Options

Are you afraid of death?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 525
Forum Member
✭✭
Well i'm not, although I wouldn't want to die before my son reaches adulthood.

I also wouldn't want to die at the hands of someone else...i.e murder.

But essentially in my mind I know it will happen and when i'm gone, I won't know the day, hour or means.

Comments

• Options
    BirdcageBirdcage Posts: 6,499
    Forum Member
    I'm really scared of having a painful and prolonged death, hope it's sudden and quick.
  • Options
    skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member
    Not at all.Theres nothing you can do to avoid it so I can't understand people worrying about it.It's part of life.Face it.
  • Options
    cookie_princesscookie_princess Posts: 1,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We are all slowly dieing a little bit every day, and I'm not ready to die! I wanna live forever :(
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not scared of death at all.

If he comes anywhere near me I'm gonna kick him all the way to oblivion. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If death is simply going to sleep and no need to wake up, no pains involved, there is no need to be afraid of it. Actually I hope I can die like this when the time comes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    Nope thinking about being dead cheers me up. I often lay on the bed perfectly still with visual images of being dead on the mortuary slab. Another one I like doing is laying on my side with an mental image of me laying dead with my stomach torn open and my guts hanging out on the floor. :)
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope thinking about being dead cheers me up. I often lay on the bed perfectly still with visual images of being dead on the mortuary slab. Another one I like doing is laying on my side with an mental image of me laying dead with my stomach torn open and my guts hanging out on the floor. :)

Seek professional help! :p
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    yes terrified.
  • Options
    AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scared of death or scared of dying? I'm not really bothered by either to be honest. Just along as I'm not going out strapped to a cellar wall with a crazed Serbian doctor going at me with power tools, keeping me alive for months on end, then I'm happy.
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    It's the living that I'm scared of!
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am scared of death because I'm not religious and therefore don't believe in going to heaven.
    Anyway I hope its not painful and that I get to come back as a cat.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,455
    Forum Member
    I could care less about dying. I mean, who cares?? Once you're gone, you're gone, people will get over it, and soon you won't be remembered at all by anyone. If you think about it 100 years isn't even that long in earth terms.

Sometimes I do think about missing out on stuff, but the people who I would be having fun with will be dead soon enough anyway and I won't even know about it so it doesn't truly matter the only exception I could think of is if you have a child, but once you're gone you won't care about it and it will survive, plenty of children live without parents and get over it.
  • Options
    nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    Yes. More afraid of my loved ones dying though.
  • Options
    FearFactorFearFactor Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as I don't die before my parents, I'm good with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Helbore wrote: »
    Seek professional help! :p

The professionals already know. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lemoncurd wrote: »

Ditto
  • Options
    nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    Really? Shame :( Living is great - you should try it. I love it!!!

I love food, friends, sport, sex, fun, family, music... I love heading out for a night out, I love the anticipation the night before you go on holiday, I love the excitement of the new house, the memories that I create... I love the simple things like smelling fresh cut grass or the first snowfall of the year.

I'm scared of losing it all, yes.
  • Options
    teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm scared of dying and death. Also, thunder, darkness, heights, balloons and noisy, pushy people.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no fear of death. I will be sad for those I leave behind.

For Christians, death is an upsetting time, especially if the one who passed was evil, but after the initial upset, it's also a time for joy as the faithful have only passed from this mortal life to eternal life. :)

We can live in hope.

I have the later stages of Kidney disease, and as far as I know, people with kidney disease tend to die of some form of heart failure.

I don't fear that. I don't want it to happen, but I don't fear it.
  • Options
    Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    My death itself, not in the slightest.

Dying early and leaving the behind people who depend on me.. a little.

My loved ones dying... yes a lot.
  • Options
    cartreecartree Posts: 1,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, but the thing that really irks me is that I won't be able to see how everyone I know reacts. I'd like to know.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,820
    Forum Member
    Not at all, my strategy is in place. Challenge Death to a game of Battleships and then "Melvin" him.

Don't fear the reaper :cool:
  • Options
    Mrs de WinterMrs de Winter Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrified, actually.

I'm creeped out at the thought that one day I'll exist no more, but there will probably be people I love who will still be alive and will have to deal with my death. People who'll have to cremate or bury my remains, sort through my possessions and affairs, talk about me. That their lives will continue and I'll no longer have any part of it, witness or know any of it

It's just too weird to think about.

The process of dying itself scares me too. I wonder how much the brain realises as you're dying, whether you feel panic or pain as all your brain is shutting down and your cells are dying.
  • Options
    Stiffy78Stiffy78 Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? Shame :( Living is great - you should try it. I love it!!!

I love food, friends, sport, sex, fun, family, music... I love heading out for a night out, I love the anticipation the night before you go on holiday, I love the excitement of the new house, the memories that I create... I love the simple things like smelling fresh cut grass or the first snowfall of the year.

Totally agree - life, despite the sometimes crap bits, is awesome.
    I'm scared of losing it all, yes.

I'd be scared of losing all the good bits of life and still being alive but I'm not scared of death. I won't know I've lost it all then.
  • Options
    darkmothdarkmoth Posts: 12,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'm scared of dying before I've done all I wanted