Options

Corrie 17/6/11: All Together Now

Comments

• Options
    chocofluffchocofluff Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    Did you see the GorgeousGary in his pants on that Gary's army diaries series?
    Gary bleurrgh Windass-throwing up my cherryade here!

choco:eek:
  • Options
    DajualtoDajualto Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You must have Adobe Flash player to see this video

I hate iPads sometimes :(

Me too
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Mr Taggart to look at in Corrie and David Essex in EE..Happy days..:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Mr Taggart to look at in Corrie and David Essex in EE..Happy days..:o

We just need Alvin Stardust to turn up in Emmerdale now!
  • Options
    JJ28JJ28 Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will wait to see how the story pans out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it is getting on people's nerves having the same thing said over and over, but I'm adding my voice to the criticism of Michelle Collins' so called northern accent. It really is dire and more importantly, grating. I don't watch Eastenders so being used to hearing her speaking with a southern accent doesn't apply to me. I hope, unless her attempt at the accent improves, that she doesn't reign long in Corrie. It really does grate on me that much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UpsyWupsy wrote: »
    I know it is getting on people's nerves having the same thing said over and over, but I'm adding my voice to the criticism of Michelle Collins' so called northern accent. It really is dire and more importantly, grating. I don't watch Eastenders so being used to hearing her speaking with a southern accent doesn't apply to me. I hope, unless her attempt at the accent improves, that she doesn't reign long in Corrie. It really does grate on me that much.

Give it a few months and I think we'll see that she beale-ongs behind that bar.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    Espresso wrote: »
    The new family unit of Stella's seem to have a bit of promise,

The daughter will either end up as Tracy's bestest pal or her mortal enemy. Stella is going to be a BIG character. And I don't mind what Mr Taggart does, as long as I can see him a few times a week
    Shallow, I know. The people who measure the target demographic for Coronation St have hit the nail on the head with him. Yum.

Totally with you. :p
  • Options
    Rita's KabinRita's Kabin Posts: 36,470
    Forum Member
    Just when I thought Ms. Cotton couldn't get any worse than he had been in the first episode along comes that first scene when he's stressing about Dylan staying and whether Marcus is going to be able to handle it or not.
    It was chronic beyond belief!!! It had no impacct whatsoever and every gesture, word and facial expression failed to convince me that Sean was feeling any of the things he claimed to be feeling.
    The writers really should have learned by now that Ms. Cotton can't do "serious", "drama" or anything "emotional" and that asking him to do any scenes that require any or all of those things just expose Ms. Cotton's limitations even more.

So, Roy & Hayley had to go and get Becky from the hotel. I felt so sorry for Julie Hesmondhalgh, David Neilson and Katherine Kelly have to perform such trite garbage.

Are we going to get to se Gary & Izzy on karaoke I wonder?

I liked John Michie in Taggart but I haven't quite decided about him in Corrie. I'm still undecided about Stella as well but I thought that Eva has made the biggest impact of the three characters so far.
    I think she's quite interesting and look forward to seeing how she reacts once all the stuff with Leanne comes out.

Overall though it was another rather dull episode which could have really done with some comedy to give it an extra bit of oomph.

3 out of 10.
  • Options
    IndegIndeg Posts: 1,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I despise the way Becky is behaving, I love that Roy and Hayley are standing by her so staunchly. That's what she needs right now, more than anything. :)

I think I must be alone in that I don't mind the Sean-Marcus-Dylan storyline. I like that Dylan's existence has been re-visited and is being used to generate a bit of growth for Sean. He's had this idealistic vision of what it would be like to be allowed to play dad to his son, but all it has ever been until now is a dream. Now he's faced with the reality of it, he is panicking - of course he is, for much the same reasons that Peter panicked when he first had Simon thrust upon him. He has been denied access to his child for most of that child's life, and now has to turn his life upside down at a moment's notice to become a full-time carer for a child who is a stranger to him - to a child he is a stranger to. Sean is immature and neurotic at the best of times, so it's inevitable that having this responsibility thrust upon him would throw him massively off-balance. And since his relationship with Marcus is still so new and undefined, having this dynamic generates a bit of tension and conflict for them to work through. I can see what the writers are trying to do there. Plus, I like Marcus.
    Espresso wrote: »
    Not me. I'd laugh at them and put them firmly in their place.
    But then again I'd not give them houseroom in the first place.
    Ah, but you aren't as neurotic as Dev, clearly!
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    LOL, the kid prefers Marcus, who wouldnt?
    Dylan knows Marcus a lot better than he knows Sean - Marcus stayed friendly with Violet while he was living in London, so has seen a lot of Dylan over the years. Sean has only ever seen the child once or twice before this week.
    valkay wrote: »
    I thought she was teetotal then, and worked with Leonard Swindley?
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Didn't she also live over the corner shop?
    Emily has been around for many years - hardly surprising that she's moved around a bit during that time. ;)
    Stella and Deirdre best mates :D
    I enjoyed their instant bond. :D
    Peter and Leanne reference!

Now we need them to arrive back on screen :cool:
    Tell me about it! They've been off-screen for almost two months now, for no good reason at all! :eek:
    whu13 wrote: »
    I fail to believe Deirdre would stand there making small talk with Stella without failing to mention that her job had been promised to Tracy!

At least we've had the first on screen hint to
    Stella being Leanne's mum, with her enquiring about her in a round about way by asking about Peter's hospital wedding
    True enough about Deirdre not resenting Stella on Tracy's behalf - but I enjoyed their instant bond anyway. Deirdre needs a new friend now Liz has gone.
    I really enjoyed seeing Stella so carefully pumping the Barlows for information about Leanne and Peter. It makes perfect sense that the newspaper reports about the hospital wedding would be how she knew to come here looking for Leanne, and she'd clearly made a careful note of all the details, like Peter's name, which nobody would have remembered from a newspaper report 6 months ago if they didn't have reason to have made note of it. Seeing Steve's advert for a bar manager must have seemed like a godsend to her if she's been wondering for months whether or not she should try to make contact.
    ads84 wrote: »
    What's Izzy's problem? I'd like nothing more than GorgeousGary to be all possessive over me...
    Eh, you've clearly never been involved with an over-possessive, clingy man. Words can't describe how claustrophobic that kind of behaviour is - and Izzy is very much the type that likes to have her own space rather than living in her significant other's pocket 24/7.
    Fudd wrote: »
    To be fair, she probably doesn't even realise Tracey's been sacked yet...she's too focused on her pottery. ;)
    It's true, she really wasn't listening when Tracy complained to her about it yesterday! :D
    d0lphin wrote: »
    I'm confused - has Sean suddenly got full-time custody of Dylan? Have I missed something?
    Sean heard on Monday that Violet had been injured in a car accident, so he went to London to get Dylan to stay with him for a while and arrived back with him yesterday, thinking it would only be a short visit while Violet recovers. Then tonight he heard that Violet is going to be laid up for a lot longer than first expected, which is why he was freaking out - he's found his first full day with Dylan rather harder work than he'd expected and doesn't feel capable of coping long-term.
  • Options
    KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You must have Adobe Flash player to see this video

I hate iPads sometimes :(
    Dajualto wrote: »
    Me too

http://www.itv.com/coronationstreet/corrieextra/garysarmydiaries/garysarmydiariespart1/

I know this won't be any help but it's towards the end of this video :D

It's worth seeing, his pants look very full indeed ! :D :eek:
  • Options
    IndegIndeg Posts: 1,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know he's Stella's boyfriend not husband but we don't know how long they've been together yet. I pressume him to be her step-dad as it would be odd for him and Stella to have been together so long and not married but I just wondered if anyone knew for sure. They seemed very father/daughter in tonights sceens if that makes sense, which is why I wondered.
    I don't think there's any info on how long Stella and Karl have been together, but based on tonight he has clearly been around long enough to know Eva only too well!
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    :eek::eek::eek:

*zooms off around the Interweb*

Here's one for you a.c. ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDzT6Yvf4eY
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeg wrote: »
    I really enjoyed seeing Stella so carefully pumping the Barlows for information about Leanne. It makes perfect sense that the newspaper reports about the hospital wedding would be how she knew to come here looking for Leanne, and she'd clearly made a careful note of all the details, like Peter's name, which nobody would have remembered from a newspaper report 6 months ago if they didn't have reason to have made note of it. Seeing Steve's advert for a bar manager must have seemed like a godsend to her if she's been wondering for months whether or not she should try to make contact.
    That was my thinking too. Like you say, there's no way she'd remember Peter's name from a random artical unless it was important to her. Ever since the spolier about her being Leanne's mum came about people have been speculating about how she found out where Leanne was/why she's only contracting her now after all these years etc. I think Corrie have given us a huge clue tonight with the mention on the news artical following the crash. It's very possible that Stella didn't have a clue where Leanne was until then and has been biding her time ever since.
  • Options
    Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unlikely ;) That's the problem with soap actors today, they have no elocution lessons, so when they appear "as normal" they still have their native accent and they are identified with that. If you take the old schoolers: Audrey, Rita, etc, they speak with a standard English accent when they are out of character..

Good point, Mr. B. - Audrey and Rita put on their accents for the show, and we don't think anything of it. Hilda was another - frightfully well spoken out of character. Stella has a relatively soft accent, by comparison and no-one will notice before too long. Hey, she could have come in talking like Daphne! :p
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Nice bit of foreshadowing tonight...
    Stella questioning Ken and Deirdre about Peter Barlow ("the hospital wedding?") - nice link back to the tram crash again and the newspaper reports helping Stella to locate Leanne. That tram has had a lot to answer for these past six months!

Decent pair of episodes tonight I thought. Stella and her clan seemed to have eased into the show well. The accent isn't an issue anymore - I was used to it by the end of tonight. I think she's going to be a strong character behind the bar.
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    As much as I despise the way Becky is behaving, I love that Roy and Hayley are standing by her so staunchly. That's what she needs right now, more than anything. :)

I think I must be alone in that I don't mind the Sean-Marcus-Dylan storyline. I like that Dylan's existence has been re-visited and is being used to generate a bit of growth for Sean. He's had this idealistic vision of what it would be like to be allowed to play dad to his son, but all it has ever been until now is a dream. Now he's faced with the reality of it, he is panicking - of course he is, for much the same reasons that Peter panicked when he first had Simon thrust upon him. He has been denied access to his child for most of that child's life, and now has to turn his life upside down at a moment's notice to become a full-time carer for a child who is a stranger to him - to a child he is a stranger to. Sean is immature and neurotic at the best of times, so it's inevitable that having this responsibility thrust upon him would throw him massively off-balance. And since his relationship with Marcus is still so new and undefined, having this dynamic generates a bit of tension and conflict for them to work through. I can see what the writers are trying to do there. Plus, I like Marcus.

I'm with you on these points. I've gone off Becky pretty much for good these days but I love Roy and Hayley and how loyal they are to Becky even if I think she doesn't deserve much sympathy.

I've always wanted to see Sean have a relationship with Dylan because I hated what Violet did to him, so i'm happy that they are getting to spend time together. And I like Marcus, too. He seems to be able to keep Sean more grounded when they're a couple.
  • Options
    ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    Eh, you've clearly never been involved with an over-possessive, clingy man. Words can't describe how claustrophobic that kind of behaviour is - and Izzy is very much the type that likes to have her own space rather than living in her significant other's pocket 24/7.

Er, calm down.
    You're right, I haven't been in that situation, nor would I ever want to be, but I was clearly making an innuendo aimed at Gary's attractiveness. Twas a joke...:confused:
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just had an idea, Mary is supposed to be 36 so she can have children. Maybe Norris gets drunk and goes to bed iwth her, and she finally falls pregnant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    The only good thing about Beckys party was hearing Livin La Vida Loca in the background lol
  • Options
    12december198412december1984 Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whereabouts in Manchester was it?:D
  • Options
    ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    Whereabouts in Manchester was it?:D

Wasn't it the Lowry, on Salford Quays?
    ...literally across the road from where Corrie's new set will be :o
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please Roy and Hayley, dont bring Becky back to the street, its been peaceful and a nice break from her.
    BUt I like Rebecca:confused:
    I wonder if we can get through tonight's episodes without too many smart alec mentions of Stella's former role in the lesser soap? :o
    Well put
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    Anthony Cotton's acting still as dire as ever.
    He's fine:)
    John Dough wrote: »
    I knew he should have chosen Sheila.:(:rolleyes:
    What a plank. He has let a complete family take over his home:o
    I know, I used to love Becky, it's a different story now :(
    When I like someone, I stick with them
    Katherine Kelly should've asked to leave so much sooner. Maybe it was these scripts that convinced her it was time to go.
    Possibly
    and I love the way that she defends them.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kutox wrote: »
    Jeez, this is bloody awful tonight

Have to agree - Stella's daughter is like Becky Mark2 (Hasn't Steve had enough aggro in the last few months?) I don't really like the way they've steamed into the Rovers and taken the place over.

Watching Becky disintegrate is not very uplifting either, nor is listening to Sean stressing about looking after his son. In fact, I feel quite stressed out myself watching those two episodes back to back after a long day at work.:(

It was a bit like watching Eastenders tonight - no humour. I'm missing John Stape, Peter and Leanne and Audrey.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Err, Stella, Betty is 91!!! She's entitled to have her off days...

Hear, hear!
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Ugh, dirty scummy druggy doing the dirty scummy druggy thing.

Right back to square one

Loathe her.

Can't help but a agree, don't loathe her though.
    More than enough Sean tonight already

It's such a pity that we only seem to get Marcus when Sean is on screen. I really like Marcus, but they seem to come as a package :( Last week he had a scene alone (with Sunita's auntie's) and it was great.

Marcus is great, I've always liked him. And I agree, a few scenes a way from Sean would be good. They definitely need to make him a character in his own right not just an appendage of Sean.
    His PTSD is causing him to be possessive of Izzy - not wanting her to come to any harm etc etc.

Yes, this is going to get nasty isn't it ...............?
    big dan wrote: »
    Such a decrease in quality from yesterday's ep. Also, Eileen has given Sean 'a break', after being a parent for 24 hours? After all that desperation to be a father figure to his child?:confused:

Ha, rose tinted glasses eh? The reality can be somewhat different!
    Stitches83 wrote: »
    Wait, is Becky using Steve's credit card to pay for all her scummy mates to party in this hotel? What a selfish bitch.

Bit of a bloody cheek like isn't it? :eek:
    It is a good accent, but it's weird after watching him in Taggart for a long time. :)

I'm sure I've read somewhere that both his mum and his wife are from the Nth West so he should be able to manage a passable accent after that shouldn't he? To me, he sounds like someone out of Oasis (maybe styled it on the Gallagher brothers?) so it's not bad at all.

But at first it was just totally weird after watching him with a Scottish accent in Taggart for so long?! It was a bit freaky :D
    BigDuck wrote: »
    I'm liking the daughter, she's made me laugh already.

I like her in Corrie much more than I liked her in ED. She was quite boring it that but has much more potential in this. I wonder if her and Tina are going to be mates? Tina could do with a female friend about her own age.
    mikebuk wrote: »
    My name is Bond, Devindra Bond.

LOL! OMG that was totally cringeworthy! :o
    Our Tune playing in the background hehe

OMG - cringe!!!!

If I'd been Sunita I'd have died of embarrassment. But if I was Dev I'd have died of it too when Sunita turned him down :eek:
    First sign of what's to come with mention of Leanne...

And the huge interest in the Barlows.
    I fail to believe Deirdre would stand there making small talk with Stella without failing to mention that her job had been promised to Tracy!

At least we've had the first on screen hint to
    Stella being Leanne's mum, with her enquiring about her in a round about way by asking about Peter's hospital wedding

Is Karl meant to be Eva's dad of her step-dad?

I was waiting for some kind of remark from Deirdre too. Wow, these pottery classes are cheering her up no end!
    Those bl""dy aunties!!! Did Dev say the zebedee you'll be sleeping on instead of the zed bed?

I'm not surprised that Dev was angry - I would have been bloody angry in his position. They're taking advantage of his hospitality while trying to palm Sunita off on someone else! Bloody cheek of it. They should be given the old heave-ho pronto.
    Hopefully Roy and Hayley might be able to bring Becky back to more of a redeemable character again. They've worked well together before.

She was always better with them in the cafe than with Steve in the Rovers. If she's going to be hanging around until christmas/January then I hope it's with them and not back with Steve.
    I wonder how this Becky storyline will play out now that she seems to have gone back to square one by living with Roy & Hayley and a return to the Rovers seems almost impossible? What can they do with her for six months?

I hope Steve doesn't give her another chance and she ballses it up royally before escaping, that's been happening for months and months and is boring for the actress and frustrating for the viewer. I really like KK and I hope they find some way to give her an honourable discharge from the show rather than some typical chavskank dystopian trollop-fest exit storyline, which is virtually all she's done for ten months.

I agree, good post.

The sight of Roy and Hayley sitting with all those scruffy, drop out types in that hotel was hilarious! But I LOVE that they did it for their surrogate daughter :)
    That was my thinking too. Like you say, there's no way she'd remember Peter's name from a random artical unless it was important to her. Ever since the spolier about her being Leanne's mum came about people have been speculating about how she found out where Leanne was/why she's only contracting her now after all these years etc. I think Corrie have given us a huge clue tonight with the mention on the news artical following the crash. It's very possible that Stella didn't have a clue where Leanne was until then and has been biding her time ever since.

Totally agree. I'm glad they explained how she found out where the Barlow's were. Just a couple of things though
    How long is it since Leanne is last supposed to have seen her mum? They've been on the street for a long time now and we've never seen sight nor sound of her, Janice has always been her 'mum'. So would they recognise each other?

And before Leanne married Peter had she gone back to her maiden name of Battersby after briefly being called Platt after marrying Nick years ago? It's just that I don't know whether Stella would recognise the name Leanne Platt in the newspaper? So I'm taking it she went back to Battersby? I can't remember!