets.
  • Options
    jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally think Donald Trump would make a brilliant president.

He is Powerful
    He is Passionate
    He is Very Patriotic and Loves his Country.
    He is Smart,
    Everything he will do will be for the benefit of the USA.
    I think he is a good person.
    These attributes are far more than previous so called elected leaders have had in the past

I think he will make a fantastic president.,

Your thoughts appreciated.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,207
    Forum Member
    I think he is very smart and has the right ideas for being President .The USA Apprentice show is great .
  • Options
    MetalManMetalMan Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hasn't got a chance. Obama's too popular.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,207
    Forum Member
    MetalMan wrote: »

He is in Kenya ....he seems a bit creepy
  • Options
    BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jules1000 wrote: »

He is Powerful
    He is Passionate
    He is Smart,
    These attributes are far more than previous so called elected leaders have had in the past

I'm guessing you've not heard about some of his views and potential policies then. I hope he doesn't get in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MetalMan wrote: »

I have to disagree..

How and Why?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is in Kenya ....he seems a bit creepy

What's the fact he's in Kenya got to do with it? Are you suggesting because he's in Kenya he's a bit creepy or are they two separate views of yours?
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He is Powerful
    He is Passionate
    He is Smart,

Are you are aware of his past?, he'd be destroyed very quickly in any political campaign.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm guessing you've not heard about some of his views and potential policies then. I hope he doesn't get in.

I have heard his views but sometimes Liberalism to the extreme and detriment is'nt always a good thing. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you are aware of his past?, he'd be destroyed very quickly in any political campaign.

I like the fact Trump is going to drive the pace car at the Indy 500 this year. It's a Chevy Camaro convertible. I look forward to seeing his hair blowing in the breeze. :D:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have heard his views but sometimes Liberalism to the extreme and detriment is'nt always a good thing. ;)

I agree but i'm guessing you'd not have to live under his presidency and would be safely elsewhere. I'd like to see Hilary Clinton as President. Sadly it's looking unlikely now at any point in future.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Bankruptsy etc.,

A Fighter always comes back and wins it is in their very being and nature :)
  • Options
    2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't touch Trump with a barge pole. He'd be worse than Bush hands down. Just barmy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2+2=5 wrote: »
    Wouldn't touch Trump with a barge pole. He'd be worse than Bush hands down. Just barmy.

I totally disagree with that I do not believe for one second that he is a blood hungry war monger...definately not.
  • Options
    HenryGartenHenryGarten Posts: 24,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trump is economical with the truth ie on the level of support for his golf course in Scotland. He claimed 93%...oh right.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    He almost makes Sarah Palin look sane :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trump is economical with the truth ie on the level of support for his golf course in Scotland. He claimed 93%...oh right.

I think all businessmen have the capacity for porkie pies and white lies about a golf course are pretty darrn innocent compared to many.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He almost makes Sarah Palin look sane :(

In what way? Explain yourself?
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    In what way? Explain yourself?

e.g. on gay marriage:
    "They should not be able to marry," he said. But asked whether gay couples should be able access the same benefits as married couples, he said his "attitude on it has not been fully formed."

Given a second to think, Trump said on marriage and civil benefits, "As of this moment, I would say no and no."

Disgusting old fool.
  • Options
    HenryGartenHenryGarten Posts: 24,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think all businessmen have the capacity for porkie pies and white lies about a golf course are pretty darrn innocent compared to many.
    Lies are lies.
  • Options
    MetalManMetalMan Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to disagree..

How and Why?

When Obama gets into campaign mode, there's NOTHING like him.

Doesn't matter how good of a president he is, the fact that he gives great speeches is all that counts.

I saw people physically CRY at my uni after his nomination speech at Denver. People will crying all over the world when he gives out his amazing speeches again. 250,000 people in Berlin, remember that? He could do that again, the man is simply GOD.

His approval rating can be down in the early 40s but with his wonder speeches he'll be back up to near 60 again. Until of course the election passes and he returns to 40 something again.
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    President Trump? Will he change the name of Washington DC to Trumpton? How about having a silent but deadly foreign policy?