Options

Celebrities who have just vanished into thin air?

Comments

• Options
    Supersonic GuySupersonic Guy Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    x_bibs93_x wrote: »
    Can think of a few more:

Craig David
    Lemar (he was on Fame Academy)
    Amy Studt - a singer, remember her being called the UK's Avril Lavigne

Heard a good joke about Craig David the other day.......

Craig David has been made assistant to the GB Archery team at the 2012 Olympic games............he's going to be the bow selector.

:D
  • Options
    hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Darius was on last years Popstar To Operastar and recently got married to an American actress.

LOL....but true:D
  • Options
    CMcKinleyCMcKinley Posts: 3,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Deacon, Queen's bassist.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Darius was on last years Popstar To Operastar and recently got married to an American actress.

He wasn't just on it he won it! I also saw him in Gone with the wind (in the West End) as a superb Rhett Butler. The show was panned and didn't last long but he had a good critique
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He played Rhett Butler in a musical version of Gone With the Wind in London's West End as well, but the show was a massive flop and wasn't cancelled after just a couple of months, IRRC.

I was a bit annoyed because I had been thinking about going to see it, but I hesitated as I just didn't think GWTW was the kind of story that would work as a musical and it looks like I was wise to trust my insticts and save the money.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Phil Cool
    A brilliant comedian who just suddenly vanished from being on the TV.
  • Options
    GaditanoGaditano Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Jacqueline Pirie she was in Emmerdale & Corrie.

She was, and she was very good. But hated the tabloid attention that went with soaps. Stopped acting but runs a drama school in Canada.
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heard a good joke about Craig David the other day.......

Craig David has been made assistant to the GB Archery team at the 2012 Olympic games............he's going to be the bow selector.

:D

Arrrgghh!!!!!!:D:D:D
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    Phil Cool
    A brilliant comedian who just suddenly vanished from being on the TV.

Heart attack kept him on sick leave for a long time but playing guilars now as well as playing comedy in small venues with a tour coming up very soon by the looks of it:
    http://www.philcool.co.uk/live.htm
  • Options
    MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    Michelle McManus appears every weekday night at 5pm on stv the tv show called the hour and I think she's really good at the presenting stuff
    Darius married that girl from the Species films natasha henstridge (sp?) and my hubby thought she was a bit of a babe
  • Options
    super bantamssuper bantams Posts: 1,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever happened to Mike Yarwood, know he had some sort of nervous breakdown but heard nothing of him for ages
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jasper Carrott? He was on tv loads in the 90's etc and now nothing
  • Options
    super bantamssuper bantams Posts: 1,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stammy75 wrote: »
    Jasper Carrott? He was on tv loads in the 90's etc and now nothing

He has been on for years on the quiz program 'golden balls' to which he owns the rights of the programme
  • Options
    Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Ha ha WRONG :p Different characters but by the same people.

The characters were created and are performed by Ciaran Morrison and Mick O'Hara, who also created and perform the characters of Zig and Zag and Bronx Bunny and Teddy T.

What do you mean ''performed by''?:confused:

Are you implying that Zig & Zag aren't real!:eek:
  • Options
    Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Faria Alam, who became a 'celeb' after sleeping with Sven, now lives on her own in Calgary. She was apparently paid £410,000 for her kiss and tell.
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David MacCallum, when he played The Invisible Man....

Tom Baker, when he was The Doctor, and dematerialised the Tardis....
  • Options
    xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,877
    Forum Member
    Wheres Peter Skelern ?
    He was always on TV tickling the ivories,
    now.... nada !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihYHTIwISV0
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Timothy Claypole....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I posted this on another thread, but whar happened to Ben Freeman? I can't remember if he was found innocent of the rape charge or if it was dropped. I remember him saying that once it was all over he would be back to Emmerdale.
  • Options
    sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darius is currently in the US touring with a jazz band I think he could still have a career in musicals.
    Jodie marsh contributes on alan titchmarsh that's it these days and last i read she was doing bodybuilding.
    Shane ward is gonna do some musical in the west end.
    Dane bowers was on the vanessa show the other week he released a single on peter andre's label conehead records.
    But it flopped with no promotion he just DJ's now I think.
    Am glad all those bb stars have vanished good riddens I say.
    What did happen to nick berry? what about Lucie silvas great singer second album did badly then she vanished.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whar happened to Ben Freeman? I can't remember if he was found innocent of the rape charge

I don't know where he's gone but he was cleared of the charge.
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abi Titmuss, once our hottest glamour model a few years ago who seems to have vanished.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sparkle22 wrote: »
    Am glad all those bb stars have vanished good riddens I say.

There's a few of them still around. BB1 Craig has done a gazillion diy programmes. Anna Nolan is now a successful tv producer in Eire. Brian Dowling has his ups and downs, but is rarely of our tv's for long. Kate Lawler has a show on Kerrang radio and is quite a high profile live dj. Alison Hammond has done a boatload of daytime tv. Nikki Grahame writes for OK. Aisleyne was recently in Anuvahood. Josie is still all over ch 5. Shabby has a series on Ch 5 next month and has played a load of gigs with her band. Nathan Fagan Gayle has supported JLS and The Wanted.

Not earth shattering stuff, but not disappeared either.
  • Options
    comedy89comedy89 Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching the Olivier Awards 2012, they said Dame Joan Plowright was present, but got me thinking that I have not seen her about for a while.

I checked out her IMDB and she has not been in a film since 2009. There are also no images of recent public engagements, i wonder if she has officially retired or no longer up to stage and film work.
  • Options
    ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Selina Scott - what happened to her?
  • Options
    xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,877
    Forum Member
    David Copperfield......... the one from Yorkshire ....