• Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Wondered whatever happened to this thread. :D
  • Options
    super bantamssuper bantams Posts: 1,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always thought Michael Crawford was gay.
  • Options
    Lo RitorneLo Ritorne Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    Matt Lanter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    The whole bloody lot of them are gay and who cares. :D Not I Sometimes it's obvious who they are and sometimes it's who you would least expect. imo.:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    I heard that Beckham was gay, and that was at least 10 yrs ago.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    I think Michael Ball and his wife Cathy McGowan are both gay, fact

At least one of those facts is wrong
  • Options
    mimi123456mimi123456 Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RnB singer NE-YO. He just seems really camp and has really effeminate tendencies in his music videos.

Word was going round on gossip sites about him batting for the boys, and then all of a sudden he supposedly fathered a child or something?
  • Options
    Yorkie47Yorkie47 Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Michael Ball and his wife Cathy McGowan are both gay, fact

Well, they're not married, fact!

Not sure about the gay bit though I suspect you might be right in that department. ;)
  • Options
    juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    Vinnie.

Nobody could be that butch and not be. :)
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimi123456 wrote: »
    RnB singer NE-YO[...]Word was going round on gossip sites about him batting for the boys, and then all of a sudden he supposedly fathered a child or something?

Indeed. A bit weird that he insisted that the mother of his child was not his girlfriend.
  • Options
    pfgpowellpfgpowell Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    twin wrote: »
    Oh and Prince Andrew...allegedly

Actually, Fergie put that one to rest a while ago when she revealed that she invented the story of coming home and finding Andy in bed with a sailor for a laugh. But then these things have legs. I once put it about (as a laugh) that the editor of the sister paper of the evening paper I was working on was 'resigning to train for the Church'. Complete bollocks, but within days it was 'established truth' - so and so heard it from so and so etc etc.

The fact is that the 99.9pc of us who aren't celebrities like to brighten our humdrum lives with gossip, and if it is in some sense derogatory gossip, so much the better. And the sad fact is that for all our 'tolerance' blad-di-blah, we are still judgmental about gays (men and women) even though they had and have no say whatsoever in how their sexuality developed, despite all the Sunday supplement crap about 'lifestyle choice'. It's not a 'lifestyle choice' to have a dump every day, I just do.

If you are gay or lesbian, is it such a surprise that you choose to spend your time with other gays and lesbians, especially has the chances of being hassled 'because of your sexuality' are dramatically reduced?

I think we can 'accept' lesbians a little easier than gays because of what we believe their sexual practices to be, and lesbians are no-threatening to men.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ZIRCON61 wrote: »
    I heard that Beckham was gay, and that was at least 10 yrs ago.

What with three children and a fourth on the way? Yeah, that would be right. If anything he does to much shagging with women away from home.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't be at all surprising, recently heard him described as "the next big star of musical theatre."

Need we any more evidence! :p;):D

Yes, we do (if it's that important to you).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If someone said Gerard Butler he does seem to be hanging around gay women a lot.....he was pictured with rumoured to be gay Jessica Biel and now already out Kristanna Loken.
  • Options
    Exp£o$ionExp£o$ion Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    John Barrowman
    Adele
    Michael McIntyre
    Bruce Wilis
    Jack Wilshere
    Jack Bauer
    Sir Alan Sugar
    Edward from Jedward
    Nicola Roberts
    Ed Milliband
    Lady Gaga
    Alan Carr
    One of the teletubbies (one with handbag)
    Robbie Williams
    Fiona Bruce
  • Options
    Mr. ChipsMr. Chips Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always thought the real slim shady is. And Bruno Mars.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most people in Ireland assume Daniel O'Donnell must be gay : the fact that he married a middle aged divorcee with teenage children, when he could have had his pick of single younger women, didn't do much to persuade them otherwise.
  • Options
    AntoniaAAntoniaA Posts: 6,640
    Forum Member
    Hugh Grant
  • Options
    Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Most people in Ireland assume Daniel O'Donnell must be gay : the fact that he married a middle aged divorcee with teenage children, when he could have had his pick of single younger women, didn't do much to persuade them otherwise.

My family is near his house in Meenbanad. They do think he is gay (and I can remember them joking about it, if he was mentioned), they aren't against him being gay, just they think he's deeply closeted even to himself.

I guess it's his life, and as long as he and what's her face are happy then I suppose it is up to them. But if he is gay, then it's a shame that he feels that he can't be out.
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Craig David
  • Options
    MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr. Chips wrote: »
    I've always thought the real slim shady is. And Bruno Mars.

Yeah, I totally get a gay vibe off M&M.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruth Badger from The Apprentice
    I know Whoopi Goldberg is often suspected of being gay.
    Cher Lloyd
    Paije Richardson
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exp£o$ion wrote: »
    John Barrowman
    Adele
    Michael McIntyre
    Bruce Wilis
    Jack Wilshere
    Jack Bauer
    Sir Alan Sugar
    Edward from Jedward
    Nicola Roberts
    Ed Milliband
    Lady Gaga
    Alan Carr
    One of the teletubbies (one with handbag)
    Robbie Williams
    Fiona Bruce

Oh I think Alan Carr and John Barromwman are definitely not closet case
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My family is near his house in Meenbanad. They do think he is gay (and I can remember them joking about it, if he was mentioned), they aren't against him being gay, just they think he's deeply closeted even to himself.

I guess it's his life, and as long as he and what's her face are happy then I suppose it is up to them. But if he is gay, then it's a shame that he feels that he can't be out.

I think his problem is he comes from what a very conservative Catholic background and that would describe many of his fans too. He probably feels incapable of ever going public on the issue and having got married, it looks unlikely that he ever will.

Some might suggest the marriage was a cynical move, but we don't really know why he married her : perhaps he just wanted companionship or a ready made family.
  • Options
    M. TouretteM. Tourette Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member
    Ok, so reading through this thread I think I have gathered an insight into the processes required to remain in the closet. Tell me if I’ve missed something.

1. The closet gay celebrity is always the most attractive and famous celeb of a particular genre, or popular TV programme, hence it’s Wentworth Miller or Robert Pattinson and not their bit-part co-stars. And by the same token it is Adonis Ashley Cole, and not luggy beanpole Peter Crouch, and it is handsome ex-World Champion Lewis Hamliton and not troll faced Hispania driver Bruno Senna.

2. The closet gay star has almost superhuman powers of persuasion and press control which they use to maintain “their secret”. Hamilton for example is able to persuade stunning Pussy Cat Doll singer Nicole Scherzinger, who could snap her fingers and have half the world’s male population fawning around her, to act as his “beard” for no apparent financial or professional gain. And the a fore mentioned Mr Cole goes to extraordinary lengths in order to maintain “his little secret”. Not only does he enter into a marriage of convenience, in the full glare of media publicity with a high profile “also gay” pop star (Now you would think the perfect beard would be someone who would just fade into the background). But he also has a number of extra-marital “beards” which causes the said sham marriage to break down, also in the full glare of publicity, thus thrusting himself back into the spotlight and increasing the danger of “his secret” being made public. The sheer audacity of the scheme and the breathtaking efficiency of it’s execution must make many a Bond villain green with envy.

3. Having gone to all this trouble to cover up “their secret” the closet gay celebrity will then take extraordinary risks. He will invariably become a member of an exclusive gay nightclub in London (not so exclusive that every gay guy this side of Rotherham isn’t a member though) the location of which is well known to everyone but the paparazzi (most of whom would cream their pants at the prospect of outing an A-List celebrity in one of the numerous magazines/websites devoted to celebrity). Stars like Pattinson and Miller, who normally can’t take a dump without being surrounded by screaming teenage girls, are able to visit these establishment’s in perfect secrecy, and not a single camera phone is used by any of the 100’s of fellow patrons, to snap a photo of the superstar snogging a bloke. The closet gay celebrity will not then get down and dirty with any of the over extraordinarily gorgeous footballers and Hollywood leading men who will frequent the same places, no, instead they will go off with “Dave from Croydon” the ubiquitous friend of a friend/ gay uncle/cousin/ex-boyfriend. (Congratulations to Dave, he gets loads of poon tang). who is a morally incorruptible individual who never sells the story to the tabloids, but does choose to tell his nearest and dearest on the proviso that it remains “a secret”.

Is that about it?

As a rational explanation I would agree with you but I have one issue - Rock Hudson
    Did everything that you say and kept his sceret until the grave. Only then did anything come out about his sexuality.
    It is very easy in hindsight to say that everyone knew, they did not, the rumour mill was similar to some current stars but nothing definite and out side of certain circles even the rumours are not even thought of.

I am not saying this give anyone the right to expose etc but just pointing out that in reality the cover ups and manipulation do happen to protect what is in essence a big budget product. - An A lister star who generates millions of dollars.

Sport is not excluded from this either.
This discussion has been closed.