Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 20)

Comments

• Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie's rating on Sunday including HD was 6.98m.
  • Options
    gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow didn't think that Egypt thing would hold up so well.
  • Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know one or two ITVistas on here say it's all about percentages. Presumably they will be focusing on the hard numbers today...? ;)

100% of zero is still zero.

Being somewhat rational, I'd settle for a lower % of a big number, than a bigger % of a small number, if the absolute figure is greater ;)
  • Options
    iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rzt wrote: »
    Decent night for BBC1, they didn't capitulate. EastEnders rating slightly better than last year's Monday episode (5.1m) and the Egypt documentary certainly tapped into a decent anti-BGT audience, and well up from what BBC1 had in that slot last year. Funny how despite having the much lower lead-in, BBC1 News still managed to pull ahead of ITV News by almost a million. Solid return for Springwatch - that include HD by the way, and it's on a par with what last year's same episode had. The 9pm show did very badly but they pulled it back at 10pm.

All Watched Over By Machines Of Loving Grace must be one of the best and worst programme titles in the history of Britiah television - best for originality, worst for attracting an audience.

10.9m for BGT is obviously very good, and if that's 200k up on last year, then you can't argue against that. I suppose it could be said that last year, the live shows didn't have a "Cowell return" enhancement, and it remains to be seen whether the chance to see him back caused a temporary uplift that might not be sustained all week.

But you'll have a good try.;):D I sure the hype over Simon Cowell's return didn't do BGT any harm:D
  • Options
    rztrzt Posts: 21,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A couple of terrestrial ratings missed off from the overnights post:

Channel 4 (inc +1)
    21:00- Gordon's Great Escape: 1.19m
    22:00- Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story: 1.06m

Source: C4Sales
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,702
    Forum Member
    Apart from the Gadget Show, Channel 5 held up extremely well. Great rating for BBC Egypt doc as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britain's Got Talent's 15-minute breakdown last night:

19:30 10.1m (41.6%)
    19:45 10.1m (41.1%)
    20:00 10.7m (40.0%)
    20:15 11.4m (41.8%)
    20:30 11.5m (43.3%)
    20:45 11.7m (43.6%)
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    Shares are down on last year.
    Not wanting to turn this into a +1 debate, but it's possible the share is down due to the existence of +1. The share for show 1 (inc +1) was 43.4%, which would be up from last year's 43.1%. Not saying we should necessarily look at that share but just giving a reason why the raw ITV1 share could be down, as well as the obvious one stated already about the weather being poorer.
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gottago wrote: »
    Wow didn't think that Egypt thing would hold up so well.

Despite the hype, some of us hate the Cowell-led circus. I watched the Egypt thing last night, have to say I didn't think it was brilliant, but it was interesting enough. Great choice for the Beeb to go for something like that opposite BGT.
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Despite the hype, some of us hate the Cowell-led circus. I watched the Egypt thing last night, have to say I didn't think it was brilliant, but it was interesting enough. Great choice for the Beeb to go for something like that opposite BGT.

Exactly - there are viewers who absolutely loathe BGT (myself included) so the Egypt show, although a seemingly odd choice, was a welcome alternative.
  • Options
    Roscoe BarnesRoscoe Barnes Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    BGT did slightly better than I was expecting and no doubt the return of Cowell helped. I do think it will do better this year overall as Corrie won't be pulled this year like what happened last year when the last 3 semi finals had a Harry Hill repeat inbetween. Corrie should give the results shows inparticular more stability. And moving onto to Corre that's an excellent rating for the first episode of the week. Should be well over 11m in the officials. EE held up well enough and that's another good rating for Emmerdale which is still holding up very well this year!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,980
    Forum Member
    Excelllent for BGT-EE didn't seem to affect it at all, but it's probably slightly up from last years episode because EE had an hour special running then. Really good for Corrie-I expected it to be nearer 10m than 11m, but it is the conclusion to one of the shows longest running storylines ever. I thought the News might be a bit higher, considering it seems to have been doing a bit better since the Royal Wedding coverage.

Egypt's Lost Cities was very good scheduling starting after EE and finding an anti BGT audience.

Apart from The Gadget Show which seems to have been ruined in the space of a year somehow, Ch5 held up very well. Excellent for the Cricket & The Hotel Inspector was only marginally down from last weeks episode.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since E4 have lost Glee I'm surprised they didn't just put it up as a sacrificial lamb last night instead of holding it off
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Since E4 have lost Glee I'm surprised they didn't just put it up as a sacrificial lamb last night instead of holding it off

I thought C4 needed to make money, not play silly games with viewers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did the BBC3 repeat of Eastenders rate against ITV2's More Talent?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From BBC Press Office: http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2011/05_may/30/great.shtml
    Ray Winstone (Sexy Beast, Nil By Mouth, Vincent) will star as Magwitch, in Sarah Phelps' (Oliver Twist, EastEnders) bold new adaptation of Great Expectations made by BBC Drama production for BBC One. In his first BBC television appearance in five years, Winstone will star alongside Douglas Booth (Worried About The Boy, Christopher And His Kind) as Pip.

Due to start filming in July in London for transmission Christmas 2011, Great Expectations forms the centrepiece of the BBC's celebration of Dickens as we go into the bicentenary of his birth, in 2012. Part thriller, part mystery, with a powerful love story at its heart and Dickens' trademark wit and characterisation throughout, Sarah Phelps' three-part adaptation embraces all of these qualities, delivering a vibrant, visceral, story.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Multichannel ratings from yesterday:

Dave (inc +1)
    21:00- QI XL: 346k
    22:00- Alexander Armstrong's Big Ask: 270k

E4
    21:00- The Big Bang Theory: 472k
    22:00- Made In Chelsea: 301k (1.6%) , +1: 83k

Film4 (inc +1)
    19:00- The Seeker: The Dark is Rising: 237k
    21:00- PS. I Love You: 371k

ITV2
    22:00- Britain's Got More Talent: 562k (2.9%) , +1: 126k (1.1%)

More4 (inc +1)
    22:00- Undercover Boss: 225k

Sky Atlantic
    21:00- Game Of Thrones: 527k (2%)

Yesterday (inc +1)
    23:00- Auschwitz: The Nazis and the Final Solut: 157k

Sources: C4Sales, DS
    Low rating for More Talent - the same episode last year had 716k and year before it was 1.04m.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few bits from Attentional's website:

Friday 27th May 2011
    BBC4 - 19:30 - The Prince and the Composer: 350k (1.6%)

Sunday 29th May 2011
    BBC4 - 21:00 - Welly Telly – the Countryside on Television: 421k (1.7%)
    ITV1 - 22:15 - The Classic Brit Awards: 2.1m (12.1%) exc +1 and HD
    * last year: 993k (7.6%)
  • Options
    iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Multichannel ratings from yesterday:

Dave (inc +1)
    21:00- QI XL: 346k
    22:00- Alexander Armstrong's Big Ask: 270k

Can't help thinking that "Made by Dave" programmes don't do very well in the ratings. Al Murray's Compete For The Meat is rating even lower that Big Ask IIRC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    26 April, 2011 12:03
    BARB reported channels
    UPDATED: E4 HD will now become BARB-reported from Tuesday, May 3, 2011. (Was to begin BARB reporting on 28th February, 2011)
    source: TNS

http://www.overnights.tv/public/content/News.aspx

These never appeared on the BARB website.

Shame, it would have been the first opportunity to see HD ratings where both the SD and HD channels are on the same number in the EPG.

The ITV HD multichannels were removed from the BARB website before they went to the same EPG numbers as the SD versions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monday 30th May - Soap Overnights
    BBC One
    20:00- EastEnders: 5.2m (19.2%)

ITV1
    19:00- Emmerdale: 7.21m (32.5%)
    21:00- Coronation Street: 10.42m (39.4%) , +1: 324k (1.6%)

Channel 4
    18:30- Hollyoaks: 920k (4.4%) , +1: 106k (0.4%)

Channel 5
    13:45- Neighbours: 630k (5.9%)
    17:30- Neighbours: 1m (5.7%)
    18:00- Home and Away: 757k (3.8%)

Multichannel
    BBC Three
    22:00- EastEnders: 1.53m (7.3%)

E4
    19:00- Hollyoaks: 403k (1.8%)

5*
    18:30- Home and Away: 394k (1.9%)

Source: DS
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iaindb wrote: »
    Can't help thinking that "Made by Dave" programmes don't do very well in the ratings. Al Murray's Compete For The Meat is rating even lower that Big Ask IIRC.

Sky does much better with its own 'A League of Their Own', and available in about half the homes of Dave.

The battle of the 'comedy panel' pilots in March between Jack Dee and David Walliams was won by the latter.

His new show, 'Wall of Fame' begins on June 17.

I assume Walliams like Corden is a 'Marmite'?
  • Options
    ThisGenerationThisGeneration Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    Ouch :eek: at that BGMT rating. EastEnders on BBC Three obviously didn't help matters, but I think there's another reason why BGMT is flopping:

Stephen Mulhern is getting really annoying now, particularly with the way he treats some of the guests, and pulls stupid faces at the camera sometimes. I know BGMT is meant to be irreverent and I've watched it since series 2, but it's clearly run out of ideas, and I think he's putting some people off watching. I know he has his fans, but most don't like him and/or his presenting style.
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nice night for EE on BBC 3, as expected.

The Gadget Show, stick a fork in it, its done.
  • Options
    RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV2
    22:00- Britain's Got More Talent: 562k (2.9%) , +1: 126k (1.1%)
    BBC Three
    22:00- EastEnders: 1.53m (7.3%)

"Britain's Got More Talent, EastEnders Has Got More Viewers...."

Three times as many...

:D
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Britain's Got More Talent, EastEnders Has Got More Viewers...."

Three times as many...

:D
    and BGMT isnt even a repeat ;)

Moving just read the headline on Digital Spy news page, Corrie rating seems low, wasnt it doing 10 million this time last year?
This discussion has been closed.