Options

Bad news Orange moving abroad, good news workers can keep there jobs - BUT ???

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
Forum Member
This story is a couple of days old now and although I can see the funny side, its not funny at all. If this story is true it just shows the contempt that Orange have for there Customers and workers - no wonder Orange and T mobile are going down the pan!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/telecoms/8458555/Orange-tells-call-centre-workers-they-can-keep-their-jobs-if-they-relocate-to-the-Philippines.html

Comments

• Options
    carnivalistcarnivalist Posts: 4,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assume this menas an end to Orange UK Customer Services? If so, I'm off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest with you, I already thought orange customer services was already in Asia judging by the accents of the people when I call.........
  • Options
    clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest with you, I already thought orange customer services was already in Asia judging by the accents of the people when I call.........

The majority of their customer services definitely *are* based offshore - more than just the accents, its the overall attitude.

I was mildly surrprised when I last called - first spoke to someone offshore who was actually very good - polite, clearly spoken, helpful, then I got put through to someone in the UK who was equally good.

Doubt thats typical of their customer services though.
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always spoken to UK based CS with Orange... they can be hit and miss anyway! :D
  • Options
    ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    An Orange employee who decline to be named told The Northern Echo that: “No-one in their right mind would want to move to Manila.

To be honest I rather live in Manilla than Darlington. Who in their right mind would live in Darlington?
  • Options
    mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    ACU wrote: »
    To be honest I rather live in Manilla than Darlington. Who in their right mind would live in Darlington?

i lol'd
  • Options
    Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member

I can assure you that I'm not in Asia ;)

The EE Press Office are attempting to get the article corrected as it does contain errors.
  • Options
    tortfeasortortfeasor Posts: 7,000
    Forum Member
    clonmult wrote: »

I was mildly surrprised when I last called - first spoke to someone offshore who was actually very good - polite, clearly spoken, helpful, then I got put through to someone in the UK who was equally good.

Doubt thats typical of their customer services though.

Funnily enough I had a similar experience when I telephoned customer services back in February. It still took me a good 10 minutes before I actually spoke to somebody though.