• Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    yes..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes my brother is one but he also takes pills and god know's what else. He punched me in the face 3 times last night and bust my nose and lip. He's lucky I i didn't have anything near me at the time, otherwise, he'd be in the morgue by now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know a few people who are addicted to heroin unfortunetly.
  • Options
    AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two that I know of, one is dead from an overdose and the other has cleaned himself up but is still suffering from the years of abuse.
  • Options
    jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    Yes, two of my friends, ones son and the others daughter got together, a very destructive pairing and both got addicted to heroin. They both stole off their parents too to fund their habit, one of them even staging a break in. The daughter is still rattling around on heroin, although the son has got clean and has nothing to do with the girl now.
  • Options
    Pepperoni ManPepperoni Man Posts: 7,798
    Forum Member
    My work brings me into contact with many heroin addicts
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member

Heroin dealer?

Sorry, not funny.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pawnheart wrote: »
    Heroin dealer?

Sorry, not funny.

I will laugh myself stupid if they say yes!!!
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I have known 2 people on heroin, both are dead. The firstr was a 17 year old boy who started off on dope and within a year had died in squalor alone from heroin
    The second was an older bloke, he had been on methadone and died a few years ago, he was in his 50s.

What a waste of lives.
  • Options
    _radioamerica_radioamerica Posts: 4,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I've known a few. Only know of one death though and that was a young lad round here who wasn't a "proper" addict.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've known tons in my time. Some are dead, some cleaned themselves up, and some I've lost touch with.

Never really a big fan of the stuff, myself, but I've also known a bunch of people who used it RELATIVELY often without becoming smackheads too.

One of my best friends of years ago really screwed himself up bigtime with it- I remember finding him when he'd ODed and him being in a coma for three days. Not nice, really. He's been clean for about fifteen years now, though, and is apparently reasonably sorted these days. Part of his rehab was that he didn't associate with the same people, though (kind of a "starting a new life" thing, I guess), even though none of the rest of us were ever into smack, so I've not seen him in a LONG time, and that's still something that makes me very sad.
  • Options
    skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member
    I do.One's been on it about 20 years and owns a thriving business.I also have 2 friends who died of it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    When I was teenager I smoked a bit of weed with my mates.....we then tried speed...and then I went to Uni....They did`t....Sadly when I returned home for the summer break virtually everyone I knew was hooked on heroine...I tried it once and was sick...Thank the Lord!!!...Never touched it again.......30yrs later...3 of my friends are dead.....all within the last few years...and all drug related.

That said...most of my teenage friends eventually quit....and never touched the stuff again.....I`v often wondered what would have happened to me if I had`t been a swot and passed my A levels...Would I have been a drug addict.

I could rant on about drugs...and heroine in particular all night....Just say no boys and girls...because anyone...and I really do mean anyone can become addicted to the stuff.....I still smoke a bit of weed though....not often...but I still enjoy it occasionally.
  • Options
    TomGrantTomGrant Posts: 4,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes my brother is one but he also takes pills and god know's what else. He punched me in the face 3 times last night and bust my nose and lip. He's lucky I i didn't have anything near me at the time, otherwise, he'd be in the morgue by now.

Woah... what?
  • Options
    Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've known a few, yes. I am honestly not saying this to be nasty but they all looked like walking corpses. Bloody grim.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Mathertron do some in his time?

He did most things.
  • Options
    TalullahmayTalullahmay Posts: 5,962
    Forum Member
    Heroin dealer?

Sorry, not funny.

Lmao Naughty.
  • Options
    Pepperoni ManPepperoni Man Posts: 7,798
    Forum Member
    Heroin dealer?

Sorry, not funny.
    ladyinblue wrote: »
    I will laugh myself stupid if they say yes!!!

Sorry - not able to give you a chuckle ! I work with homeless people
  • Options
    RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, routinely as part of my job. (It would have been so easy to say 'I deal with them every day' and I nearly did.) No-one in my personal life though, as far as I'm aware.
  • Options
    Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't Mathertron do some in his time?

He did most things.

Well as he's not here to refute this I find it a pretty low comment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry - not able to give you a chuckle ! I work with homeless people

Sorry Peppeoni Man. Good for you for making a difference to peoples lives.

I know first hand what it's like to be homeless and it's people like you that helped me get back on my feet.

So for that I thank you. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,239
    Forum Member
    As part of my job, yes. I once worked with a man who had used all his veins but the ones on his willy and he got an infected groin abscess. He answered the door to me naked(lord knows why, he was in a bit of a state) and I saw it, it looked like rotting meat.
  • Options
    ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lou-kate wrote: »
    As part of my job, yes. I once worked with a man who had used all his veins but the ones on his willy and he got an infected groin abscess. He answered the door to me naked(lord knows why, he was in a bit of a state) and I saw it, it looked like rotting meat.

Ewwww :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:( Oh my. I hope you called the police. No family loyalty should leave you in physical danger.

My brother was addicted to heroin for a while, and yours doesn't sound like a heroin reaction, so you are probably right when you say 'and god knows what else'. My experience of living with a heroin addict was mainly of endless thieving and not much washing or conversation. It does seem to make people pretty ruthless. Precious personal possessions (my entire record collection for example, my mother's engagement and wedding rings) simply vanished overnight.