Options

Take That Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Options
    j24j24 Posts: 3,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I completely agree with you. I was a huge fan back in the day and was devastated when they split up, words can't describe how bad I felt, but this show was magical, words can't describe how good is was, or how much of a high I got from it. I am not sure I will ever get that feeling about anything again. It was special and will go down as one of the best times of my life.

I feel as though that could have been written about me, I completely echo your words xxxx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    Although I liked their songs when TT were first around, I wasn't really into them as I'd outgrown my teenybopper years by then.

I do however like their more mature sound as they are now.

However I was gobsmacked today to find that one of my favourite english songs which had been covered by a chinese artist was originally sung by Howard!

You TT fans will probably know it anyway but I love it when I come across little gems like this

Speak without words

Just wiki'd it and apparently it was never released - perhaps you TT fans could persuade him to put it on the next TT album?

enjoy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heres the info about the up-coming DVD and CD releases
    The Circus Live DVD & CD

With not long to go now before you can get your hands on the long awaited 'Take That Present: The Circus Live' DVD and 'The Greatest Day' live album, we thought we'd share some exclusive information with you all!

Read on for all the track listing information you will ever need and the exciting news of a special Fan Edition package that is sure to make your day, available exclusively on takethat.com!

Exclusive Track Listing News!

On 23rd November 'The Circus Live' DVD will be released, featuring TWO discs, including a studio session recorded at the famous Abbey Road Studios! You can pre-order this fan-must-have right now over on Amazon, HMV and Play.com.

Check out the track listing below...

DVD Disc 1: The Circus Live At Wembley Stadium

The Adventures Of A Lonely Balloon
    Greatest Day
    Hello
    Could It Be Magic
    Pray
    A Million Love Songs
    Back For Good
    The Garden
    Shine
    Up All Night
    Wooden Boat
    How Did It Come To This
    The Circus (includes: Love Ain't Here Anymore, Babe, Nobody Else and The Circus)
    What Is Love
    Clown Medley (includes: Do What You Like, Promises, It Only Takes A Minute and Take That And Party)
    Said It All
    Never Forget
    Patience
    Relight My Fire
    Hold Up A Light
    Rule The World

DVD Disc 2: In Session At Abbey Road

The Garden
    How Did It Come To This
    Greatest Day
    Up All Night
    Patience
    What Is Love
    The Circus
    Shine
    Rule The World
    Julie
    Said It All

On 30th November you'll be able to snap up 'The Greatest Day' live album on double CD, including recordings from the tour and the Abbey Road Studios session. Pre-order your copy on Amazon, Play.com and soon on HMV.

Here's the track listing...

CD1: The Circus Live At Wembley Stadium

1.Greatest Day
    2. Hello
    3. Pray
    4. Back For Good
    5. The Garden
    6. Shine
    7. Up All Night
    8. How Did It Come To This
    9. The Circus
    10. What Is Love
    11. Said It All
    12. Never Forget
    13. Patience
    14. Relight My Fire
    15. Hold Up A Light
    16. Rule The World

CD2: In Session At Abbey Road

1. The Garden
    2. How Did It Come To This
    3. Greatest Day
    4. Up All Night
    5. Patience
    6. What Is Love
    7. The Circus
    8. Shine
    9. Rule The World
    10. Julie
    11. Said It All

Special Fan Edition Coming Your Way - Not Available In The Shops!

Soon you'll be able to re-live the magic of 'The Circus Live' with this special package, designed especially for all you dedicated fans and exclusive to takethat.com.

This amazing 5 disc box set features 'The Circus Live At Wembley Stadium' and 'In Session At Abbey Road' on 2 CDs and 2 DVDs, plus a special 3rd DVD that takes you behind the scenes of The Circus Live - footage previously only available digitally from iTunes for a limited time during the tour.

Plus you'll also be getting your hands on a massive 40-page perfectly bound book exclusive to this package featuring lots of unseen photos of the band on tour this year!

If all of that wasn't enough, this must-have piece of Take That memorabilia will arrive on your doorstep in a beautiful box, with each disc individually packaged!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds just fabby ^^ and I get to see the lovely Howard in action too, perfect :D
  • Options
    methodyguymethodyguy Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    If I were Take That I wouldn't want Robbie back in the group in my opinion they are doing fine without him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrible news today about Garys dad! Such a shame x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont want Robbie back in the band either. Maybe a one off charity concert would be okay but not full time

Just want to say - thinking of Gary and his family at this sad time :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ticket news for the CIN concert Gary has organised for nov 12th

http://www.seetickets.com/childreninneed/ thats the link to register for CIN concert.
    Ticket prices-
    Gallery standing £50
    Arena Floor standing £85
    Restricted View Circle £85
    Rear Circle £100
    Front Circle £125
    Stalls £135
    Loggia Box Seat £625

Line up- Lily Allen; Dizzee Rascal; Dame Shirley Bassey; Leona Lewis; Paolo Nutini; Mika; Snow Patrol; Cheryl Cole; Katherine Jenkins and Muse. And of course Gary will also perform on the night with his Take That partners, Jason Orange, Howard Donald and Mark Owen, as they again show their unwavering support of the charity.

And there will also be some very special surprises on the night.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just put up a separate thread about Gary's father passing away.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbie on Jonathan Ross this week confirming that he will work with the lads again,
    i cant do the link but it's on the BBC website!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm pleased. I'd like to see them back together for a one-off reunion but I think that otherwise, the 4 TT guys should remain as they are and Robbie should remain doing his solo stuff.
  • Options
    ToxicBlossomToxicBlossom Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    I don't want Robbie to join back with Take That!

I've just heard it on the news and I'm gutted. Since TT's reunion without Robbie they have been my favourite band, I love them and think they're great. I wouldn't mind if it was just a one off thing but I really hope Robbie doesn't join back with them permanantly.

I just can't stand the bloke and he'll ruin TT for me :( They're perfect the way they are and don't need him! He should just stick to doing his solo stuff.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've just heard it on the news and I'm gutted. Since TT's reunion without Robbie they have been my favourite band, I love them and think they're great. I wouldn't mind if it was just a one off thing but I really hope Robbie doesn't join back with them permanantly.

I just can't stand the bloke and he'll ruin TT for me :( They're perfect the way they are and don't need him! He should just stick to doing his solo stuff.

ditto....

A total disaster if it's true.:(
  • Options
    Sem1Sem1 Posts: 4,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed wholeheartedly
  • Options
    Gambit_is_aceGambit_is_ace Posts: 9,458
    Forum Member
    i don't want robbie to come back either.

he'll ruin it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love TT too, and I don't mind Rob, my hope would be, if they are to ever do something together again, that it be on the Brits next year, as a one off... Seeing as Rob is getting a lifetime achievement award I think it'd be perfect. Then after the Brits, that's it, no more, ever!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A MASSIVE BUMP UP to this thread! It took me a while to find it even!

AND A MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS to the boys. Their album, Progress, has entered the charts at no.1 this week with sales of over 500,000. By next week, it should be double platinum, well done lads. It's a great album too. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    I didn't even know there was a TT appreciation thread here!

I love Take That, me. :)
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm loving Take That just now! My guilty pleasure:o:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doe anyone have the email for 10 Management please.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    I love Take That :D
    Happy Birthday Mark!! x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone received their tickets yet?
    On Ticketmaster mine have been ''in the process of being printed'' for the past week but still haven't arrived :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting for tix for 7th June in Manc... I know some tickets have been dispatched but I won't get worried until much nearer the time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    I got an e-mail this morning from TicketSoup (which deals with the Scottish dates) saying they have just received their batch and have started to dispatch them today and expect them all to be dispatched by June 1st, so plenty of time yet to receive your tickets :)

I really can't wait for this gig, mainly because of Robbie :D but I just don't know how they will be able to surpass the Circus Tour, that was amazing!