Options

Game Of Thrones Season 1 UK Pace (NO SPOILERS)

VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
I just thought I'd start this thread in preparation for tonight :)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I hope its as good as people are saying its gonna be.
    Just hope its not a lord of the rings meets legend of the seeker as I didn't really like either of these.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    Its on a completely different wold to Legend of the seeker! LOFTS was produced on a tiny budget compared to that of GOT, and it was presented as a "family friendly" show. GOT has taken a completely different take and is very adult. Its more Lord of the Rings in some ways.

Just watched episode 1 and the series is worth watching if only to admire it for its fantastic visuals and attentiveness to detail in its presentation of everything. Storywise the opener does a great job and hints at a very interesting story if you are into power, lust, battles, treachery, etc all in a Middle Earth / Fantasy type setting. All in all, Episode 1 was STUNNING!
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well spaintv didnt steer me wrong on the walking dead so i am definetly watching this!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    well spaintv didnt steer me wrong on the walking dead so i am definetly watching this!

:)Thanks. You won't be disappointed! I've commented on the opener(without spoilers relating to plot - just commenting on the production side of things) in the USPace thread.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spaintv wrote: »
    Its on a completely different wold to Legend of the seeker! LOFTS was produced on a tiny budget compared to that of GOT, and it was presented as a "family friendly" show. GOT has taken a completely different take and is very adult. Its more Lord of the Rings in some ways.

I will give it a go just worried the fantasy element of the show may put me off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ill check ya post out spaintv,

i want the fantasy element personally,i want it to be larger than life
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Im looking forward to watching this tonight, I enjoyed legend of the seeker, and dont mind so much if its quite similar to it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    O'Neill wrote: »
    Im looking forward to watching this tonight, I enjoyed legend of the seeker, and dont mind so much if its quite similar to it.

i also enjoyed Legend of the Seeker, but this is in a class of its own and is a million times superior! Im one of those who is keen for Legend of the Seeker to return to TV, but would love for it to return in the vein of Game of Thrones instead of the "cheaper made for syndication markets TV format" in which it was made, no matter how good it was too :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ill check ya post out spaintv,

i want the fantasy element personally,i want it to be larger than life

There aren't that many stereotypical "fantasy" elements. It's more to do with politics and warfare
  • Options
    fodg09fodg09 Posts: 3,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently there is only going to be one ad break per episode.
  • Options
    SpacedoneSpacedone Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fodg09 wrote: »
    Apparently there is only going to be one ad break per episode.

...which will last 20 minutes. Probably.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    There aren't that many stereotypical "fantasy" elements. It's more to do with politics and warfare

still sounds engrossing:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    still sounds engrossing:D

I should have said I meant that as a good thing :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    I should have said I meant that as a good thing :)

dont worry you didnt need too,dont think ive heard a bad word said yet about this show
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dont worry you didnt need too,dont think ive heard a bad word said yet about this show

I'm fully expecting someone from the Daily Heil to complain about all the sexual shenanigans.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cant be as bad as spartacus in that department!
  • Options
    iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boobs everyhwere :D:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iamsofired wrote: »
    Boobs everyhwere :D:o

And other body parts (not always attached to the body). :D I've been lucky enough to seen the first 2 episodes, and i'd say it's of a similar gore/boobage ratio to True Blood. ;)

The overall tone of it though reminded me of the old Robin of Sherwood series more than anything else actually. Dark, medieval, and fantasy, but without being really in your face with the fantasy elements. Fantastic show and well worth the watch. :)
  • Options
    handymelonhandymelon Posts: 15,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *is very excited* :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daveydje wrote: »
    And other body parts (not always attached to the body). :D I've been lucky enough to seen the first 2 episodes, and i'd say it's of a similar gore/boobage ratio to True Blood. ;)

The overall tone of it though reminded me of the old Robin of Sherwood series more than anything else actually. Dark, medieval, and fantasy, but without being really in your face with the fantasy elements. Fantastic show and well worth the watch. :)

The recent BBC verson of Robin Hood wasn't a patch on Robin of Sherwood, or as I like to call it "the 80s hippie version" :D Nick Grace and Bob Addie wipe the floor with Keith Allen and Richard Armitage
  • Options
    arkark Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just on Sky Atlantic? grrr
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here we go.....
  • Options
    roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,932
    Forum Member
    ark wrote: »
    Just on Sky Atlantic? grrr
    There's rumours of it coming to BBC, but nothing confirmed. It'll certainly be a while till it happens though. Perhaps late in the year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is great!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    No subtitles whatsoever, even though it is marked on the EPG and Digiguide as having subtitles.

Terrible. Better explain yourselves Sky.

edit: Just noticed now they ninja-changed the EPG info to take away the S tag. Sneaky.