Options

Spartacus: Gods of the Arena - Sky One - 21st of Match.

Comments

• Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^methinks there are loads of fans who followed the series US pace and are staying away from here so as to not run the risk of posting any spoilers - though maybe that's just me :)
  • Options
    fossilbearfossilbear Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    ^methinks there are loads of fans who followed the series US pace and are staying away from here so as to not run the risk of posting any spoilers - though maybe that's just me :)

Guess you may be right as i can't believe not many people have chosen to watch this.
  • Options
    petestanpetestan Posts: 3,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fossilbear wrote: »
    Love this series. I'm surprised there aren't more posts on this programme. I'm wondering if there aren't many viewers. Hope i'm wrong as they are missing an excellent series :(

According to the barb figures it was the top programme on sky1 for the week of April 3rd and 10th with 1,028,000 and 1,057,000 viewers.

http://www.barb.co.uk/report/weeklyTopProgrammes/?
  • Options
    SurferfishSurferfish Posts: 7,700
    Forum Member
    fossilbear wrote: »
    Love this series. I'm surprised there aren't more posts on this programme. I'm wondering if there aren't many viewers. Hope i'm wrong as they are missing an excellent series :(

Agreed. The best thing on TV at the moment IMO. Game of Thrones seems to be getting all the headlines at the moment but Spartacus is better. Bit surprised at the lack of posts on it?
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johnF1971 wrote: »
    Agreed. The best thing on TV at the moment IMO. Game of Thrones seems to be getting all the headlines at the moment but Spartacus is better. Bit surprised at the lack of posts on it?

A lot of us watched at US pace, so won't be posting now.
    As for Game of Thrones - bit early to be calling a judgement as only one episode of Got has been shown - but it was miles better than episode one of Spartacus: Blood and sand - mind you thats more of a testament to how poor I thought Spartacus was at the start:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    game of thrones and spartacus are both great in different ways, there is space for both in my viewing world...

Spartacus more low budget BUT fantastic story and characters - Lucretia was great this week
    'tell me you are not the serpent I thought you were'
    'no I'm not. I'm MUCH worse'

ha ha - love her
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

After seeing the first episode of Game of thones then spartacus wins hands down, I know they are different sort of programs but for pure watching excitement then its Spartacus.
    I found GOT extremely boring to be honest, cant see what on earth all the fuss is about.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    Loved last night’s episode I knew Lucretia would poison Titus you can see how she is changing from the quite meek character in the beginning to the Lucretia we know from Blood & Sand.

But poor Melitta :cry: didnt see that coming was hoping that she would run off with Gannicus but there is never is a happy ending hey !

Glad the slave girl (not sure her name) got away :)
    Couldn't agree more,:cool:......just got round to watching the last episode last night.....And I'm just waiting for Tullius, to meet his maker..;)

But the the Bloody Start....you just knew, was a Dream...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    fossilbearfossilbear Posts: 234
    Forum Member

Agree 100%
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I have been watching God's of Arena surpised how good it is.

Anybody know if Sky are going to show Blood and sands?:
  • Options
    SilverkingSilverking Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    petestan wrote: »
    According to the barb figures it was the top programme on sky1 for the week of April 3rd and 10th with 1,028,000 and 1,057,000 viewers.

http://www.barb.co.uk/report/weeklyTopProgrammes/?
    Dewolf1974 wrote: »
    I have been watching God's of Arena surpised how good it is.

Anybody know if Sky are going to show Blood and sands?:
    With ratings like that I'm sure Sky will try their best to get hold of Blood and Sand.

Oh and I'm loving this series also!
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Silverking wrote: »
    With ratings like that I'm sure Sky will try their best to get hold of Blood and Sand.

Oh and I'm loving this series also!

Seeing as they purchased Bravo which showed Spartacus they've probably already got the rights
  • Options
    SpacedoneSpacedone Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found GOT extremely boring to be honest, cant see what on earth all the fuss is about.

There's a LOT of storyline and characters to set up in GoTs. It won't stay 'boring' for long.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spacedone wrote: »
    There's a LOT of storyline and characters to set up in GoTs. It won't stay 'boring' for long.
    Well will be giving it one more week, had trouble staying awake after the first 20 minutes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For those asking blood and sand follows on after gods of the arena completes, same time, same channel, starts monday week.
    Thats why there is a series link still on the last episode of gods of the arena.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    For those asking blood and sand follows on after gods of the arena completes, same time, same channel, starts monday week.
    Thats why there is a series link still on the last episode of gods of the arena.

Fantastic!

I watched the first episode of Blood and Sand on Bravo but wasn't grabbed by it so didn't watch the rest if the series.

However, after watching and loving Gods of the Arena, I am looking forward to giving Blood and Sand another go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thistle77 wrote: »
    Fantastic!

I watched the first episode of Blood and Sand on Bravo but wasn't grabbed by it so didn't watch the rest if the series.

However, after watching and loving Gods of the Arena, I am looking forward to giving Blood and Sand another go.

And if you have HD you get to see it all in glorious HD :)
  • Options
    REVUpminsterREVUpminster Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last episode today and how will they top the previous blood and gore. I'm sure Tullius will find out.
  • Options
    ToneXIRToneXIR Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've stayed away simply because both shows I watched at US pace (don't worry the show was so good I watched them on Bravo/Sky again), so by April last year BaS was done and by February of this year GotA was done. Still maintain that both shows are the best shows on TV. Stylish, bold but the kicker is the writing. It's almost as if Steve DeKnight has written it in Latin and the re-translated it back, brilliantly done. Great direction too, especialy by Michael Hurst (aka Hercules mate, damn you Rami). Now bring on Spartacus:Vengence for January next year, 2 years late (hope Andy's recovering from his illness and good luck Liam his replacement), but it will be a corker!
    My ludis is better than your ludis;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    Loved last night’s episode I knew Lucretia would poison Titus you can see how she is changing from the quite meek character in the beginning to the Lucretia we know from Blood & Sand.

But poor Melitta :cry: didnt see that coming was hoping that she would run off with Gannicus but there is never is a happy ending hey !

Glad the slave girl (not sure her name) got away :)

:( You spoke too soon! :(

Great end to a great series. Just a pity it only lasted 6 episodes. That final battle was awesome although not for the squeamish. :eek: Glad to see Gannicus got given his freedom. I was expecting him to die as he wasn't in Blood and Sand. I wonder whether we'll see him in again in the new series?

Did anyone notice that Lucretia's hand was moving in the final scene? Does that mean she survived and will be in the new series?

I'll say again the 2 Spartacus series are without doubt one of the best things I've watched on TV in years and I'm surprised there are so few posts on it. :confused:
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :( You spoke too soon! :(

Great end to a great series. Just a pity it only lasted 6 episodes. That final battle was awesome although not for the squeamish. :eek: Glad to see Gannicus got given his freedom. I was expecting him to die as he wasn't in Blood and Sand. I wonder whether we'll see him in again in the new series?

Did anyone notice that Lucretia's hand was moving in the final scene? Does that mean she survived and will be in the new series?

I'll say again the 2 Spartacus series are without doubt one of the best things I've watched on TV in years and I'm surprised there are so few posts on it. :confused:

Seeing as he's one of Spartacus's generals I'll put money on us seeing him again.

The reason for so few posts is probably because a lot of people saw it at US pace and didn't want to comment incase we spoiled it for the UK pace viewers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    welwynrose wrote: »
    Seeing as he's one of Spartacus's generals I'll put money on us seeing him again.

The reason for so few posts is probably because a lot of people saw it at US pace and didn't want to comment incase we spoiled it for the UK pace viewers

Forgive my ignorance but what is "US pace"?
  • Options
    SonyJunkieSonyJunkie Posts: 1,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's where people watched it soon after the US broadcast by "acquiring" a copy!! :p
  • Options
    leithladleithlad Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

US pace is watching as the show airs in the states by some unknown method by people outside the US.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    leithlad wrote: »
    US pace is watching as the show airs in the states by some unknown method by people outside the US.;)

Presumably via the internet? Surely that's only going to be a relatively small minority of the general viewing population though isn't it?

Call me old fashioned, but I like to watch my favourite shows the way god intended. On a proper telly, broadcast by a UK TV company, not on some little computer screen via a dodgy internet feed, even if it means waiting a few weeks longer! :)